Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Which moving company did you use?  (Read 4364 times)

• Liked: 37
Re: Which moving company did you use?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 07:18:21 AM »
Many thanks for making this thread as I had the exact same question and came seeking answers! My partner is moving over and has the same boxes of books and some hobby supplies, totalling about 195lbs! I'm getting quoted around $2k for the slow boat options from some companies. To me that sounds crazy expensive, but I know nothing about shipping. Does that sound about right or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again for all the info - and sorry if I'm hijacking the thread!! :)

If your getting quoted 2k for 195 pounds that’s nuts.  When I contacted rainier I was quoted $3400 for 20-25 fifty pound boxes....and that’s going from Hawaii to Scotland.......if all he has is 195 pounds...would be cheaper to just mail them....would probably be around $250 for every 60 pound box.....I can’t see that many shipping companies even bothering with 195 lbs....is that weight a typo ????

Don’t worry about hijacking thread.....I’ve done it a few times to others.   ;D [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 07:34:39 AM »
Don’t worry about hijacking thread.....I’ve done it a few times to others.   ;D [smiley=laugh4.gif] [smiley=laugh4.gif]

I just think of that as adding to the conversation!  :)

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2019, 08:48:56 PM »
Well, the moving lady came on Monday to assess my stuff.....and after doing some research And wondering what 200Cf was ...she confirmed that it is a container that is 7 feet high, 7 feet long and 4 feet wide.  So, for anyone wondering, that’s what it is.  Also, whether it goes out half full or filled to the brim......it will still cost the same to ship it slow boat option with Rainier moving.....and weight doesn’t seem to be a factor with my estimate...if it fits, it ships.   So it seems I don’t have to be quite so ruthless with getting rid of my stuff now and can bring some things like a couple of chests and plastic storage drawers I was going to get rid of because they were bulky but now it seems I’ll have room for them.

http://aliyahlift.com/mini/

Above it a link that will visually show 200Cf and tell you in layman’s terms what it holds

Hope this info is useful to someone.....

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 08:07:50 AM »
Yeah, it all fit...I was even looking for some small things to add but couldn’t find anything else to put in.   ;D So, 200Cf held about 25 medium boxes,  12 small boxes, 1 extra large box, 1 large box, 8 medium sized plastic drawers, 2 -9 hole cubby shelves I took apart and flat packed, step ladder and 2 large chests

I’d add a picture but I don’t know how to do that  ::)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab