Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help with Letter of Confirmation of Employment  (Read 21907 times)

• Liked: 5
Help with Letter of Confirmation of Employment
« on: July 04, 2019, 03:47:16 PM »
My partner and I have recently requested Letters of Confirmation of Employment from their employer for a visa application.

Unfortunately what we have received from their companies HR office is not exactly what we asked for.

Firstly we did specifically ask for the letter to be sent to us by post on company letterhead paper with a wet signature. Instead we received a PDF copy of the letter sent to my partners email.

Secondly they did not state that the payslips were genuine. This is by far the most important omission which I think must be rectified. I must also note that my partners payslips are sent to them as PDF files via email.

Thirdly they did not state that my partner would be employed for the foreseeable future.

So main questions :

A)   Is the PDF copy of the letter sufficient, or should we insist on an original copy sent by post with wet signature ?

B)   Am I correct in believing that we definitely have to get them to state that the payslips are genuine ?

C)   Do we also have to insist that they include that my partner will be employed for the foreseeable future ? I have actually only seen this mentioned on this forum. So although it certainly would be better to have that stated, I’m not entirely sure how absolutely necessary it is.

D)   Is there any chance that what they have given is ultimately acceptable and we should just leave it as is ? They do state that this their 'standard response for employment verification requests'. I don't know if this specifically refers to HO employment verification requests, but if it does, perhaps other employees have use similar letters without any issues ?

Any assistance regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated !!!

This is the letter we received :

To Whom It May Concern,

Confirmation of Employment

I write to confirm that XXX is an employee of XXX with effect from XXX. Further details regarding his employment are below.

- Capacity of Employment – XXX
- Hourly Rate - XXX
- Contract of Employment – Permanent
- Contracted Hours – XXX Core Hours per Week. Current XXX Week Average Hours – XXX Hours per Week.

It is Company policy to provide factual information only. I trust this information is sufficient; however should you require any further details please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

Signature

XXX
HR Co-ordinator
XXX@XXX

This is the email sent from HR to my partners manager explaining why they were not able to include everything as requested.

Hi XXX,

Hope you’re well.

Please find attached our standard response for employment verification requests.

This covers the majority of XXX’s letter template however I’m not able to confirm details referring to payslips that I’m not providing alongside the letter, nor can I comment on employment in the foreseeable future. I also have to use the current information available on XXX regarding hourly rate and average hours.

If any further information is required, I’m happy for my email address to be a point of contact for Home Office.

Many thanks,
XXX

And this is the email that was sent to HR. It included a template for the letter :

To whom it may concern at XXX head office,

My partner and I will be making a visa application to the Home Office shortly and we are required to send a letter of Confirmation of Employment provided by yourselves on company letterhead paper with a wet signature.

Although it is permissible to send copies of documents with the application, it is necessary for us to obtain the original signed letter on letterhead paper in case the Home Office requests that specific document for verification purposes. The Home Office may also contact you to verify the information contained within the letter.

I have provided a template below where you will only need to fill in a few details, specifically your name, position, date and signature. All the information provided has been taken from my wage slips covering the past year.

I have also included the template as an attached Word document.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could sent the letter to my home address at :

XXX

Many thanks,

XXX

LETTER TEMPLATE :

To whom it may concern at the Home Office,

XXX Employment Confirmation (FLR-FP Visa Application for "XXX")

Dear Sir / Madam,

This letter is drafted upon the request of XXX which confirms that XXX has been employed with XXX on a permanent basis as a XXX since XXX. Prior to XXX, XXX received an hourly rate of XXX, and since then he has received an hourly wage of XXX. For the past 12 months XXX has worked an average of XXX hours per week. XXX will continue to be employed on a permanent basis for the foreseeable future.

Please find below the summary of the above information. 
Name of Employee : XXX
Position Held : XXX
Hourly Rate : XXX prior to XXX, XXX since XXX
Average Hours per Week for Past Year : XXX 
Length of Employment : From XXX to present
Contract Type : Permanent

We can confirm that all the payslips provided in order to support the FLR-FP application for his partner are genuine and are provided by XXX. 
I hope you will find this information useful and should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

(SIGNATURE)

(NAME) 
(POSITION)
on behalf of XXX
(DATE) 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 03:54:30 PM by washtenaw »

• Liked: 5
Re: Help with Letter of Confirmation of Employment
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 04:03:31 PM »
Image of letter from HR

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3598
Re: Help with Letter of Confirmation of Employment
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 04:07:29 PM »
My partner and I have recently requested Letters of Confirmation of Employment from their employer for a visa application.

Unfortunately what we have received from their companies HR office is not exactly what we asked for.

Firstly we did specifically ask for the letter to be sent to us by post on company letterhead paper with a wet signature. Instead we received a PDF copy of the letter sent to my partners email.

In regards to the letter, it needs to be an actual, handsigned letter... printed on official company letterhead. It can't be in email format.

In the past, someone actually had their visa refused because the letter wasn't printed on 'proper' company paper and UKVI didn't believe it was a genuine company!

For your questions:

A) You need the original copy. While you should send copies/scans to UKVI, you do need the originals just in case.

B) If the payslips have been printed by the company themselves, on official paper, then the letter does not need to verify them. However, if the payslips have been printed from online, the letter needs to verify each one, and should state: pay period, pay date, gross payslip amount and date deposited into the bank account. In some cases, visas have been refused because the payslip amount and/or date did not match the amount and/or date on the bank statements, and there was no explanation for it from the employer (in some cases, it was like 1 pence or 1 day different).

C) The letter needs to state ALL of the following:
i) current employment and salary/wage
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary/wage (and if there has been a payrise in the last 6 months, this should be stated, along with the previous wage and date of payrise)
iv) type of employment (full/part-time, permanent or temporary)

If you are NON-SALARIED (paid by the hour), then the letter must also EXPLICITLY state that the job is NON-SALARIED... this is because the income is calculated differently for salaried vs. non-salaried, and someone had their visa refused a couple of years ago, because their employer letter did not state NON-salaried and so UKVI calculated the income incorrectly, meaning they apparently didn't qualify for the visa.

D) What you have is currently not acceptable as it's in email format and does not list all the required information. You want one letter, printed on company letterhead with a wet signature, stating all of the above information in C and verifying the payslips as in B.

An example suitable letter:

To The Entry Clearance Officer,

I am writing to confirm that [NAME] has been employed with us on a [PERMANENT, FULL-TIME] contract as [JOB TITLE] since  [DATE]. This position is [NON-SALARIED]. [NAME] receives an hourly wage of [£XXX] and is contracted to work X hours per week. He has been earning this wage since [DATE - if less than 6 months, they should also state the previous wage and date of payrise].

I can confirm that the following payslips provided are genuine and are provided by XXX:
Pay Date   Pay period  Gross payslip amount   Date deposited into bank account
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

I hope you will find this information useful and should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Faithfully,
(SIGNATURE)

Sponsored Links