Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question regarding ToR and the relation between ToR and the UK Residence  (Read 1905 times)

• Liked: 5
Dear All,

I am looking to submit a TOR application at the moment.
I have a UK Spouse visa issued since October and my first entry was in October 2018. I haven't moved to the UK yet.
Now , I am in the process of moving and renting a house in the UK.
I know that TOR is valid only within 12 months of your move? Is the TOR is related to the first entry stamp of the UK spouse visa? Or is it related to the physical move to the UK? as far as I believe you need to show proof of old residence (e.g lease, bills) and proof of the new residence (lease and bills)
So would the 1-year count from the first entry of the visa? or would it be counted from the start of the new UK lease?

Kindly , Please advise.

Many Thanks,

• Liked: 957
I believe its one year from first entry, which is how your dates until ILR are calculated. But they can grant exemptions if its  warranted. I would submit now if you haven't already gotten it as any shipping company would need it to move your items.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Right thanks for that. Here is the Dilemma. I was in the UK already the past 3 months trying to find work and settle.
To rent a place, You need a permanent contract job for a landlord to accept accommodating you.
Also, Renting laws has been changed. Back in the day, you may able to pay 6 months in advance for a landlord to accept accommodating you but its illegal from 2 months ago. Landlords are unable to request more than 5 weeks of deposit and no other fees should be involved.

I believe part of the TOR application process you must provide a proof of your old residence and new residence. New Residence doesnt exist. I was staying in AirBnBs and landlords are strict to use the address for any postal.

I believe its one year from first entry, which is how your dates until ILR are calculated. But they can grant exemptions if its  warranted. I would submit now if you haven't already gotten it as any shipping company would need it to move your items.

• Liked: 4985
Your date of residence will be based upon the stamp in your visa vignette on your visa.  This applies to your driving license (if you need to get one in the UK) and the TOR.  The TOR people tend to be VERY helpful and if you request an extension, it is likely to be granted.

The driving license, not so much.

EVERYTHING for the next 5 years plus will be based around that stamp on your visa vignette.  It's very black and white.

• Liked: 957
Right thanks for that. Here is the Dilemma. I was in the UK already the past 3 months trying to find work and settle.
To rent a place, You need a permanent contract job for a landlord to accept accommodating you.
Also, Renting laws has been changed. Back in the day, you may able to pay 6 months in advance for a landlord to accept accommodating you but its illegal from 2 months ago. Landlords are unable to request more than 5 weeks of deposit and no other fees should be involved.

I believe part of the TOR application process you must provide a proof of your old residence and new residence. New Residence doesnt exist. I was staying in AirBnBs and landlords are strict to use the address for any postal.
I was in the process of moving, so I gave my inlaws address. But any residence where you can receive mail, even if its  an air bnb, with an explanation would suffice. The address on the TOR request did not match the destination on my shipment, and there weren't any issues. Its a pain, extra paperwork, but as far as the government goes it was one of the easiest things to do. I did it by email.

• Liked: 676
Yeah, I gave our hotel as our destination. It worked fine. :)

Thank you very much for all your support. I thought the ToR goes by the last Bill of the previous address and The first Bill of the new address
I thought its irrelative to the Passport stamp.

Thanks for all your guidance. I wonder whats my maximum extension If I submit it now. Can I bring my things within 1 year of ToR issuance??

Sponsored Links