Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for Transfer of Residency  (Read 1953 times)

• Liked: 3
Applying for Transfer of Residency
« on: September 04, 2019, 02:02:22 AM »
Hi all, need some advice again. My and my fiance have submitted our Visa Application, so waiting for that. We have found a shipping company to move a pallet of goods to me in the UK, but we need to apply for a ToR.

The application form asks for a copy of the photo page of the passport, but her passport has gone off to the visa application place so she can't do this. Can we still apply for a ToR without the copy of the Photo page of the passport or do we have to wait?

Thanks in advance for help.

Anthony
Fiance Visa Online Application: 14th August 19
Type: Priority
Bio-metric Appointment: 21 August 19
Documents Received in NY: 23 August 19
Confirmation From Sheffield: 10 September
Decision Made Email: 22 October
Visa in Hand and Approved: 23 October

• Liked: 5
Re: Applying for Transfer of Residency
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 07:09:37 AM »
I am assuming you don't have a copy of her photo page anywhere? 

HMRC told us that if they needed anything additional to the TOR application they would contact us.  Personally, if you are short on time, I would go ahead and submit the application, get in the queue and assume they will contact you for it when they start to process your application.  If you are long on time, you may just want to wait.

FYI, when we called last week, TORs were being processed at 17 days (calendar, not business).  We called on the 26th and they were processing apps received on the 9th.  If her passport won't be available in 17 days though, when HMRC presumably contacts you, you may be stuck and need to wait to submit regardless.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 06:44:22 PM »
with TOR, do you know if you can put a temporary address like Airbnb ( because we havent found a place to rent yet) ?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
with TOR, do you know if you can put a temporary address like Airbnb ( because we havent found a place to rent yet) ?
Yeah that should be fine. The shippers will need your final address where they deliver your stuff, but if you have an Airbnb you plan to stay at when you first move that's understandable!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 674
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 07:36:48 PM »
Yep. I  put down the hotel where we were booked. Only had to change it once we had a place for delivery to be made. TOR people didn't care, only the movers!  ;D

Sponsored Links