Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help please! Indefinite Leave to Remain is coming up soon!  (Read 272 times)

• Liked: 7
Help please! Indefinite Leave to Remain is coming up soon!
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:43:05 PM »
Hi all! It's been so long since I've posted here, but with my ILR looming near, I'm looking for some help please!
So just a quick recap:
Arrived in UK on 18 May 2014 on a Fiancee Visa.
Married and applied for First FLR(m) which was issued on 5 October 2014.
Second FLR(m) applied for and approved in April 2017 and is due to expire on 5 October 2019!

(<-- me panicking lol)

So I know I need to do my Life in the UK test before I can send my application, and I will be doing this next month. But what I would like guidance on is when I can actually apply for my ILR. Would anyone be able to advise what is the earliest date I can apply for my visa?

Also, is this process only available to be done by sending the application off, and not the in person appointments like I had with my two FLR(m)'s?

And does anyone know what the processing times are like for a straightforward ILR application?

I'm also concerned if the actual application itself is complicated at all? Or is it fairly easy like the FLR's? And is there any proof of anything that they will need for the application (like the proof of earnings etc)?

I'm sorry I have a million and one questions, I'm just starting to freak out now

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Help please! Indefinite Leave to Remain is coming up soon!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 11:53:10 PM »
So I know I need to do my Life in the UK test before I can send my application, and I will be doing this next month. But what I would like guidance on is when I can actually apply for my ILR. Would anyone be able to advise what is the earliest date I can apply for my visa?

The earliest date you can apply is 28 days before your current visa expires... so that will be 28 days before October 5th, which is 7th September.

Also, is this process only available to be done by sending the application off, and not the in person appointments like I had with my two FLR(m)'s?

The whole application system has changed in the last few months.

You now:
- apply online
- upload your documents
- make an appointment at a service centre to give biometrics and submit the application
- there are various appointments options: you can pay more for a certain time/day (£100 I think), you can pay for an appointment where they scan and upload the documents for you, or you can pay £800 for the 24-hour Premium Service

And does anyone know what the processing times are like for a straightforward ILR application?

Processing standards time is up to 6 months. Not sure how long they are generally taking at the moment.

I'm also concerned if the actual application itself is complicated at all? Or is it fairly easy like the FLR's? And is there any proof of anything that they will need for the application (like the proof of earnings etc)?

It’s pretty much the same application as for the fiancé visa and the FLR(M) visas.. except now you need the Life in the U.K. pass certificate too.

So you need all the same documents as for the last 2 visas
- payslips
- bank statements
- employer letter
- accommodation evidence
- marriage certificate
- 6 documents addressed to both of you at the same address, evenly spread over the last 2.5 years
- if either of you have kids, you will need to provide information and documents about them too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 06:26:29 AM »
The good news is that there is no IHS to pay this time.  :)

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 02:36:23 PM »
The earliest date you can apply is 28 days before your current visa expires... so that will be 28 days before October 5th, which is 7th September.

The whole application system has changed in the last few months.

You now:
- apply online
- upload your documents
- make an appointment at a service centre to give biometrics and submit the application
- there are various appointments options: you can pay more for a certain time/day (£100 I think), you can pay for an appointment where they scan and upload the documents for you, or you can pay £800 for the 24-hour Premium Service

Processing standards time is up to 6 months. Not sure how long they are generally taking at the moment.

It’s pretty much the same application as for the fiancé visa and the FLR(M) visas.. except now you need the Life in the U.K. pass certificate too.

So you need all the same documents as for the last 2 visas
- payslips
- bank statements
- employer letter
- accommodation evidence
- marriage certificate
- 6 documents addressed to both of you at the same address, evenly spread over the last 2.5 years
- if either of you have kids, you will need to provide information and documents about them too

Hi ksand24, thank you so much for helping me out with this! You're always so knowledgable!!
With regards to payslips/bank statements, is it just for the income requirement again? Can we just use my husbands income alone as we easily meet the income requirement without my salary?

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 02:38:18 PM »
The good news is that there is no IHS to pay this time.  :)
I know!!!! I'm so grateful that I dont have to pay it again! I didn't have to when I got my first flr(m), but then when I got my second it was in place and I was so annoyed because I obviously already pay taxes from my salary towards nhs! Just thinking about it annoys me lol but it is a relief not to have to worry about it this time around!

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 02:48:06 PM »
Hi ksand24, thank you so much for helping me out with this! You're always so knowledgable!!
With regards to payslips/bank statements, is it just for the income requirement again? Can we just use my husbands income alone as we easily meet the income requirement without my salary?

Yes, just for income, though you may find it useful to use mailed bank statements for some of the correspondence evidence, depending on what documents you have.

If your husband meets the income requirement on his own then there is no need to mention your income on the application form.

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 03:01:10 PM »
Yes, just for income, though you may find it useful to use mailed bank statements for some of the correspondence evidence, depending on what documents you have.

If your husband meets the income requirement on his own then there is no need to mention your income on the application form.

Perfect! Thank you!

With the correspondence is it still 6 pieces of post over the past 2.5 years in joint names or individually? Which may mean thay we will need more than 6 bits of post... And is it still from 3 or more different places?

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 03:45:25 PM »
With the correspondence is it still 6 pieces of post over the past 2.5 years in joint names or individually? Which may mean thay we will need more than 6 bits of post... And is it still from 3 or more different places?

Yes, the number of documents and sources is exactly the same as before.

The only difference this time is that you cover 2.5 years and not 2 years, so you’ll want one document in each name every 5 months instead of every 4 months.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab