Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Self-serve checkout etiquette?  (Read 7548 times)

• Liked: 585
Re: Self-serve checkout etiquette?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 11:11:37 AM »
Need to change the member name from Albatross to Sparrow?

[smiley=laugh4.gif]

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 11:16:34 AM »
Why are you judgemental about someone protecting their health? Can guarantee that most have legitimate reasons for wearing them and don't actually want to stick out like a sore thumb. Would you prefer we are all homebound? I know many people who actually are because they've been so verbally assaulted when wearing masks they can't face the judgment. Acceptance would be nice.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I’m judgemental about all kind of things . The point of my post was to say that no matter what I might privately think,, I still recognise the need for tolerance and to be nice to other people. And to recognise that my internal judgements are not necessarily right.  To be accepting

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2019, 11:39:22 AM »
I silently judge people who put their kids on a leash.  Doesn’t mean it’s not 100% the right thing for them to do.  It’s human nature, I’m afraid.

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2019, 11:41:57 AM »
I silently judge people who put their kids on a leash.  Doesn’t mean it’s not 100% the right thing for them to do.  It’s human nature, I’m afraid.

Me too, even though I did it once.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2019, 11:59:19 AM »
Yeah, totally human nature to we have judgemental thoughts and unconscious bias, but it's how we express ourselves outwardly and what we think and do about it going forward is all we can do.  I have caught myself numerous times in my lifetime on my unconscious bias and even regular bias,  and I am trying always to improve it. 
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/dec/02/unconscious-bias-what-is-it-and-can-it-be-eliminated

I definitely agree a lot more can be done in this area. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
Thousands of people die every year from air pollution here in the UK (28,000 - 36,000). I am thinking of getting one of those mask thingies. Diesel busses make me swoon...

I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2019, 12:17:20 PM »
Thousands of people die every year from air pollution here in the UK (28,000 - 36,000). I am thinking of getting one of those mask thingies. Diesel busses make me swoon...

. And my boy is ill 2 days after flying again.  I am DEFINITELY considering getting one for him (and possibly he whole family) for our next flight.  Fortunately seems to be a run of the mill cough this time and not flu/pneumonia!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2019, 12:18:24 PM »
. And my boy is ill 2 days after flying again.  I am DEFINITELY considering getting one for him (and possibly he whole family) for our next flight.  Fortunately seems to be a run of the mill cough this time and not flu/pneumonia!

Poor wee mite. Any further luck with his testing? 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 957
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2019, 12:24:12 PM »
Vogmask makes really cute designs and for light pollution work well. I use the respro allergy mask with chemical filters. Sometimes when feeling self conscious I'll use the Vogmask with an extra filter inside and hope it's good enough. Mine has a space invaders print on it!

« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2019, 12:54:21 PM »
Poor wee mite. Any further luck with his testing? 

Testing came back okay.  Which is good, but no real answers.  He likely has viral induced asthma (which is good, it’s not environmentally induced).  It’s should get better as he gets older.  We’ve actually had a really good run, so were due an illness!

He still really little though.  Hee hee hee.

• Liked: 387
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2019, 01:25:39 PM »
Wow, I didn't predict such a response!  I blame Sainsbury's and the heat.  It was that very hot day, and no one enjoys stifling heat with little relief.  Plus, the store closing early and having very little in place to help customers actually check out despite wanting us all gone as soon as possible.  I think I was just taken aback by the continued anger after I had explained and specifically said there was no rush with anything.  I do prefer to go to staffed tills when I can.

Now I've lost weight (just over 9 stone so far!  ;D )

Congratulations!  That's amazing!  :D

• Liked: 674
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2019, 07:54:28 PM »

Don't forget the liberal use of hand sanitizer when traveling. All sorts of nasty bugs just lurking on those plane surfaces....

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2019, 07:56:41 PM »
Don't forget the liberal use of hand sanitizer when traveling. All sorts of nasty bugs just lurking on those plane surfaces....
I bring sanitising wipes that are fragrance free, pre board and wipe everything down! And my own soap etc. Most hand sanitisers have fragrance and make me really sick if people use them next to me. :(

• Liked: 674
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2019, 07:59:25 PM »
Vogmask makes really cute designs and for light pollution work well. I use the respro allergy mask with chemical filters. Sometimes when feeling self conscious I'll use the Vogmask with an extra filter inside and hope it's good enough. Mine has a space invaders print on it!

Very cool! Where do you get those, Margo? There are days when I really need something like that. And in the winter, I need something over my mouth and nose so that I'm not breathing in the cold air directly (or my lungs do really unpleasant things to me). People stare at me oddly when I have my scarf wrapped around my face so that I can breathe through it. Maybe something that looks more "medical" would be less off-putting. (And if they don't like that choice, they can kiss my lily-white keister. My being able to breathe is waaaaay more important than their opinion of my face-wear!)

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2019, 10:12:28 PM »
Amazon for vogmask in the UK, respro from their website direct. There's also Cambridge masks but they didn't fit me well. Unfortunately these fog up my glasses when worn in the cold, so for that I do still use a scarf or similar.

Sponsored Links