Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Music Festivals  (Read 3931 times)

• Liked: 768
Re: Music Festivals
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 12:50:22 PM »
I would be disappointed if I went to a Scottish music festival and those guys weren't there to sing that "I would walk 500 miles" song.
I've seen the Proclaimers in concert. They are absolutely amazing and they sound exactly like their recordings. They leave no fan disappointed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 01:07:58 PM »
I've seen the Proclaimers in concert. They are absolutely amazing and they sound exactly like their recordings. They leave no fan disappointed.

Yes, they put on a good show!  :)
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 585
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 01:54:06 PM »
PB, you were at Belladrum?  One of my fave bands, Glasvegas, were playing that... hope you got a chance to see them!

Count me in as another who's seen The Proclaimers live -- once in San Francisco, where I met them and got them to autograph a photo of them in a book about Scottish rock/pop music.
The other time was in London, during those 4 hellish years I lived there.... I reckon every Scot in London was at that gig (even Jambos!) ... I don't think I heard an English accent the whole night!

I go to a reasonable amount of gigs, but have never been to a music festival (unless you count Live Aid as a festival).  I don't really like outdoor gigs, and the idea of camping, or standing in mud or whatever kind of puts me off.  I reckon I'm a bit long in the tooth for stuff like that now anyway.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:00:46 PM by Albatross »

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 06:57:42 PM »
I saw a Scottish band called the Peat Bog Faeries once at a festival.  Anyone heard of them? It was almost like two distinct bands on stage at the same time, one Scottish and one Caribbean, playing different songs at the same time. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »
Yeah, they’re pretty good. I had a cassette tape of them!  :o
You're stuck with me!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 07:01:33 PM »
Albatross, I unfortunately didn’t see Glasvegas, as I was off playing at the same time they were performing
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 07:02:33 PM »
Albatross, were you just bragging that you went to Live Aide?  Was it fun?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2019, 07:55:32 AM »
Albatross, I unfortunately didn’t see Glasvegas, as I was off playing at the same time they were performing

Aww, that's a shame.  I saw their set list and it was all the favourites, so would have been really good!
I didn't realise you were playing... I just thought you were 'festing'!  :D

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2019, 08:08:08 AM »
Albatross, were you just bragging that you went to Live Aide?  Was it fun?

Bragging?  Stating a fact?
Same difference, right?  ;)

Yes I was there, 13 July 1985, and it was fab.  That was my first time ever in the UK and I was blown away by everything! (by November that year, I'd moved to Glasgow!)
I remember Status Quo were the opening act and I was like 'who the hell are this lot?' (I'd never heard of them before) but everyone around me knew every word to every song.

I was talking to some random guy in the crowd, and during Sade's set (not my cup of tea) he took me inside and we watched all the celebs going in and out of the backstage area.  I was initially too star-struck to ask for autographs, but this random guy took my programme book and just went round and got loads of autographs for me.  Eventually I felt a bit less shy and ended up having a long chat with Bruce and Stuart from Big Country.

It was a brilliant day!
But yeah, I don't know it it 'counts' as a music festival or not.  :-\\\\

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2019, 09:53:56 AM »
That is such a fabulous story about Live Aid. How cool 
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2019, 11:57:06 AM »
Really, I wasn't giving you a hard time for bragging, if we can't talk about stuff we've done, it's going to get boring quick.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 12:32:44 PM »
Really, I wasn't giving you a hard time for bragging, if we can't talk about stuff we've done, it's going to get boring quick.
I've got stories.

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 01:08:19 PM »

I know!
Hence... the winking smilie    ;)

• Liked: 533
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »
My musical brush with stardom. I was on a business trip in Pensacola, Florida and Duran Duran were playing there and were staying in the same hotel. While I like the song Rio, I am not particularly a huge fan, but was enjoying the madness in the lobby. They have a very ardent fandom.

I was in an almost deserted nook off the cafe area and was aware that Nick Rhodes (the keyboardist) was the only other person in there. He was sipping on a carryout cup of coffee and looked to be enjoying a moment of peace. No luck! A herd of young ladies spied him and ran over and got autographs and pictures. He seemed very nice in his interactions with them.

As they were leaving one of the ladies unknowingly knocked his coffee cup over and it spilled. So for a brief instant he looked over at me and rolled his eyes and sighed. I chuckled.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2019, 04:53:56 PM »
Albatross was at Live Aid.  I bow down to you!  Amazing!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab