Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Spouse visa 2 1/2 years  (Read 906 times)

• Liked: 2
Spouse visa 2 1/2 years
« on: July 18, 2019, 03:04:14 PM »
So I’ve lived in the UK with my husband for a year now, and my spouse visa is going to expire in a year and a half. I believe that I have to reapply to extend it for another 2 1/2 years.

My question is what’s the process and what do I need?

• Liked: 107
Re: Spouse visa 2 1/2 years
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:22:05 PM »
Using my ILR application as a benchmark you will apply online 30 months (or from 28 days before this date) after you initially landed in the UK. You will then scan the documents and attend a biometrics appointment where they will take your fingerprints and picture (like for your spouse visa). They will check your scanned docs (or they can scan for you).

It depends on your circumstances to decide what documentation you need. The below is based on somebody with a child, renting and a salaried job.

Applicant
- BRP Card
- Passport
- Expired Passport

Sponsor
- Passport
- Declaration

Child
- Birth certificate
- British Passport
- Letter to home address dated within 90 days

Accommodation 
- Expired tenancy agreement
- Letter from landlord stating they are happy for applicant, tennant and child to live there
- Latest Council Tax Bill

Employment 
- 6x months of payslips
- 6x Bank Statement showing funds earnings entering account
- Letter from employer stating role, permanent employee, how long I have worked there and how long I have held the certain salaries
- Latest P60

Correspondence
6x pieces of mail jointly addressed to you both spread out every 4 months
or
6x pieces of mail addressed to applicant spread out every 4 months
&
6x pieces of mail addressed to sponsor spread out every 4 months
or
6x mixed pieces of joint mail and separate mail spread out every 4 months

There must be a joint piece of mail or, where not possible, two separate pieces of mail every 4 months. Basically there needs to be a piece(s) of mail with both your names on every 4 months. Whether it's separate or not doesn't matter. These need to be from at least 3 separate sources (eg. bank statement, gas bill, water bill, phone bill, NHS appointment)

Other
- Marriage Certificate
- IHS surcharge receipt

I may have missed one or two things there but that's the baseline. Have you been collecting your mail? You need to prove you've been living at the same address for the last two years (from the point of your application).
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 11:32:55 AM »
Using my ILR application as a benchmark you will apply online 30 months (or from 28 days before this date) after you initially landed in the UK. You will then scan the documents and attend a biometrics appointment where they will take your fingerprints and picture (like for your spouse visa). They will check your scanned docs (or they can scan for you).

It depends on your circumstances to decide what documentation you need. The below is based on somebody with a child, renting and a salaried job.

Applicant
- BRP Card
- Passport
- Expired Passport

Sponsor
- Passport
- Declaration

Child
- Birth certificate
- British Passport

Accommodation 
- Letter from landlord stating they are happy for applicant, tennant and child to live there

Employment 
- 6x months of payslips
- Letter from employer stating role, permanent employee, how long I have worked there and how long I have held the certain salaries
- Latest P60

Correspondence
or
&
or

There must be a joint piece of mail or, where not possible, two separate pieces of mail every 4 months. Basically there needs to be a piece(s) of mail with both your names on every 4 months. Whether it's separate or not doesn't matter. These need to be from at least 3 separate sources (eg. bank statement, gas bill, water bill, phone bill, NHS appointment)

Other
- Marriage Certificate
- IHS surcharge receipt

I may have missed one or two things there but that's the baseline. Have you been collecting your mail? You need to prove you've been living at the same address for the last two years (from the point of your application).

So yesterday I have been officially living in England for a year, so I should start applying online now?

And yes I have been getting everything in the mail and saving it. I have all my payslips, my p60, all bank statements. We also have our tenancy agreement

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 11:49:24 AM »
So yesterday I have been officially living in England for a year, so I should start applying online now?

And yes I have been getting everything in the mail and saving it. I have all my payslips, my p60, all bank statements. We also have our tenancy agreement

You cannot qualify for the next visa for another 1.5 years, so there’s no point in starting an online application now.

All you need to be doing now is saving all the mail that is sent to your house.

Then towards the end of 2020 you can start looking at the online application.

In terms of payslips, bank statements and P60, they need to cover the most recent 6 or 12 months before applying (depending on category) so you will need your future payslips, bank statements and P60 from 2020, not 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:48 AM »
You cannot qualify for the next visa for another 1.5 years, so there’s no point in starting an online application now.

All you need to be doing now is saving all the mail that is sent to your house.

Then towards the end of 2020 you can start looking at the online application.

In terms of payslips, bank statements and P60, they need to cover the most recent 6 or 12 months before applying (depending on category) so you will need your future payslips, bank statements and P60 from 2020, not 2019.

Okay awesome! Another question about bills. My husband and I live in a flat and all we pay is rent and the light bill. Where we live we don’t have to pay for water, garbage, etc
And the rent comes out every month directly out of our accounts to the landlord. Which you can see in our bank statements.
Would that be enough?

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 12:12:47 PM »
Okay awesome! Another question about bills. My husband and I live in a flat and all we pay is rent and the light bill. Where we live we don’t have to pay for water, garbage, etc
And the rent comes out every month directly out of our accounts to the landlord. Which you can see in our bank statements.
Would that be enough?

Enough for what?

The requirements for the correspondence are that you need:
- 6 documents in each name sent to you at the same address, from at least 3 different official sources, spread evenly across the last 2 years leading up to the application.

So assuming you are applying in December 2020, you would need to provide 1 document in each name (either 1 jointly-addressed or 2 separately addressed) from each of the following months:

December 2018
April 2019
August 2019
December 2019
April 2020
August 2020
(optional extra: December 2020)

So you will need to make sure you have suitable documents in both your names from those months.

You could use, for example:
- council tax bills
- electricity bills
- tenancy agreements
- phone bills
- bank statements
- TV licence documentation
- letters from the NHS
- letters from DVLA
- letters from HMRC/DWP

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 09:07:04 PM »
Another question I have..

Before I moved here I got into a slight fender bender. The police were involved to exchange information and I got a ticket. Paid the ticket and all the insurance is done and dealt with. This happened after my visa got accepted to move to the UK.

So my question is, do I have to mention this when I apply for my extension? Or since it was such a small incident, there’s no need?

• Liked: 107
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 06:29:46 AM »
Ensure you both turn off paperless statements on your bank statements. Add both your names to the light bill (which I presume is electricity)
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

• Liked: 104
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2019, 07:59:45 AM »
Another question I have..

Before I moved here I got into a slight fender bender. The police were involved to exchange information and I got a ticket. Paid the ticket and all the insurance is done and dealt with. This happened after my visa got accepted to move to the UK.

So my question is, do I have to mention this when I apply for my extension? Or since it was such a small incident, there’s no need?

I would mention it just to show that you’re being fully transparent but it won’t affect your application.
Spouse visa received: 30 November 2018
Arrived in the UK: 27 December 2018

FLR(M)
Application submitted: 4 August 2021 (super priority)
Biometrics: 15 August 2021
Decision: 16 August 2021 - approved!

ILR
Application submitted: 14 December 2023 (super priority)
Biometrics: 17 December 2023
Decision: 18 December 2023 - approved!

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 01:51:47 PM »

Applicant
- BRP Card
- Passport
- Expired Passport

Sponsor
- Passport
- Declaration

Child
- Birth certificate
- British Passport

Accommodation 

Employment 
- 6x months of payslips
- Latest P60

Correspondence
or
&
or

Other
- Marriage Certificate
- IHS surcharge receipt

Hi, just to add that my husband and I are just about to submit our FLR (m) visa.  We have been asked to supply my kids (UK) birth certificate, copy of passports but I have not been asked to supply proof of address (90 days).  I have also been asked to give all travel dates for the kids but not proof of their home address.  I also had to provide proof of address for my ex husband (kids father).  Not sure if this helps but not sure why I am not been asked for the proof of address?

Sponsored Links