Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Do my kids need us passport to visit USA?  (Read 4431 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Do my kids need us passport to visit USA?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 10:03:02 AM »
I also found it pretty easy to renew my passport. The most complicated part was the payment.

They've also recently changed it so you can pay with a GBP money order or banker's draft, so you don't have to worry about trying to get an international money order in USD anymore.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 10:08:27 AM »
They've also recently changed it so you can pay with a GBP money order or banker's draft, so you don't have to worry about trying to get an international money order in USD anymore.
That's brilliant. That was literally my only complaint. Couriers were great and the process was easy (for me). I honestly had no issue beyond being annoyed with the payment (but my mom works at a bank in the US where my US account is, so I honestly didn't even have a problem with it, but think that's the trickiest part for the average American living abroad). Glad to see that one part has now changed :)

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 10:24:30 AM »
I find it incredibly easy to see why you have a difficult time fitting in here. I would find you insufferable and would do whatever I could to avoid you.

I try to avoid her online!  I can't imagine anyone wanting ANYTHING to do with this woman in real life.  I don't want ANYTHING to do with her not in real life.

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2019, 10:27:28 AM »
I'm still convinced shes a troll as she comes onto threads (sometimes older ones) and says something that can be pretty rude or creates controversial threads and then never responds to anybody. She doesn't engage in conversation, she just plants seeds to set people off. That's why I typically dont bother to engage.

My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2019, 12:24:25 PM »
I'm still convinced shes a troll as she comes onto threads (sometimes older ones) and says something that can be pretty rude or creates controversial threads and then never responds to anybody. She doesn't engage in conversation, she just plants seeds to set people off. That's why I typically dont bother to engage.

My thoughts exactly, particularly stirring up old threads is very troll like behaviour
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2019, 12:34:15 PM »
My thoughts exactly, particularly stirring up old threads is very troll like behaviour
Completely. Combined with the tone of the posts ("I'm very accepting and the uk is not accepting but I cant stand those people who I clearly somehow know for a fact aren't american because of their skin colour asking me questions at the US border") and the lack of response. It's textbook

My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2019, 01:15:40 PM »
That's brilliant. That was literally my only complaint. Couriers were great and the process was easy (for me). I honestly had no issue beyond being annoyed with the payment (but my mom works at a bank in the US where my US account is, so I honestly didn't even have a problem with it, but think that's the trickiest part for the average American living abroad). Glad to see that one part has now changed :)

My last renewal was in 2015, and I was able to pay by credit card then.  But I was watching the change to USD bank draft/money order thing and feeling so relieved that I wouldn't have to face that ordeal for years.  But now it's changed to GBP or USD, I'm no longer dreading something that's 6 years away.  :P
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 718
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2019, 01:32:21 PM »
My last renewal was in 2015, and I was able to pay by credit card then.  But I was watching the change to USD bank draft/money order thing and feeling so relieved that I wouldn't have to face that ordeal for years.  But now it's changed to GBP or USD, I'm no longer dreading something that's 6 years away.  :P

We had to do the USD thing and DX courier service which worked out okay but was a real pain. Our son is due to renew his next month so it is great news that they now accept a GBP money order.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »
Completely. Combined with the tone of the posts ("I'm very accepting and the uk is not accepting but I cant stand those people who I clearly somehow know for a fact aren't american because of their skin colour asking me questions at the US border") and the lack of response. It's textbook

It's almost like there's a vast conspiracy to manipulate every part of social media in order to wreck our democracy and get us to vote for crazy stuff like Donald Trump and Brexit. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab