Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Music Festivals  (Read 3930 times)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Music Festivals
« on: July 31, 2019, 03:38:22 PM »
Anyone here like music festivals?

I've been to a a wee one this year already (it was fabulous, with only about 200 people, but it was amazing, it was a Gin & Jazz festival, but was full on music festival), and now playing trombone this weekend at a big one. Hope to get to another wee one at a brewery next month. I love camping and doing the whole experience. My husband doesn't go with me. I went to the Gin & Jazz one with my friend, but I usually go to the big one by lonesome. I don't mind though, actually, because it gives me a chance to do whatever I want. And it's cool!

It's my dream to go to Glastonbury some day, but it's so far from my home that I really need to save up my pennies and splurge on glamping. That's expensive by myself, though. 

I had actually wanted to go 'Woodstock' when I found out it was happening, but most of the lineup doesn't do it for me, IMHO....  So no need to spend my ££££  on flights, trying to do logistics, etc.  But Glastonbury, some day. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1892
Re: Music Festivals
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 03:49:11 PM »
Woodstock?  You are no older than me and I was 3 when Woodstock happened!  We must be talking about different things

I really like music festivals and have gone to a few, but Glastonbury by myself would be a bit much for me.  The crowds and stuff would freak me out

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 04:40:20 PM »
The 50th Anniversary of Woodstock , I should say!

https://www.woodstock.com/

Oooh, except, it's looking doomed now! Good thing I didn't spend my ££££!!! 

Funnily, we have a paintball place called Wild Woodz and they host a festival called Woodzstock

Ooh, I totally lied, I went to another tiny music festival this year, which was put on by the village primary school.  Nothing like seeing my neighbours standing around the school with cans of beer watching some music being performed on the back of a flatbed truck ,whilst the kids zoomed around on their bikes.    Reminded me of all my childhood memories.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 04:42:49 PM by phatbeetle »
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 06:52:40 PM »
Music on a flatbed truck reminded me of a local festival in Twickenham where a fabulous U2 tribute band played on the day of a real U2 concert.  The one I went to was free, I stood 10 feet from the stage, beers were £2 and dads were dancing with their kids on their shoulders.

I did go to a music festival once just down the road from Lyonaria's house where a band called "Hayseed Dixie" played country versions of AC DC songs. That was nice as well.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »
Hayseed Dixie is a fab band!
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 163
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 09:05:20 PM »

Oooh, except, it's looking doomed now! Good thing I didn't spend my ££££!!! 

Doom confirmed.

https://news.avclub.com/it-is-finished-woodstock-50-goes-up-in-smoke-1836860628

We are saddened that a series of unforeseen setbacks has made it impossible to put on the Festival we imagined with the great line-up we had booked and the social engagement we were anticipating

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:16 PM »
I'm a fan of festivals. I'm saving for a wheelchair right now so I can go to things like that again. A few friends are playing at Boomtown, and there are some smaller ones that look nice. We had a little one across the street at the arts center earlier this summer and it was cool to sit in the grass and relax all day.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 107
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 09:02:22 AM »
I have been to Glastonbury 3 times. It is the only festival in the world where it doesn't even matter who's playing as you're having too much fun and you forget you're there for the music.

I lived in Cheshire when i went so i was up and on the road at 2am Wednesday morning to be pitched up and a can of cider in hand for 1pm.

I've been to V Festival twice so I'm in a position to know how great Glastonbury is in comparison. IT IS UNREAL. I'm not ashamed to say but I literally cried watching Coldplay in 2011. It's just something that Glasto does to you. It's permanent meditation. You're in a world where everyone is happy and everyone wants nothing but peace and love. You feel more attracted to go watch a 19 year old living his dream in a tiny tent than the Rolling Stones. It's just something i cannot explain.

My mate went missing for two days one year. Turned out he was getting into his tent super late, hardly sleeping and going and doing Yoga at sunrise. It is HUGE also. Meaning there are so many things to do and see. I would also say it is the only festival where age doesn't matter.

If you live in Scotland get a hotel on the Tuesday & Sunday/Monday night.
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 04:06:14 PM »
Fantastic post Ben!  I almost want to go now.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2019, 10:20:41 AM »
I’d love to go to festivals I love music in a way my hubby just doesn’t, but can’t bring myself to go alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2019, 01:06:51 PM »
I’d love to go to festivals I love music in a way my hubby just doesn’t, but can’t bring myself to go alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Next summer I should be able to go to some, we could plan a UKY meet up for one! Maybe even see Phatbeetle perform ;)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 10:56:49 AM »
Ben, great post! Sounds amazing. 

I'm just back from our big one and it's just fabulous. Ours is small (huge for the area), compared to Glastonbury, holds around 20,000 people.   All kinds of everything , family friendly, young, old, the mix.   

https://invernessgigs.co.uk/belladrum-tartan-heart-festival/

Absolutely shattered today. Glad it's a Bank Holiday, I'm trying to recover!!
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »

Ahh, you should go alone. It's actually quite fun. See what you want, do what you want, sleep when you want, eat when you want, pee when you want.  Plus at the chill, family friendly festivals, people are happy go lucky and chat to you everywhere.   :)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 12:21:35 PM »
I would be disappointed if I went to a Scottish music festival and those guys weren't there to sing that "I would walk 500 miles" song.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 12:32:42 PM »
I would be disappointed if I went to a Scottish music festival and those guys weren't there to sing that "I would walk 500 miles" song.

Even if the Proclaimers aren't playing, well that song sure does seem to pop up everywhere
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links