Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Ok, about 02 saturation levels  (Read 12573 times)

• Liked: 719
Re: Ok, about 02 saturation levels
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2019, 07:37:09 PM »
Ok, I'm due in to see her on Friday morning.  I just almost keeled over at B&Q a few hours ago. Heart was racing, 02 was 81, had to sit down. We had not walked all that much, but I felt truly lousy. So I'll be pushing her to sort this out.

Did you call 111?  Sounds to me like they would have either told you to go to an urgent care centre or called an ambulance if they thought it was dangerous for you to be driving.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2019, 08:02:48 PM »
Nan, please call 111 or go to A&E. That doesn't sound normal or good at all. 

Big hugs. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 676
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2019, 08:38:27 PM »
I am feeling better now that I am at home and resting. No, we just went into Sainsburys and sat for a while, and had some tea. I felt better after a bit, and was ok walking back to the bus stop and all the way home, although I still feel a bit "off."  My sats sitting are ok, and all I plan to do this evening is sit.  I will phone the GP very first thing in the morning and tell them what happened, and that I need to see someone (not necessarily the same GP, although I'd prefer that) ASAP. They don't do appointments on Tuesday afternoons, so I'm not sure how things will work out, but the Daughter will get me to wherever I need to go, if I need to go somewhere. If I feel unwell later this evening, I will phone 111.

As you say, something is definitely not right here.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2019, 10:53:45 PM »
Please keep an eye on yourself Nan, and I hope you feel better.  Don't be shy though - if anything feels off or you start to feel even a little more unwell, go right to A&E or phone 111 immediately! 

• Liked: 958
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2019, 11:03:42 PM »
Slightly odd question, but do you have carbon monoxide detectors at your apartment? I'm not sure if you have anything that could let it out, but when I was having furnace issues back in the states (it was just on the edge of needing replacing) the symptoms were getting winded easily and headaches, but because it'd gone on so long it seemed normal with all the other chronic stuff I deal with. It wasn't setting my alarms off because of it being borderline but the furnace guy had two testers all reading the same not healthy levels. I'd hope with it being summer it wouldn't be an issue due to windows open, but just something to consider if you haven't.

And I fully agree with PB, please look after yourself. 111 is a really amazing service and can look after you, getting the out of hours appointment scheduled or sending a paramedic who can do an assessment at your flat and bring you to A&E if needed. They exist just for this type of thing, where it could be urgent or an emergency and doing that triage with the questions they ask.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2019, 06:46:43 AM »
Slightly odd question, but do you have carbon monoxide detectors at your apartment? I'm not sure if you have anything that could let it out, but when I was having furnace issues back in the states (it was just on the edge of needing replacing) the symptoms were getting winded easily and headaches, but because it'd gone on so long it seemed normal with all the other chronic stuff I deal with. It wasn't setting my alarms off because of it being borderline but the furnace guy had two testers all reading the same not healthy levels. I'd hope with it being summer it wouldn't be an issue due to windows open, but just something to consider if you haven't.

And I fully agree with PB, please look after yourself. 111 is a really amazing service and can look after you, getting the out of hours appointment scheduled or sending a paramedic who can do an assessment at your flat and bring you to A&E if needed. They exist just for this type of thing, where it could be urgent or an emergency and doing that triage with the questions they ask.

It's required by law in the UK that there are carbon monoxide detectors in a rented home. If there isn't one, your landlords aren't meeting the requirements.

Here is Scotland's:
https://www.gov.scot/publications/carbon-monoxide-alarms-in-private-rented-properties-guidance/

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2019, 10:25:13 AM »
Nan, I don't want to sound alarmist, but this is coming on rather suddenly, which makes me think it's your heart, not your lungs.  And if there is something preventing enough oxygen from getting to parts of your heart, the longer you wait it out, the more permanent damage to the muscle you're doing.  You're not doing yourself any favours sitting it out waiting for a GP appointment.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
Nan, how are you doing? Been a few days since you've been on here. Bit worried!
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2019, 03:44:05 PM »
Hi. Sorry about that, and thanks for your concern. :)

I'm ok. Waiting for an appointment with cardiology and an urgent ekg. My orders are that if I have another episode where I feel really poorly again I am to dial 999 and let them take me to the Death Star (QU Hospital, where all the deaths from inhaled fungus have been) for a workup. So, the Daughter has been informed of all, and I'm just now waiting for the notice of when I need to be at the appointments.

Feeling very tired today, but otherwise just hanging around and watching TV.

• Liked: 719
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2019, 03:52:00 PM »
All the best Nan, let us know how it goes.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2019, 03:53:23 PM »
Thanks Nan for the update.  Hopefully appointments come through quickly and they can get to the bottom of it.  Rest up. 
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
Timing is everything in life, you know? The Daughter took September off from work so we could travel.  ::)

Any clue how quickly an "urgent referral" might take?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2019, 04:19:25 PM »
Timing is everything in life, you know? The Daughter took September off from work so we could travel.  ::)

Urgent referrals are usually within 2 weeks.  I've had it before where the consultant had to respond to the urgent referral within 2 weeks and then seen within 2 weeks before, so it was actually 4 weeks.  I've also seen an urgent referral be fully resolved within those 2 weeks before.  So..... no help.

As others have said though, go to Urgent Care or A&E if you need to.  This is not a time to sit back and wait....

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2019, 04:25:01 PM »
Yeah. I got what I believe is known as "a good talking to" about the Death Star....  ;) ::) 8)

• Liked: 958
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2019, 04:33:38 PM »

If you don't hear anything by Monday I would call the secretary for the department and make sure the referral came through. The NHS isn't the greatest at times.

Sponsored Links