Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Working on the Internet - Legal Ways?  (Read 327 times)

• Liked: 0
Working on the Internet - Legal Ways?
« on: July 14, 2019, 07:22:12 PM »
Hello,

Our goal is to relocate to the UK for one month (October 2019) for personal reasons. We are United States citizens and I am employed by a US enterprise but cannot afford to consume all of my remaining vacation time during our stay in the UK. Fortunately my job allows me the potential to work remotely for a short period of time so I can fulfill my work duties. While in the UK I will need to work on my laptop over the internet.

I have read some of these forums and understand that this is not legally permitted under a Standard Visitor visa (or permitted leave to enter as a US citizen). Thank you for the advisory write-up and KFdancer's link to the Standard Visitor visa overview.

Can you advise on how I can legally obtain a visa to work in the UK? I've seen several threads which state that you cannot work on the standard visa but can't find one on how to obtain a proper visa. I've searched the forums using the native search engine and searched using Google but I'm unable to find an answer. Can you advise or point me to a thread that discusses this?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide, apologies in advance to what is probably a simplistic question to you.

• Liked: 3595
Re: Working on the Internet - Legal Ways?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 07:27:47 PM »
Unfortunately there is no legal way to do what you want to do.

It is illegal to carry out any form of online work on a visitor visa, and there is no visa can you can get to allow you to work online for 1 month while in the UK.

Your only options are:
- carry out no work activities at all while you are in the UK
or
- only come to the UK for the number of days you can take vacation for and then return to the US to continue working
or
- don't come to the UK at all

Sponsored Links