Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Deadline Query  (Read 1796 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: ILR - Deadline Query
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 07:41:21 PM »
All of this must be uploaded online before you attend the appointment.

Some of them are uploaded in the Application documents section (your passports, your BRP,  applicant's declaration, sponsor's declaration) and some in the Other section (sponsor's passport, marriage certificate, daughter's documents).

It won't just strengthen the application, it's mandatory.

For ALL children you and your partner have, either together or from previous relationships, you MUST provide: - Done
- their passport
- their birth certificate
- a letter dated in the last 3 months confirming their address (usually obtained from their school or GP) - Nursery invoice letter stating our names/address and our daughter's name in question should be suffice.

For accommodation you need to send: - Done
- Land Registry document
- Latest mortgage statement
- Latest council tax bill

You DO need to send: - Done
- 12 FULL MONTHS of payslips (usually 13 payslips to show you are covering all 365 days)... so you will likely need to send January 2019 as well
- 12 FULL MONTHS of bank statements (usually 13 months are sent to make sure you cover all 365 days)... so you will likely need to send January 2019 to mid-Feb 2020 (or whatever you need to show the January payslip deposit)
- employer letter confirming current employment, and authenticating every payslip (if payslips have been printed from online)
- current job contract
- 2019 P60

You MUST make sure that the latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter are dated NO EARLIER than 28 days before you submit the online application. - Payslip and Employment letter sure, Bank statement not in my control and it just hits out of 28days to 29 (if I apply say 27th Feb).

You DO NOT need to send:
- 2017 or 2018 P60s
- reference letters from past employers

If you are a US citizen, you do not need to send anything at all for this, because you are exempt from meeting the English Language Requirement. - I met him in the USA but I only have a Syrian Passport, so I guess my English taught in the UK degree is needed (which I've scanned too)

Your US passport will show you are exempt.

Just scan it and don't worry about it. There's nothing you can do. - Done

You can always take it to your appointment as well so it can be rescanned if they question it.

Okay, you need to organise all this into 5-month spacing, between August 2017 and February 2020, and then pick 1 document in each name (either joint or individual) from each of the required months. You need at least 3 different sources (bank statements, bills, letters from government agencies etc.).

If you are applying in Feb 2020, then you need documents from each of the following months:
August 2017
January 2018
June 2018
November 2018
April 2019
September 2019
Optional extra: February 2020

From the documents you listed above, you have nothing at all from 2017 or 2018, and you don't mention which months in 2019/2020 any of your documents are dated, so unfortunately, when I try to work out what you can use for each required month, I have nothing: - I'm not sure about the spreading, that's going to be near impossible, because only my bank statements/joint statements/savers statements will have a particular month in a particular year, everything else is as and when the companies choose to issue. So I have a letter from HMRC which is 1st July 2019, I will definitely be using this as proof even if it doesn't meet the spread of 5months across.

Other friends of mine who have applied (successfully) agreed spread the proof of address in accordance with time as best as possible, but it wasn't always 5 months split (albeit that would be ideal I agree). So below I have mentioned each and every evidence I'm looking to provide with a Month and Year.

Proof of Correspondence (i.e. where I’ve been living for the past 2.5 years): - UPDATED

Joint address:

Joint savers account - I have 3 statements (which are annual statements) either: Jan 2018, Jan 2019 and Jan 2020
Joint invoice receipts/billing of nursery fees, which shows both our names and our address 3 statements: Nov 2019, Dec 2019 and Jan 2020.
Council tax annual summary lettered to us both, only our names are abbreviated with the First letter but the same address so it should be fine. Date of issue is as follows: March 2017, March 2018 and March 2019.

We only have 3 joint proof of address/living documents so we have the following proof per person:

Myself:

Driving License (April 2019)
Main Bank statement (e.g. Aug 2017)  (Pick ANY month and ANY year I have all the statements for any month/year so what month/year would be advised?)
Daughters Birth Certificate (which states the address of the mother - Issued 28th Sept 2018)
Dr's appointment letters/results (Nov 2018, Dec 2018, Feb 2019)
Payslips from my job (Nov 2019, Dec 2019 and Jan 2020)
Letter from my GP surgery following an appointment I had over my eyes, states my name and address (July 2019)
HMRC tax refund (July 2019)
HMRC-P45 (May 2018)
Pension account summary (July 2019)

Spouse:

Main bank statements (Aug 2017) (Pick ANY month and ANY year I have all the statements for any month/year so what month/year would be advised?)
Gas Electric bill (Mar 2018, Dec 2018, Jan 2020)
Water bill (Oct 2017, Apr & Oct 2018, Oct 2019)
Payslips (All months in 2019 / Jan 2020)
HMRC related (Sept 2018, Oct 2019, Jan 2020)

August 2017
1. Applicant: ?
1. Sponsor: ?

January 2018
2. Applicant: ?
2. Sponsor: ?

June 2018
3. Applicant: ?
3. Sponsor: ?

November 2018
4. Applicant: ?
4. Sponsor: ?

April 2019
5. Applicant: ?
5. Sponsor: ?

September 2019
6. Applicant: ?
6. Sponsor: ?

Optional extra: February 2020
7. Applicant: ?
7. Sponsor: ?

Suitable documents you can use for this are:
• Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
• Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• Bank statements/letters
• Building society savings books/letters
• Council tax bills or statements
• Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• Water rates bills or statements
• Mortgage statements/agreement
• Tenancy agreement(s)
• Telephone bills or statements

I'd probably just scan it anyway before your appointment - I imagine it goes in the Application Documents section. - Done

You do not need to write a cover letter and you should not be including any kind of backstory to your relationship, finances, accommodation or future plans... that is only required for the initial spousal visa, when you are still living abroad. - Removed

For this part of the application they are trying to find out what ties you have to the US vs. the UK and whether or not, if your visa was refused, you would have strong reasons for HAVING to stay in the UK, because your life would be in danger or you would not have the means to survive if you had to return to the US.

So, reasons to stay in the UK would be things like:
- your UK citizen daughter whose life would be severely disrupted if you had to return to the US without her
- your personal safety... i.e. your life would be in danger due to war, terrorism, famine or natural disasters if you had to return to the US
- your ties, or lack of, to the US... i.e. if you had no living family members or support system in the US and so staying in the UK would be your only option because you would end up homeless and penniless if your visa was refused and you had to go back
- Where do I get the chance to put this type of content though? It's not in the application as of yet?

Nope, passport photos are not required.

This section is used to upload:
- marriage certificate
- sponsor's passport
- your daughter's birth certificate
- you daughter's passport
- letter confirming daughter's address

Kind regards

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 07:49:52 PM »
You MUST make sure that the latest payslip, bank statement and employer letter are dated NO EARLIER than 28 days before you submit the online application. - Payslip and Employment letter sure, Bank statement not in my control and it just hits out of 28days to 29 (if I apply say 27th Feb).

You should not submit bank statements which end more than 28 days before your application date or they could refuse your application.The guidance on this is very clear.
If the timing doesn't work out then you need to go to your branch and have them print and stamp a partial statement up to date.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 08:07:49 PM »
You should not submit bank statements which end more than 28 days before your application date or they could refuse your application.The guidance on this is very clear.
If the timing doesn't work out then you need to go to your branch and have them print and stamp a partial statement up to date.

Okay so his last Bank statement was 29th Jan 2020, If I SUBMIT my application 26th Feb that would that be suffice i.e. within 28days? Or is it inclusive of the 29th? So I'd have to make the submission of my application 25th Feb?

Kind regards

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2020, 08:27:12 PM »
Okay so his last Bank statement was 29th Jan 2020, If I SUBMIT my application 26th Feb that would that be suffice i.e. within 28days? Or is it inclusive of the 29th? So I'd have to make the submission of my application 25th Feb?

Kind regards

What about his latest payslip? What date is on that one?

You must submit the application no more than 28 days after the date on either the payslip or the bank statement, whichever has the earliest date.

Since the bank statement must show the payslip, it’s likely that the payslip date will be earlier than the bank statement date.

If they are both dated 29th January then the ABSOLUTE latest you can submit the online application is Wednesday 26th February.

However, if his latest payslip is dated the 28th Jan, you must submit no later than Tuesday 25th Feb. If it is dated earlier than that, say, Jan 25th, then you will need to submit no later than 22nd Feb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2020, 09:57:48 PM »
Latest Payslip is 31st Jan
Latest Bank statement is 29th Jan

So going by what you have advised, it would mean we need to submit our application 24th 25th or 26th Feb

OR

Ask my husband to go to the bank and try to acquire a partial statement (stamped) that way the earliest out of the two would be 31st Jan and that would mean I have the 24th,25th, 26th, 27th and 28th to submit the application.

OR

Grab Feb's bank statement, and Feb's payslip and submit my application 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th of March (which is still legal in terms of my BRP expiry etc)

Correct?

Thank you for the quick replies so far to the both of you I really appreciate it. What about the spread of the correspondence (i.e. proof that we live together etc), I understand the spread but for me it's going to be near impossible, with what I've mentioned above in terms of providing evidence on those Months/years will that be suffice? As I don't have anything else :(

Also I am correct in thinking an English taught Masters degree here in the UK (Westminster University) is suffice as proof of english ?

At what stage is my application finally submitted? I have the following breadcrumbs of pages:

1. Start 2. Application 3. Finance 4, Documents 5. Declaration 6. Pay 7. Further Actions

I've done 1,2,3 and now I'm on area 4 which is ticking all the Documents that I'm going to provide, just wondering will I be able to upload my documents before I submit my application or will it be after?

Kind regards

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 10:52:58 PM by kfansa »

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2020, 01:53:33 AM »
Latest Payslip is 31st Jan
Latest Bank statement is 29th Jan

Not quite sure how that can work.

The bank statement must show the January 31st payslip and I’m not sure how that can happen if it is dated January 29th.

Unless the bank deposit of the payslip was before January 29th? If that is the case, the employer letter must explain the reason why the payslip date is different from the deposit date.

Personally, what I would do is go to the bank and ask them to print out a partial statement covering February 1st to today’s date.

That way, you will definitely have the payslip deposit on the bank statement and you will give yourself an extra couple of days to apply... because the start of your 28 days will be January 31st, meaning you will have until Feb 28th to submit the online application.

Or, as you said, you can also wait until you have both the Feb payslip and the bank statement showing the Feb payslip deposit and apply in early March.

What about the spread of the correspondence (i.e. proof that we live together etc), I understand the spread but for me it's going to be near impossible, with what I've mentioned above in terms of providing evidence on those Months/years will that be suffice? As I don't have anything else :(

You need to list the exact dates on each document you have so that we can help you work our what you can use.

Also I am correct in thinking an English taught Masters degree here in the UK (Westminster University) is suffice as proof of english ?

Are you a US citizen/citizen of an English-speaking country? If so, then you are exempt from meeting the proof of English requirement and do not need to provide anything for this.

If you are not a US citizen and your passport is from a non-English speaking country, then yes, evidence of an English-taught masters will meet the requirement.

At what stage is my application finally submitted?

It is finally submitted on the date you submit the online application form and pay for the visa.

You then have until your biometrics appointment date to upload all your documents to the Sopra Steria website, or you can pay extra for an appointment where they will upload everything for you.

If you will be going for a free appointment you may have to wait several weeks for an available one. If you want to pay for an out of hours one to get an appointment sooner, it costs £110z

DO NOT submit the form until you have every document ready to go and you are completely ready, with all the requirements met, because all your documents must meet the requirements on the date you submit the online application.

So you:
- gather all your documents, make sure they meet all the requirements and are all in order
- submit the online application
- go to the Sopra Steria website and book you biometrics appointment, selecting the services you require
- upload your documents to their website
- attend the appointment, taking the documents with you, just in case they need to be rescanned (or if you are paying them to scan and upload it all for you).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1327
Re: ILR - Deadline Query - [UPDATED] - Evidence Checklist
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2020, 07:48:46 AM »
Hi all, it’s getting close to d-day of submitting my application, I will be submitting my application either 26th/27th or 28th. That way I will be within the range of 5yrs -28days (applicants can apply 28 days before). What I wanted to cross by you experts is what evidence I have prepared / will be submitting. As you know most of the evidence will be submitted online via scanned images/documents of the evidence, and the hard copy (originals) that need to be handed when I go to my Biometric Appointment. I will mention all, please please anyone do let me know if you think I’ve missed a piece of evidence off.

Physical evidence to provide at the appointment:

Old passport (which shows the stamp I received in transit in Dublin 21st March 2015, amongst other trips)
New passport
Current Biometric ID card
Spo....

Is that your vignette stamp?  From Dublin?  Has this been discussed?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2020, 12:51:34 AM »
Funny story, I spoke to my husband and all the payslip dates on them is the last day of the month so i.e. January 31st , February 28th etc..

Anyway in some companies in the UK they pay you your salary a bit earlier in December and January being Xmas and Post Xmas n all. So for example my husband received his Payslip and it clearly states Payment date 31st Dec, yet we got Paid on the 20th Dec, and obviously that's what shows on the bank statement. In January he got paid on the 24th January but again the Payslip states 31st Jan etc...

Anyway my husband being a little gem, took the initiative and asked for a signed reference and statement (from his employer) mentioning about the Payslips Payment date on the payroll provider they use being not technically correct as the actual payment intake was the certain days I've mentioned, so they've stated that in this letter and also mentioned which were the dates officially as to when the monthly salary went in, so that it links with the bank statements.

The irony is my husband went to the bank today to get a 'Partial' statement and he got it stamped as well, but the 30th Jan to the 17th Feb doesn't show my payslip. The one I originally have i.e. up to the 29th Jan shows his Jan payslip. Anyway It should work out either way as I'm going to submit the application on the 25th Feb.

----------------Proof of living / address-----------------

As for the exact dates of the supporting documents:

Joint:

Joint savers account (annual statements): 26th Jan 2018 & 28th Jan 2019 & 28th Jan 2020
Joint invoice receipts/billing of nursery fees: 18th Oct  2019 & 20th Nov 2019 & 18th Dec 2019 and 23rd Jan 2020.
Council tax (annual statement): 3rd Mar 2017, 3rd Mar 2018 and 6th March 2019.

Myself:

Driving License (3rd May 2019)
Main Bank statement (31st Dec 2019 (this can be ANY month and year e.g. Nov 2017  - so I can change this if needed))
Daughters Birth Certificate (28th September 2018)
Solo savers bank account (Dec 2019)
Payslips from my job (1st Dec 2019 (for Nov Payslip), 31st Dec 2019 (for Dec Payslip) and Feb 1st 2020 (for Jan Payslip)
Multiple Letters from my GP surgery appointment/results (23rd Nov 2018 & 7th Feb 2019 & 18th July 2019)
HMRC tax refund (1st July 2019)
Pension account summary (July 2019) no exact date on this one
P45 - 23rd May 2018
P60 - 5th April 2017 - 5th April 2018

Spouse:

Main bank statements (10th Aug 2017 (this can be ANY month so I change this if needed))
Gas bill (27th Mar 2018 & 6th Dec 2018 & 21st Jan 2020)
Water bill (4th Oct 2017 & 16th Apr 2018 & 15th Oct 2018 & 16th October 2019)
Payslips (Any month 2019 & Jan 2020)
HMRC tax refund notification (22nd Oct 2019)
HMRC Tax Code (25th Sept 2018)

------------------ Vignette Stamp / Dublin / Entering UK --------------------

So in terms of proof of when I entered the UK I have the following and by the way this was advice given by the UKBA officer in heathrow as we wanted to make sure when it came to this day, we weren't going to be refused.

- Boarding cards from the flights
- Booking ticket
- Old passport has Dublin 21st Mar 2015 stamped on it
- Cover letter explaining what I've mentioned above.

Think that covers everything? What's left aside from my soul & sanity ^_^

Kind regards

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2020, 01:34:32 AM »
Hi all

Just wondering, if what I've put above if anyone has any advise or anything else I should consider or ?

Also just to reiterate:

Just to clarify, kfansa's wife entered on the 21st of March, so she will complete five years in the UK on 21 March, 2020.

Twenty-eight days before five years (and the first day she can apply) is 22 February 2020.

The latest she can apply is her BRP expiration date of 5 March 2020.  So her window is 22 February to 5 March, 2020.

So I will be applying on the 25th Feb so this should be okay hopefully? :)

Am getting more cautious the further I get to the date so sorry for the messages/check-ups.

Kind regards

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2020, 09:32:13 AM »
Yes, February 25 is fine.  It's less than 28 days before your 5 years in the UK, and before the expiration date of your current visa.  Be sure you have all of your supporting documents in order and in hand and ready to go when you click submit.  Once you click to submit and pay for the application, it is considered submitted, and your current visa conditions will be continued until a decision is made.  I'm telling you this to reassure you because you might not be able to get in to do biometrics for a number of weeks... this is okay, even if biometrics is completed after March 5th.  Your application will be on time, so you will be fine.

------------------ Vignette Stamp / Dublin / Entering UK --------------------

So in terms of proof of when I entered the UK I have the following and by the way this was advice given by the UKBA officer in heathrow as we wanted to make sure when it came to this day, we weren't going to be refused.

- Boarding cards from the flights
- Booking ticket
- Old passport has Dublin 21st Mar 2015 stamped on it
- Cover letter explaining what I've mentioned above.

Think that covers everything? What's left aside from my soul & sanity ^_^

I assume those boarding cards show continuing travel into the UK, or there is some sort of evidence that you continued from Dublin into the UK on the 21st March 2015?

You still have sanity left?  After 5+ years of dealing with this stuff?  How did you manage that?!  :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:36:46 AM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2020, 11:21:18 AM »
Yes, February 25 is fine.  It's less than 28 days before your 5 years in the UK, and before the expiration date of your current visa.  Be sure you have all of your supporting documents in order and in hand and ready to go when you click submit.  Once you click to submit and pay for the application, it is considered submitted, and your current visa conditions will be continued until a decision is made.  I'm telling you this to reassure you because you might not be able to get in to do biometrics for a number of weeks... this is okay, even if biometrics is completed after March 5th.  Your application will be on time, so you will be fine.

I assume those boarding cards show continuing travel into the UK, or there is some sort of evidence that you continued from Dublin into the UK on the 21st March 2015?

You still have sanity left?  After 5+ years of dealing with this stuff?  How did you manage that?!  :)

Yeah I have both boarding cards Chicago -> Dublin and then Dublin -> London heathrow, also scanned a page from my old passport of the Dublin stamp I received in transit, and also included the booking confirmation I had, also added a cover letter just regarding that particular issue just to inform the officer. It was okay when I applied for the renewal of FLR(M) so I hope it should be okay.

Kind regards

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2020, 02:53:23 PM »
Yeah I have both boarding cards Chicago -> Dublin and then Dublin -> London heathrow, also scanned a page from my old passport of the Dublin stamp I received in transit, and also included the booking confirmation I had, also added a cover letter just regarding that particular issue just to inform the officer. It was okay when I applied for the renewal of FLR(M) so I hope it should be okay.

You should be fine as you have that evidence.

Your FLR experience is not an indicator though as FLR can be applied for at any time in the proceedings. Date of entry is relevant for FLR only in as much as it indicates the window to apply which results in the fewest FLR applications being made before ILR.

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2020, 09:17:51 PM »
Just wanna make sure I'm not mis-reading this:

Under the section of Financial requirements the second question of:

'Is your partner currently sponsoring any additional children?'

I put no, because my daughter is a British Citizen and was born in the UK and has a British passport, can I just some confirmation that my logic is correct? As she's not part of this application just myself.

Kind regards

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »
Just wanna make sure I'm not mis-reading this:

Under the section of Financial requirements the second question of:

'Is your partner currently sponsoring any additional children?'

I put no, because my daughter is a British Citizen and was born in the UK and has a British passport, can I just some confirmation that my logic is correct? As she's not part of this application just myself.

That's correct. You are the only person being sponsored for a visa.

However, you will need to give your daughter's details on the application form and provide the required documents for her (passport, birth certificate, letter confirming her address), even though she is a UK citizen.

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2020, 09:30:13 PM »
Are you sure? because I'm on the declaration section now (not submitted that page yet) and there was no where in the application where I had to mention her name and other such details. Only one question related to my daughter which was 'Do you and your partner have any children?' to which I put yes.

That was it though, nothing else. No other field asked about her details :S

Kind regards

Sponsored Links