Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) questions  (Read 384 times)

• Liked: 10
FLR(M) questions
« on: July 03, 2019, 06:46:29 PM »
Hi,

My wife's FLR is up for renewal on 17th July 2020 (a bit far away I know!) and I'm just in the process of getting all the right things in order so it's not chaotic next year as we have a remortgage to contend with at almost the same time as the visa. I just have a few questions to ensure what I'm prepping for now, is going to be ok this time next year.

One of the questions I have is around the 6 pieces of evidence over 3 sources. I am planning on gathering the below pieces of mail:
  • Joint Bank Statement Dated 7th November 2018
  • Council Tax Bill in Both Names Dated March 12th 2019
  • Water Bill in Both Names Dated June 18th 2019
  • Joint Bank Statement Dated 7th November 2019
  • Council Tax Bill Dated sometime March 2020
  • Joint Bank Statement Dated  7th June 2020

If this list looks ok and spaced out enough, my next question is around the 6 months of payslips/bank statements as evidence. As I'm paid on the 28th of the month and my bank statements are generated on the 7th of the month, waiting for my June pay + bank statement being mailed July 7th to cover it is getting quite tight in terms of the visa expiry date.  As we are with an online only bank I was considering moving to a bank in the near future with a high street presence to be able to do a walk in and get an ad-hoc statement generated the day after my June 2020 pay to be able to ensure I get the physical copy in time.

Does anyone see any issue with us changing bank given the fact some of the mail we will be using for cohabiting evidence will be with an account we will be closing? Though I am planning on changing now so that the 6 months of bank statements for financial evidence will be from just 1 bank as to not complicate things.

Thanks in advance!

• Liked: 1
Re: FLR(M) questions
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 01:59:40 PM »
One of the questions I have is around the 6 pieces of evidence over 3 sources. I am planning on gathering the below pieces of mail:
Joint Bank Statement Dated 7th November 2018
Council Tax Bill in Both Names Dated March 12th 2019
Water Bill in Both Names Dated June 18th 2019
Joint Bank Statement Dated 7th November 2019
Council Tax Bill Dated sometime March 2020
Joint Bank Statement Dated  7th June 2020

If you're renewing in July 2020 then you'd need correspondence covering the preceding 2 years. So the main issue is you need some earlier evidence; I'd try to start with some evidence from August 2018.

6 pieces of evidence over 2 years perfectly spaced would be something every 4 months. If you've got a gap of more than 4 months (e.g. June 2019 - November 2019) you might consider submitting something additional in that gap just to be safe.

One of the things me and my wife did to ensure we'd have adequate evidence was we set up some credit cards and kept a small balance so we'd be posted monthly statements. Our joint bank accounts are set up to post us monthly statements too (different banks from the credit cards).

As I'm paid on the 28th of the month and my bank statements are generated on the 7th of the month, waiting for my June pay + bank statement being mailed July 7th to cover it is getting quite tight in terms of the visa expiry date.  As we are with an online only bank I was considering moving to a bank in the near future with a high street presence to be able to do a walk in and get an ad-hoc statement generated the day after my June 2020 pay to be able to ensure I get the physical copy in time.

Does anyone see any issue with us changing bank given the fact some of the mail we will be using for cohabiting evidence will be with an account we will be closing? Though I am planning on changing now so that the 6 months of bank statements for financial evidence will be from just 1 bank as to not complicate things.

We had a similar situation. I'm paid around the 21st of every month but our bank statements are issued on 18th of the month. We are with a high street bank. We went in and explained that our situation and they told us that they are able to issue an interim statement on request. This is not simply a print out from the branch of transactions; this means they issue a whole new statement (we ordered ours a couple of days after I was paid) which would look like your other statements but it would cover the period from the last normal statement to the day the interim statement is issued. As we have paper billing, the interim statement arrived in the post. We're using this for our evidence.

You could check with your online bank to see if they're able to issue an interim statement.

However, as this interim statement only covers part of a month, if you submit this with 5 or 11 months normal statements then together the statements wouldn't quite cover 6 or 12 full months statements required for financial evidence. We have therefore also included another full month before. So altogether our 7 bank statements (6 normal and 1 interim) cover 6 + a bit months. I hope this makes sense.

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 07:14:33 PM »
If you're renewing in July 2020 then you'd need correspondence covering the preceding 2 years. So the main issue is you need some earlier evidence; I'd try to start with some evidence from August 2018.

6 pieces of evidence over 2 years perfectly spaced would be something every 4 months. If you've got a gap of more than 4 months (e.g. June 2019 - November 2019) you might consider submitting something additional in that gap just to be safe.

One of the things me and my wife did to ensure we'd have adequate evidence was we set up some credit cards and kept a small balance so we'd be posted monthly statements. Our joint bank accounts are set up to post us monthly statements too (different banks from the credit cards).

Ok so after some rejigging I could do the following:

• Joint Bank Statement August 7th 2018
  • Joint Water Bill December 5th 2018
  • Joint Council Tax Bill March 12th 2019 (Aware this is only 3 months gap from December so also submit an April 2019 Joint Bank Statement since I need the council tax bill to make up my third source)
  • Joint Bank Statement August 7th 2019
  • Joint Water Bill Sometime in December 2019
  • Joint Council Tax Bill Sometime in March 2020 (Also assuming since our 6 months of financial evidence comprised of joint bank statements will be Jan - July 2020 it shouldn't be an issue that again this is only a 3 month gap?)

Let me know if you think this would be more suitable or if I'm going to have to sign up to something else to collect evidence.

You could check with your online bank to see if they're able to issue an interim statement.

However, as this interim statement only covers part of a month, if you submit this with 5 or 11 months normal statements then together the statements wouldn't quite cover 6 or 12 full months statements required for financial evidence. We have therefore also included another full month before. So altogether our 7 bank statements (6 normal and 1 interim) cover 6 + a bit months. I hope this makes sense.

Yep I will ask my bank if they do interim statements, if not I will probably switch to be safe, And yes that makes complete sense, since the period I need to just show the gap between my June 7th statement and my end of June pay, I was planning on doing 6 full statements + the interim of June 7th - June 28th to ensure I cover 6 full months.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 07:40:30 PM »
I'd submit the April 2018 statement as you suggest. You should also see if you can submit something from June 2020. Then you'll have items spaced out over the whole 2 years with no more than 4 months between items. It's a bit extra than what they ask but this shouldn't be an issue as it's only a few more. I'm going off what others have said and what we're submitting for our application (online application was done on Monday and our appointment is next Monday).

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 08:06:47 PM »
Thanks for the advice.

Just called my bank and they can't print ad-hoc statements or change the statement date (annoyingly). So looks like we'll be opening a new bank account that we are paid our salary into to one that is able to do so! Any suggestions on banks that are more flexible?  ;D

So I guess I can use that to solve the former problem on having regular different sources and have 2 joint bank accounts with different banks producing monthly statements to use as different sources.

Also, good luck with your appointment!

• Liked: 104
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 06:09:39 PM »
So I guess I can use that to solve the former problem on having regular different sources and have 2 joint bank accounts with different banks producing monthly statements to use as different sources.

FYI I believe bank statements only count as one source, even if the statements are from different banks.
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab