Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M) Applications, has the process changed since last time? Is it all digital?  (Read 408 times)

• Liked: 0
Hello,

My wife's first 2.5 year FLR(M) and biometric card expires 5th Oct 2019, which means we are starting to think about preparing for the second FLR(M).

(Here I think: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/family-routes [nofollow] )

I'm picking up hints from the various threads that things have changed, so I have a few questions...

1) Are documents now submitted electronically?

2) Last time we did an in person application in Croydon and took our documents with us, does this still happen?

3) If nothing gets sent off in the mail anymore, then the priority service is less useful because you are not left without your passports for weeks?

4) Am I right in thinking the online application should not be submitted until within 28 days of the current FLR(M) expiring?

5) And then once submitted, you have 10 days to upload all your documents? And then that's it? All that's left to do is wait?

???

• Liked: 73
Yes, everything is now submitted electronically. The advantage to this is that you get to keep all your original documents including your BRP and passport during the period your application is being processed .

There are no longer same day in person decisions but there is a super priority  option whereby you pay an extra £800 to get a decision within 24 hours. From reading posts on a couple of forums, this is now working quite efficiently.

Even though you keep your passport, you cannot travel while your application is being processed, so paying for super priority is still an advantage.

If your wife entered on a spousal visa, she can submit her application within 28 days before her 30 month anniversary from her date of entry into the UK or at any time after that before her current visa expires. If she came in on a fiancé visa, her application can be submitted within 28 days of the expiry of her current visa. (Confirmation needed on this, please! )

When her application has been submitted, she will be directed to the Sopra Steria site to make an appointment for her biometrics to be enrolled. Her supporting documents should be uploaded before the date of appointment unless she is having them scanned and uploaded at the Sopra Steria Centre. Originals of uploaded documents should be taken to her appointment.
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 0
Thank you very much Michali, that clears a few things up, much appreciated.

Regards,
Rob

• Liked: 73
You are welcome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

Sponsored Links