Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Moving  (Read 15380 times)

• Liked: 73
Re: Moving
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 11:30:46 PM »
Hi Eddy - you seem to put the same two lines after all your photos on Instagram and I'm curious to know where they're from

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Those lines are by Lenny Kravitz, Calling All Angels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 11:52:27 PM »
Those lines are by Lenny Kravitz, Calling All Angels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks Michali. Wasnt sure if it was a song or something else, I just noticed it was written on every post so was curious.

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Good Luck to All where your Journey takes you !!!!
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2019, 11:20:03 PM »
Hi all.. got a letter from the HO 90 extended to get my BRP and also i was requested to to get some benefits once my card has the sentence access to benefits..the police records show from 2018 and reports from the people i see who run a domestic violence program has spoken out on my behalf in Nottingham stating that this was going on to long and had nowhere to go..so i wait and for three months but this news is good ..

i can fight back but afraid i will be kicked out..hands tied..take it all and come back stronger and with more love..not for her.. hahah

the photos on my instagram with the same two lines is about being surrounded by Angels..and kneeling before them for protection ..awesome song by Lenny..

just had a sh*t day today i really don't swear..btu went down to the canal to visit my friends a rabbit and a hawk. i feel free when see them.. the more she pounds me the more i feel free....i found what she doing is called attention disorder..and guilt. ... i have so much love to give ..but its to someone i don't care for anymore..
single and traveller
working on myself

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 07:31:36 AM »
Hi all.. got a letter from the HO 90 extended to get my BRP and also i was requested to to get some benefits once my card has the sentence access to benefits..the police records show from 2018 and reports from the people i see who run a domestic violence program has spoken out on my behalf in Nottingham stating that this was going on to long and had nowhere to go..so i wait and for three months but this news is good ..

That's great news! So far, so good.  :) 

• Liked: 387
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 01:37:40 PM »
Sounds promising so far eddy.  I hope you're able to get things sorted quickly in regards to everything HO-related, and that you're able to access whatever you need to remain safe.

Take care of yourself and be kind to yourself; you've got this! [smiley=hug.gif]

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2019, 08:03:06 AM »
Monday went to Sheffield Wilko  across from KFC. and had my fingerprints and photo taken....I don't know what this means  but if its good or bad i accept it in all its capacity .. i do understand this is the 90 day extension to see if i am a viable human to them and the issues i am going through. in the mean time. i need to prepare for any answers whether they be yes or no.

To be very forthcoming my mind keeps on pushing me to go back home...and understand that this was a very bad  experience and learn from it..I feel i just got caught up in something where i was being to honest and it comeback to haunt me..

Its OK... dark days will end soon. i will be in either Sheffield or Nottingham this weekend to do some street photography shooting due to the  pride parades in both cities... looking forward to the weekend..

going to the canal with some carrots for the rabbit. and got some fish for the hawk..i see the hawk has babies...that's my commitment.. i try to see myself as free with animals having grown up with parrots, cats and two beautiful Dobermans... Animals have thought me a lot, through out my life.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:09:44 AM by eddyj »
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2019, 08:16:17 PM »
To be very forthcoming my mind keeps on pushing me to go back home...and understand that this was a very bad  experience and learn from it..I feel i just got caught up in something where i was being to honest and it comeback to haunt me..

Not to put you off from staying here by any means, but do you a goohave a support base back home or here? If you have a good support circle around you back home (Canada if I remember correctly?), it's definitely worth considering going back there I think. Only suggesting because, iirc, you were struggling with finding work and you had friends/family back home so you being back there might ease those burdens and give you time to heal. You need to do what's best for you, but don't feel like considering going back would somehow make you some sort of failure or something because you're not (I'm not suggesting you DO feel this way, just that people in the same boat have expressed that they've felt like failures for considering going back).

I am by no means trying to convince you to go back vs. stay or trying to make you feel like you should leave, I just want you to have the head space to heal with the right support system.
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2019, 09:39:06 PM »
Not to put you off from staying here by any means, but do you a goohave a support base back home or here? If you have a good support circle around you back home (Canada if I remember correctly?), it's definitely worth considering going back there I think. Only suggesting because, iirc, you were struggling with finding work and you had friends/family back home so you being back there might ease those burdens and give you time to heal. You need to do what's best for you, but don't feel like considering going back would somehow make you some sort of failure or something because you're not (I'm not suggesting you DO feel this way, just that people in the same boat have expressed that they've felt like failures for considering going back).

I am by no means trying to convince you to go back vs. stay or trying to make you feel like you should leave, I just want you to have the head space to heal with the right support system.

Well yes and no.. don't get me wrong .. KOD. life is getting out what you put in everyday..second,,,, hour ..the bad experience is i never knew it could be something that would kill my spirit.life is all about ups and owns.. but my condition was was always down . believe i could have done so many things...i was tormented some days. i hate to say this this. but i will if i find someone here who i can share my worthiness with and love and walks and talks ...KOD ..i would promise my self they would be treated like a queen. unfortunately it was not to be..in this relationship..so i must  turn my back on it and never look back.....and yes i would stay here. all people are not alike..

Failure no...healing and starting over yes. Home office has 90 days to figure out my situation.. i am willing to try anything that makes sense to this unnecessary evil..

Ty for your thoughts...KOD..ty
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 10:56:22 AM »
Hi guys... just signed for my BRP card which runsfrom

23-10 2019

from

24-07 2019

Says ..work permitted outside Rules..

Have no clue what that means
single and traveller
working on myself

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2019, 11:00:04 AM »
Sounds like it's just confirming your okay to work on your extension (which may not be normally allowed)

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2019, 12:49:40 PM »
I agree, it looks like you will be able to continue with the same rights as you had before, until the expiration date of the BRP.

Presumably they think they will be able to decide on your case by then or will issue another extension?

• Liked: 342
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »
Hi Eddy

Sorry to hear this has happened to you.

Hi all.. got a letter from the HO 90 extended to get my BRP and also i was requested to to get some benefits once my card has the sentence access to benefits

Even when you can have Public Funds, there is not much benefit money for those on low income who don’t have children, and there never has been. Unless exempt, those asking for low income benefits each have their own weekly Minimum Income Floor. If they don't meet their MIF, then they are treated as jobseekers and all the requirements they have to meet for benefits.

There are contribution based benefits, which are for those who have contributed to the UK (paid enough NICs) over the previous two relevant tax years. These type of benefits are not Public Funds and you just have to meet the requirements of having paid into the UK, but they are mainly time limited.

There is also the Council Tax Reduction benefit, which is a Public Fund and you cannot take until you can have UK benefits. Not to be confused with the 25% single person reduction, for when there is only one person in that property liable to pay Council Tax.

Each council decides if they will give a Council Tax Reduction based on low income and if they will, how much that reduction will be. This varies from council to council as they all have their own systems.
e.g.
- in one area, those who are self employed and low income, might find the can’t have a reduction in their Council Tax as their council bases their low SE  income on what they could be earning if they worked thirty five hours a week on just the national hourly minimum wage. In other areas, that council might not do that.

- in one area, those on low income with capital just below 16k can have a part Council Tax Reduction, whereas another council might have cap of 6k capital.
Etc.

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2019, 03:33:56 PM »
Hi guys... just signed for my BRP card which runsfrom

23-10 2019

from

24-07 2019

Says ..work permitted outside Rules..

Have no clue what that means

I read that as you being allowed to stay in the UK outside of the immigration rules, until 23-10-2019 and that you have permision to work during this time? They are allowing you to work so that you can keep yourself, even though your visa has expired (I assume it has expired if they put that?). You can show that BRP to your employer to show them you are allowed to work until the end date on your BRP.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:44:26 PM by Sirius »

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2019, 03:55:20 PM »
I agree, it looks like you will be able to continue with the same rights as you had before, until the expiration date of the BRP.

The BRP says "outside rules". Wouldn't being able to stay with the same conditions as a spouse visa, be 3C of the Immigration Act 1971: inside the rules??

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2019, 10:31:50 AM »
Will see tomorrow they sent me a letter for something /Benefits  .. i dont expect anything Sirius.. will see what they say..
single and traveller
working on myself

Sponsored Links