Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Shouting...?  (Read 5959 times)

• Liked: 957
Re: Shouting...?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »
I have to say this thread has honestly been so helpful. I've really been struggling with the aspect of my job that involves writing to people (in UK English of course) and having it come across as "too firm". In some ways my boss appreciates it may get more responses, but I fear making people adversarial. The Please transcript was eye opening!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 533
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2019, 08:54:01 AM »
Well it is of interest that in 1848, republican revolutions flared up all across the Continent. Britain got the Coop and Chartist poetry...
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 13
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2019, 10:58:20 PM »
I have to say this thread has honestly been so helpful. I've really been struggling with the aspect of my job that involves writing to people (in UK English of course) and having it come across as "too firm". In some ways my boss appreciates it may get more responses, but I fear making people adversarial. The Please transcript was eye opening!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I was actually a little hesitant to start it, thinking I might look a bit silly (in a bad way), so I’m glad you were able to find it helpful (I have, too). It’s always nice to know you’re not alone with these things.

About a year into my job I was told I’m “rather blunt.” I’ve never felt that way, but the British people in the office think so. I guess it’s just an American thing :) I did, however, have a little issue with an email I once wrote to a client who didn’t appreciate my tone. That was pretty awkward.

Sponsored Links