Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for Fiance Visa, I am the main sponsor in UK but got no passport  (Read 367 times)

• Liked: 3
Hi all, In the process of applying for a visa to get my fiance over here to get married by Christmas. They ask for my Passport, but the problem is that I don't have a passport as it has expired. I got a photo ID driver licence and birth certificate, but no passport. Do I have to apply for a passport myself or can I do it with my current documents?

Thanks in advance.

Anthony
Fiance Visa Online Application: 14th August 19
Type: Priority
Bio-metric Appointment: 21 August 19
Documents Received in NY: 23 August 19
Confirmation From Sheffield: 10 September
Decision Made Email: 22 October
Visa in Hand and Approved: 23 October

• Liked: 4985
I would just renew your passport.  Definitely the easiest route.

Have you considered marrying in the US and applying for a spouse visa?  Saves a lot of time and money!

• Liked: 107
I would just renew your passport.  Definitely the easiest route.

Have you considered marrying in the US and applying for a spouse visa?  Saves a lot of time and money!

As KFD said, it really is the easiest route. We married in NYC for $100 with two of her best friends there and we could immediately start the spouse visa. Once accepted she immediately had a right to work, NHS etc, and most importantly the 5 years started ticking away for ILR

Have you considered maybe doing that and having a ceremony over in the UK instead?
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

Sponsored Links