Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Cat food turning red?  (Read 6292 times)

• Liked: 239
Cat food turning red?
« on: August 03, 2019, 05:33:55 AM »
We feed our cat Whiskas wet food (usually poultry or meat in gravy-variety pack). 

He loves the flavours and we've never had an issue until this week. I notified a few days ago when going into the kitchen that his wet food had a red tinge to it. It's not the whole lot of it, just a bit to the side. I dump it because I think his gums are bleeding. They aren't so I think it's just some weird dye at the time.

A couple of days later, same thing. And this morning, his food was out overnight (we do this a lot...should we not?) and it's all red. I always dump it when it's red as I don't know what it is but it's never done this before.

I googled and some said it's spoilage and some said it's a red dye they put in their food now. I don't notice it on every flavour mainly the chicken or poultry ones.

Any one else has this or know what it is? We're calling the manufacturer today for find out. #creepedoutcatmom
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

• Liked: 6110
Re: Cat food turning red?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 06:26:53 AM »
I would guess that the change of colour is it going off. I would only feed an amount of wet food that he's going to eat all at once.  It's fine to leave kibble out so he can eat it at his leisure.  :)

• Liked: 239
Re: Cat food turning red?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 07:00:39 AM »
Thanks @larrabee that's what I was thinking. Must be the heat turning it now. Luckily I'm home all day to give him a little at a time. He would eat his weight in the biscuits if I let him lol.
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab