Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying Now, My Application Questions Thread  (Read 3170 times)

• Liked: 19
Re: Applying Now, My Application Questions Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
I can’t offer feedback on the rest of your letter but 28 September to 28 August only covers 11 months, even though there are 12 payslips. I believe you would need to cover 28 August to 28 August.

Would you be able to include the payslip from August 2018 & is it dated on or before the 28th?

We wondered about that. It was confusing us. The provided payslips cover her pay from 1 Sept. 2018 until 31 Aug. 2019, and they are printed on either the 26th or 28th of each month. We can include the Aug. 2018 one as well, which would then mean the payslips cover her pay from 1 Aug. 2018 to 31 Aug. 2019. However, as you said, that's actually 13 months of pay, which throws off the calculations by a month. But if that's what they need, we'll provide it.

Can anyone else provide clarity on this? We've provided 12 months of payslips as required in FM 1.7 Financial Requirement. Is a 13th necessary, or will it just confuse matters?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 11:43:58 AM by DetUK »

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 09:51:16 PM »
They count from the earliest date actually depicted on the first paycheck to the date showing on the last paycheck.  This must span 6 (or 12) FULL months, not a day less.  Many of us provide an extra payslip to make sure there is enough time covered.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2019, 11:52:20 AM »
Thank you. We will include the 13th payslip from August 2018.

Any thoughts on the letter itself from anyone? Should we include the list of payslip amounts and mention the totals, or leave that for a cover letter?

Thanks!

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »
Thank you. We will include the 13th payslip from August 2018.

Any thoughts on the letter itself from anyone? Should we include the list of payslip amounts and mention the totals, or leave that for a cover letter?

Thanks!

The employer letter doesn't need to list the values on the payslips, but if the payslips are not printed on business letterhead/paper (i.e., if you/your partner printed them at home), they'll need to be authenticated by your employer, which can be done in their letter.   If you do have the payslips listed in the letter, be sure the dates and values are all accurate before you submit your application.  Read over the letter very carefully for mistakes/typos.

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 01:04:00 PM »
Thanks. The payslips were sent through email and printed at home. The letter states they are authentic and he's going to stamp them with the company stamp for good measure. I've quadruple checked the payslip values in the letter and will do it one more time before having her boss sign it.

Off to Halifax Bank now to get the three bank statements we couldn't find at home. Hope they don't give us a hassle.

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »
Here is my draft of our Accommodation Letter. I had a very hard time writing this. Thoughts?? Thanks!

To whom it may concern,

I, Rose XXXX, am the mother of XXX XXX (Sponsor) and mother-in-law of XXXX XXX(Applicant). I am also the wife of and Power of Attorney for Michael XXXX (XXXX’s father), who is the legal owner of XXXX, XXXX West Sussex XXXXX.

Sadly, Mr. XXX suffered a stroke in 2004 and was placed in the care of a nursing home. At that time, he named me his Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA) should he ever become unable to handle his financial and property affairs. That time came, and the EPA was registered with the Office of the Public Guardian.

Attached are:

1) the Land Registry title showing that Mr. XXXX is the registered owner of the property; and

2) the registered EPA document naming me as Mr. XXXX’s Power of Attorney.

As Mr. XXXX’s Power of Attorney, I give permission for Ms. XXXX (Applicant) to live in the house. The residence, which is my marital home, is currently occupied by me and my daughter, XXX XXX (Sponsor). It is a semi-detached house with three bedrooms, one living room, one dining room, one bathroom, one kitchen, one garage, and a large back garden. There is plenty of living space for three adults, and we have had no issues with space when Ms. XXX has come to stay with us in the past. Therefore, Ms. XXX and my daughter are free to live here for as long as they wish.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

Rose XXX, Power of Attorney for Michael XXXX

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2019, 08:24:59 PM »
I'm filling out the online application, and I have two questions.

1) The section about criminal history and traffic violations, etc. I don't have a criminal history, but I have had around 4 speeding tickets in my life. I am supposed to list those? I have no idea the exact dates the tickets were issued anymore, as they were years ago (like one in the 80s, one in the 90s, one around 2011 and one around 2013).

2) It asks if you have ever been employed by a media organization. Over the years, I have worked as an entertainment journalist from time to time, but I've always been self-employed. Does this count? I've never worked for an organization.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2019, 08:36:28 PM »
I'm filling out the online application, and I have two questions.

1) The section about criminal history and traffic violations, etc. I don't have a criminal history, but I have had around 4 speeding tickets in my life. I am supposed to list those? I have no idea the exact dates the tickets were issued anymore, as they were years ago (like one in the 80s, one in the 90s, one around 2011 and one around 2013).

2) It asks if you have ever been employed by a media organization. Over the years, I have worked as an entertainment journalist from time to time, but I've always been self-employed. Does this count? I've never worked for an organization.

Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

1-Does it give you any instructions or guidance? The application used to specify that fixed penalty notices such as speeding and parking tickets did not need to be included but this may well have changed. If you can't find anything definitive within the application, I would mention them anyway, to be on the safe side.

2-I would explain as you have here. Then you are covered either way.

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2019, 03:26:55 AM »
The guidance still says that fixed notice speeding tickets don't count unless you have three or more. I honestly am not sure how many I've actually had. I've been racking my brain for hours, and I can think of four speeding tickets and one driving without a license in possession (I had a license, I just left it at home) that was waived once I brought the license to the clerk's office as proof when I was around 19. But I could be off by a ticket or two in either direction.

I have no records of these offenses, as the latest one was at least 7 years ago, and the oldest one was about 30 years ago. I'm happy to declare all of them, but I have no paperwork and I don't even think they exist on my driving record anymore. All of these offenses were listed under my Michigan driving record, where I haven't lived for 6 years. They don't let you access your driving record online anyway. You have to ask for it to be mailed to you, and it takes at least two weeks. By the time it arrives, our bank records will be past 28 days old.

I never even considered this. Can I just declare them from memory? Or is that a disaster waiting to happen? I could drive two hours back to Michigan to get a copy of my record. OMG, what a pain.

EDITED to add:

And I had a civil judgement recorded against me sometime in the mid-2000s. It was for a small credit card debt, and I paid it off in full. I have no records for this either. I searched the records for the court I think it was in tonight, and I could find no trace of it. Again, I'm happy to disclose, but I am clueless about how to comply. They want dates, and I genuinely have no idea. This application is going to be the death of me.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 05:05:19 AM by DetUK »

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2019, 05:32:21 AM »
The guidance still says that fixed notice speeding tickets don't count unless you have three or more. I honestly am not sure how many I've actually had. I've been racking my brain for hours, and I can think of four speeding tickets and one driving without a license in possession (I had a license, I just left it at home) that was waived once I brought the license to the clerk's office as proof when I was around 19. But I could be off by a ticket or two in either direction.

I have no records of these offenses, as the latest one was at least 7 years ago, and the oldest one was about 30 years ago. I'm happy to declare all of them, but I have no paperwork and I don't even think they exist on my driving record anymore. All of these offenses were listed under my Michigan driving record, where I haven't lived for 6 years. They don't let you access your driving record online anyway. You have to ask for it to be mailed to you, and it takes at least two weeks. By the time it arrives, our bank records will be past 28 days old.

I never even considered this. Can I just declare them from memory? Or is that a disaster waiting to happen? I could drive two hours back to Michigan to get a copy of my record. OMG, what a pain.

EDITED to add:

And I had a civil judgement recorded against me sometime in the mid-2000s. It was for a small credit card debt, and I paid it off in full. I have no records for this either. I searched the records for the court I think it was in tonight, and I could find no trace of it. Again, I'm happy to disclose, but I am clueless about how to comply. They want dates, and I genuinely have no idea. This application is going to be the death of me.

It might be that the best you can do is explain exactly as you have done here.
The online application is requiring dates to be entered to let you proceed? Can you try with something like 11/11/1111 to see if this will get you past that point.

If there is not enough space to write all that you want to in that part of the application or in the any other information section (assuming that still exists) then write a separate physical letter and refer to that in the application.

If you think this is fun, wait until the citizenship application when you need to declare your parking tickets!   

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2019, 05:50:46 AM »
It might be that the best you can do is explain exactly as you have done here.
The online application is requiring dates to be entered to let you proceed? Can you try with something like 11/11/1111 to see if this will get you past that point.

If there is not enough space to write all that you want to in that part of the application or in the any other information section (assuming that still exists) then write a separate physical letter and refer to that in the application.

If you think this is fun, wait until the citizenship application when you need to declare your parking tickets!

Parking tickets? Like...from the U.S.? How in the world would I track that? *cries in advance*

As for my current spouse visa, should I drive to Michigan to get a copy of my driving record, or just say, hey, this is what I recall? I don't want to and can't afford to waste a day driving to Michigan and back for my driving record (the only way I'll get it in time to file my application as scheduled), but I will if there's a chance they could call me dishonest for forgetting a ticket from 1989 or something. This is a nightmare.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. :)

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2019, 06:10:15 AM »
Parking tickets? Like...from the U.S.? How in the world would I track that? *cries in advance*

As for my current spouse visa, should I drive to Michigan to get a copy of my driving record, or just say, hey, this is what I recall? I don't want to and can't afford to waste a day driving to Michigan and back for my driving record (the only way I'll get it in time to file my application as scheduled), but I will if there's a chance they could call me dishonest for forgetting a ticket from 1989 or something. This is a nightmare.

Thanks for all your help. I really appreciate it. :)

For the citizenship application, yes, a lifetime of US parking tickets!  We thought very hard for a long time and wrote a really carefully worded letter with our best estimates of roughly when the tickets occurred but made it clear that this was from memory and could be out by we didn't know how much!

I think worst case scenario if you didn't include your driving record would be that they would look into it themselves and this would delay the processing of your application. Having said that, I think it's extremely unlikely that they would bother and far more likely that they will read your estimates and move on with the application.
Honesty is key to dealing with UKVI so as long as you explain truthfully as you have here, you should be just fine.

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2019, 05:06:34 PM »
I haven't gotten many parking tickets. I know I got one in Montreal in 2015. Other than that, I'm drawing a total blank, though I know there might be a couple more.

I talked to someone at the Michigan Department of State office and found out I could fax the application (fax??? It's 2019, people, make it an online form!!) for my driving record and I could probably get it by next week. She said it only goes back 10 years because they purge non-criminal offenses after that period of time. So, I'll get that, and I already got an online copy of my current Georgia license showing a clean record for two years. Then I guess I list what I remember that pre-dates those. Best I can do. As for the civil judgement, I'll list the details I remember (almost none). Again, best I can do. I've searched everywhere I can.

So, I'm about to prepare my final documents list to make sure I have or have ordered everything I need. I hope to file the online application this weekend before my wife flies back to the U.K. It will make the airport goodbye slightly less painful to know that we've finally applied and the ball is in motion.

Thanks!

« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2019, 06:19:22 PM »
I haven't gotten many parking tickets. I know I got one in Montreal in 2015. Other than that, I'm drawing a total blank, though I know there might be a couple more.

I talked to someone at the Michigan Department of State office and found out I could fax the application (fax??? It's 2019, people, make it an online form!!) for my driving record and I could probably get it by next week. She said it only goes back 10 years because they purge non-criminal offenses after that period of time. So, I'll get that, and I already got an online copy of my current Georgia license showing a clean record for two years. Then I guess I list what I remember that pre-dates those. Best I can do. As for the civil judgement, I'll list the details I remember (almost none). Again, best I can do. I've searched everywhere I can.

So, I'm about to prepare my final documents list to make sure I have or have ordered everything I need. I hope to file the online application this weekend before my wife flies back to the U.K. It will make the airport goodbye slightly less painful to know that we've finally applied and the ball is in motion.

Thanks!

I had an email conversation with someone at the Arkansas motor vehicle records department when I needed to chase up my driving record.  They also purge after 10 years for non-serious offenses, so I had her send me what they do have on record, and I printed the email exchange and explained that I was aware of prior minor offenses in roughly 199x, 200x, etc., but they've fallen off my record and I don't remember the details.  I disclosed as much as I knew and also provided evidence from the state.

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2019, 06:43:02 PM »
I had an email conversation with someone at the Arkansas motor vehicle records department when I needed to chase up my driving record.  They also purge after 10 years for non-serious offenses, so I had her send me what they do have on record, and I printed the email exchange and explained that I was aware of prior minor offenses in roughly 199x, 200x, etc., but they've fallen off my record and I don't remember the details.  I disclosed as much as I knew and also provided evidence from the state.

Thanks for the info. It reassures me that I'm doing what I can. This is all so nerve-wracking.

I'm now filing out Appendix 2, and I'm unsure how to handle my wife's Category B employment. She has been with the same employer since 2017, but has received three pay changes since she began.

Under Section 3.12, it asks:

"Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)"  NO (we are filing under Category B)

3.13  "Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK in the 12 months prior to the date of application? (Category B)" Yes.

Then it asks what her previous job titles and employers and dates of employment were. Is it standard to list her pay raises/changes as separate employment even though it's the same company?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab