Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Not getting alerts  (Read 3077 times)

• Liked: 5
Not getting alerts
« on: June 29, 2019, 03:18:45 PM »
I went to my profile and turned notification alerts on but the little triangle still says no alerts when I  click on it even though there have been replies to my posts

• Liked: 3595
Re: Not getting alerts
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »
I may be wrong, but I think you have to actively subscribe to the topics to get the alerts.

I don’t subscribe to any topics so I don’t get any kind of alerts on my posts - I just check the ‘Recent Unread Topics’ so I can see all the topics that have new replies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:10:34 AM »
Looks like no new posts from Cam54 after the initial flurry of reviving every controversial old thread and declaring himself a Brexit loving hunter.

I see the way that this tiny corner of the internet is swamped with paid trolls, trying to get us to argue with each other and marvel at how this kind of thing must be happening all over.  And twice as much on Facebook.

It’s obvious to me that the US is under attack in ways that most people can’t even comprehend. 

• Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 02:17:11 PM »
Looks like no new posts from Cam54 after the initial flurry of reviving every controversial old thread and declaring himself a Brexit loving hunter.

I see the way that this tiny corner of the internet is swamped with paid trolls, trying to get us to argue with each other and marvel at how this kind of thing must be happening all over.  And twice as much on Facebook.

It’s obvious to me that the US is under attack in ways that most people can’t even comprehend.
Erm I think you have me confused with someone else lol the only things I've posted has been asking about what to bring if I move, how easy my husband will find it to be employed year round as an electrician and my different options for financial sponsorship for my usc husband to move to the uk with me

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 02:46:11 PM »
Erm I think you have me confused with someone else lol the only things I've posted has been asking about what to bring if I move, how easy my husband will find it to be employed year round as an electrician and my different options for financial sponsorship for my usc husband to move to the uk with me
Yes, Jimbo gets easily confused these days.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 04:31:45 PM »

Jimbo definitely has you confused with someone else. 

Excellent job on the Welcome Wagon there Jimbo.  ;D  :P

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 07:34:18 PM »
Jimbo definitely has you confused with someone else. 

Excellent job on the Welcome Wagon there Jimbo.  ;D  :P

In Jimbo's defense, there was someone who joined pretty much at the same time... I cannot find the person now, but I feel like I know who he was talking about.  Sorry you got mixed up in that Cam54.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
It was Gaston.  :) I'm pretty sure he's not a troll though, just someone who doesn't share Jimbo's opinions.  :)

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 07:52:21 AM »
Sorry Cam54, I did indeed get you confused with Gaston because I was in a hurry to post my rant.  You are certainly welcome here!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 07:57:42 AM »
It was Gaston.  :) I'm pretty sure he's not a troll though, just someone who doesn't share Jimbo's opinions.  :)

Really?  What makes you think he's not a troll?  All I saw was a blast of posts that were all carefully worded to seem innocuous but all contained something that would offend someone, reviving some old thread about Brexit and then radio silence.  Standard issue troll. 

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 11:02:44 AM »
Really?  What makes you think he's not a troll?  All I saw was a blast of posts that were all carefully worded to seem innocuous but all contained something that would offend someone, reviving some old thread about Brexit and then radio silence.  Standard issue troll.

It's not unusual for new members to dig up old threads and not everyone who supports the idea of Brexit is a troll!  ;D

Also, he was really good at saying "thank you". Not something that trolls usually bother to do. :)

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 03:25:18 PM »
It's not unusual for new members to dig up old threads and not everyone who supports the idea of Brexit is a troll!  ;D

Also, he was really good at saying "thank you". Not something that trolls usually bother to do. :)

Are you sure he hasn't been sweet talking you to join his troll army of zombies? 

He even complained of trolls himself, in a fantastic example of double inoculation. 

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 04:00:46 PM »
Are you sure he hasn't been sweet talking you to join his troll army of zombies? 

He even complained of trolls himself, in a fantastic example of double inoculation.

Nah, it was the thank yous. :)  I agree he was a little abrupt at first (as nervous newcomers sometimes are) but they made up for it!  I'm a sucker for good manners!  ;D

Sponsored Links