Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: (Access UK) Biometric Confirmation Receipt & Priority Service Receipt  (Read 6216 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi there.

My fiancee (sponsor) and I (applicant) are applying for a fiance visa. We've been using this forum often for information through the process and wanted to give our thanks by donating. However, I do have a couple quick questions I'd like more clarity on.

We applied online through Access UK on 27th June. During the online application process, we chose the "Priority service" option on the pay step, which we have already been charged for. My biometric appointment will be at an ASC on 25th July. This leads to my questions...

1) It reads on this webpage: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#go-to-your-appointment [nofollow] "When you visit the ASC for your biometrics appointment, please take your current passport, a print out of your application form and a copy of your biometric confirmation receipt. You can print your receipt when you apply online."

2) On the same webpage: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa#priority-visa-service [nofollow] it also reads "You must pay for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global website before you mail your application. The VFS ‘User pay services’ page contains further information on how to apply, the fee and how to pay for this service.

You should print off the receipt and include it with your application when you mail it to one of the addresses above, writing the words ‘priority service’ in large black print on the outer envelope."

I have the appointment checklist and appointment confirmation PDFs and I'm wondering if either of these are the "biometric confirmation receipt"? I also have our online application form printed out and am wondering if this is used as the "priority service receipt" when we chose priority service on the govuk website? I will provide images (with personal details omitted) below of what each of them look like. If any of these look wrong and we need something else, please let me know. This interchanging of Access UK/VFS along with all the recent changes is so confusing. Many thanks for any help.

Online Application Form

Appointment Checklist

Appointment Confirmation

Bump

• Liked: 4985
The third document "appointment confirmation" is the Biometrics appointment confirmation.

They *just* changed the website and it appears you no longer book priority seperately through VFS.  Chances are it'll take them YEARS to update the website.  But you've done everything correctly.

Re: (Access UK) Biometric Confirmation Receipt & Priority Service Receipt
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:52:39 PM »
Hi, checking in with a couple more questions.

I was given a paper by the ASC during my biometrics appointments. On the paper, it states that I should provide photocopies of all supporting documents. It also states to provide a UPS return shipping label through the VFS website.

Are both of these requirements absolutely necessary? I'm comfortable providing either originals or photocopies and I figure they only want photocopies as they keep what you send, but I've no need for the originals. Also, do I need to purchase the return shipping label through VFS or can it be done through the UPS website/in store?

A quick reply would be appreciated as I'm under the 5-day rule now. Many thanks.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 01:58:47 AM »
Hi, checking in with a couple more questions.

I was given a paper by the ASC during my biometrics appointments. On the paper, it states that I should provide photocopies of all supporting documents. It also states to provide a UPS return shipping label through the VFS website.

Are both of these requirements absolutely necessary? I'm comfortable providing either originals or photocopies and I figure they only want photocopies as they keep what you send, but I've no need for the originals. Also, do I need to purchase the return shipping label through VFS or can it be done through the UPS website/in store?

A quick reply would be appreciated as I'm under the 5-day rule now. Many thanks.

You should keep the originals and send photocopies of your supporting documents. You'll still need to send the applicant's original passport.
It's perfectly fine to buy your shipping directly through UPS, it'll be easier and probably cheaper too.

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2019, 11:15:16 AM »
I didn't get my fiance Visa vignette stamped at arrivals when I got to the UK a couple days ago. What will the repercussions for this be and what can I do to fix this?

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 11:24:48 AM »
I didn't get my fiance Visa vignette stamped at arrivals when I got to the UK a couple days ago. What will the repercussions for this be and what can I do to fix this?

For fiancee visa, it's not big deal, I think.  You don't need proof of the date of entry, because your five years doesn't start until you get your first FLR(M) after you marry, and you don't have a BRP to collect on a fiancee visa.  You're fine.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2020, 10:26:09 PM »
Hi all, back again applying for FLR m. Just want to make sure our provided supporting documents will suffice before we follow through with submitting them. They're out of order so feel free to reorder them if you want but primarily making sure we got everything.

I. GENERAL DOCUMENTS:
Applicant’s Passport
Applicant’s Passport-sized Photo (Name on back)
Friend/Joint Tenant Letter

Declaration & Consent Forms
- Sponsor
- Applicant
- Friend/Joint Tenant
 - Sponsor (Seperate form only signed by sponsor)

Sponsor’s Passport (Copy)
Marriage Certificate
3 Wedding Photos
Cover Letter
Appointment Confirmation Page (QR Code)

II. DOCUMENTS TO PROVE SPONSOR MEETS THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENT:
Sponsor’s Work Contract

Employer Letter – 28 days
- Employment
- Employment Length
- Differing Salaries
- Type of Employment