Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Kingdom of Sweets is a giant rip off  (Read 4345 times)

• Liked: 24
Re: Kingdom of Sweets is a giant rip off
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »

It was seriously so annoying because you figure it is marked up some but not that much. Funny enough though I’m starting to want less and less American food. Guess it’s a sign I’ve integrated here
The same thing is happening to me. The only thing I crave still are the American doritos. Also, have you guys tried the hazelnut M&Ms? My parents came to visit from Florida and brought me some... Omg... They're amazing.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 07:54:43 AM »
The same thing is happening to me. The only thing I crave still are the American doritos. Also, have you guys tried the hazelnut M&Ms? My parents came to visit from Florida and brought me some... Omg... They're amazing.

Never had those, but I had some recently that were caramel or toffee and they were pretty good.

The M&M store is another rip off.  They don’t sell anything that’s less than £10 or so.  Mostly plastic boxes full of M&Ms for £15.  I went there thinking we would check it out and buy some, but actually walked out empty handed.  Then went to the nearest off licence and bought some for £3 and the kids were happy.

RIP off Britain is real.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 09:44:18 AM »
I don't find myself craving too much from America that I can't make myself (eggrolls, corndogs, etc.).  I think it's really just Mountain Dew, now... I'm so happy for about a day when someone brings some Mountain Dew back for me.  :)

Having said that, every once in a while, I have a dream that I have gone back to the US for a visit, only I'm at the very end of my visit and somehow haven't done any of the things that I would want to do on a trip, and I'm feeling all impatient and anxious and sad because I have to leave, and I haven't even been to Taco Bell yet.  But then I wake up, and I'm so fine I don't even try to convince my husband we should travel to a UK Taco Bell.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 24
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 05:18:19 PM »
I don't find myself craving too much from America that I can't make myself (eggrolls, corndogs, etc.).  I think it's really just Mountain Dew, now... I'm so happy for about a day when someone brings some Mountain Dew back for me.  :)

Having said that, every once in a while, I have a dream that I have gone back to the US for a visit, only I'm at the very end of my visit and somehow haven't done any of the things that I would want to do on a trip, and I'm feeling all impatient and anxious and sad because I have to leave, and I haven't even been to Taco Bell yet.  But then I wake up, and I'm so fine I don't even try to convince my husband we should travel to a UK Taco Bell.
I'm a taco bell lover as well. Taco bell over here feels fresher however the taste is different. Guess I can't get over all the American preservatives

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2019, 05:51:58 PM »
I'm a taco bell lover as well. Taco bell over here feels fresher however the taste is different. Guess I can't get over all the American preservatives

This is why I haven't tried to get my husband on board with traveling to one.  I am fairly certain it won't be quite right, and I can't have that level of food disappointment in my life.  I'd rather go without.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Sponsored Links