Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Oh, now, that's going to really tick people off  (Read 957 times)

• Liked: 676
Oh, now, that's going to really tick people off
« on: June 29, 2019, 08:32:10 PM »
Well shades of https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/15568693.the-delayed-launch-of-outlander-scotlands-independence-referendum-and-the-objectivity-of-the-uk-media/.   ::)

Apparently the largest cinema chain in Scotland, directed by "management down south" is not showing the new Robert the Bruce movie and people are up in arms about it.  Thankfully it's on at the Odeon. (And, apparently, getting standing ovations.) I guess I'll go see it. I survived that horrible Mel Gibson thing, after all. ;)

• Liked: 768
Re: Oh, now, that's going to really tick people off
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 11:59:18 AM »
Well shades of https://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/15568693.the-delayed-launch-of-outlander-scotlands-independence-referendum-and-the-objectivity-of-the-uk-media/.   ::)

Apparently the largest cinema chain in Scotland, directed by "management down south" is not showing the new Robert the Bruce movie and people are up in arms about it.  Thankfully it's on at the Odeon. (And, apparently, getting standing ovations.) I guess I'll go see it. I survived that horrible Mel Gibson thing, after all. ;)
We watched Braveheart again last night. It's a great movie and the Scot's still like it. The only thing they didn't like was when they put that horrible statue of Mel Gibson as William Wallace at the Wallace Monument. (I can see the Monument from my living room. ) At least they finally removed it and it's over in Ayrshire the noo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 533
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 12:29:27 PM »
horrible statue of Mel Gibson as William Wallace at the Wallace Monument.

Holy sh*t that thing is wonderful!
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
Holy sh*t that thing is wonderful!
Just so everyone else can enjoy it.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »
Yikes!  ;D

• Liked: 533
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 01:23:36 PM »
I am wondering about the thought process of etching "Braveheart" into the shield. "What if no one recognises it?"
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 02:47:30 PM »
And as expected, Cineworld folded under the pressure and will now show Robert The Bruce.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 05:29:03 PM »
Oh, good. It only takes one bus to get to Cineworld, and three to get to Odeon. Although Odeon sells Ben & Jerry's "Cherry Garcia" ice cream....

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab