Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse Visa Priority Service - Paid with application fee, was this a mistake?  (Read 337 times)

• Liked: 1
Hi everyone -

When I was submitting my online application a couple days ago I was able to select to pay for priority service alongside my application fee.  I did this, but looking at message boards now it seems everyone else ordered their priority service directly from VFS on their website.  The document checklist I was instructed to print along with my biometric appointment confirmation on the UK visa application website clearly states "Priority Service" at the top.

I believe the UK recently changed the online application portal, so perhaps the process has changed allowing you to purchase the priority service directly from them (most message boards I've seen are from 2018 or earlier)...but does anyone know for sure?

Thank you!

• Liked: 3595
How much did you pay for the priority service, and what was it called on the site?

I have only ever heard of it being offered to purchase on the VFS website - it's never even been an option to purchase on the application site in the past. The old application site (visa4UK) was for applications for all countries, and each country has a different method of submitting the application, and different priority services, so you would have to go to the VFS site for your country in order to see what priority services were available to you.

I paid $2,725.00 in total.  It gave me the option to either selection "application fee" or "priority service with application fee" (language roughly similar to that).  My document checklist printer from the application website says "Priority Service" at the top.  However, the receipt I received to my email doesn't mention the time of service I paid for and only says the amount and reference number. 

The instructions I was given at the biometrics site are as of Jan 2019, and they say to buy the priority service through VFS.  But I believe the application website changed even more recently than that (I think in the last few months).

• Liked: 3595
I paid $2,725.00 in total.  It gave me the option to either selection "application fee" or "priority service with application fee" (language roughly similar to that).  My document checklist printer from the application website says "Priority Service" at the top.  However, the receipt I received to my email doesn't mention the time of service I paid for and only says the amount and reference number. 

Interesting. Well, the current visa fee is $2,018 and the settlement priority fee is $759, which would make it $2,777 in total if you purchased priority on the VFS website.

Thank you for your replies!

I went ahead and wasted the few pounds to call the help line.  It's apparently just recently changed to allow you to do that, and the small differences is likely due to currency fluctuations.

They are still hanging out paper work at the bio-metric places (or at least the one I went to) that is from before you were able to pay the priority service directly.

Now let's just hope I get accepted! 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab