Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Application - Help needed please!  (Read 592 times)

• Liked: 7
ILR Application - Help needed please!
« on: September 14, 2019, 02:13:24 PM »
Hiya,

I am just getting started with my application and I dont quite understand the necessity of these questions... I am happy to provide the details of friends I had back home, but does it also need details of my friends in the UK?
And what about the social networks/connections? It makes no sense to me, so I have no idea how to answer it!

Please help!! xx

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

• Liked: 957
Re: ILR Application - Help needed please!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 02:24:54 PM »
These are for the human rights considerations of a denied application, checking if you have any connections to your country of citizenship or a place where you might have a claim to citizenship based on residency.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 02:26:50 PM »
So would a yes or no answer to any of those have any impact on my application if I meet all the other requirements? I'm just afraid of answering it wrong and it looking bad on my application

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 02:41:24 PM »
You would want to answer honestly because this is a government form. I hope Ben or another who have done ILR recently will pop in with how they answered these. :)

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 02:52:01 PM »
Oh! Of course I would be sure to answer honestly, I'm just mostly unsure how to answer them in the first place lol

I have a question about the supporting dox needed for proof of address, if you might be able to help....
I've got our council tax bills for the past 3 years, as well as 3 letters from Anglian Water over the past 2.5 years (one of which is an actual bill, the other two are regarding my direct debit with them), and then I've got loads of bills and that from EDF, and have just requested my most recent one. All of these are in both mine and my husbands names - will these be sufficient enough?

These are the actual dates of the dox I have in chronological order:
March 2017 Council Tax Bill
April 2017 EDF Letter
January 2018 EDF Letter
March 2018 Anglian Water letter
March 2018 Council Tax Bill
May 2018 EDF Bill
November 2018 EDF Letter
February 2019 Anglian Water Bill
March 2019 Council Tax Bill
September 2019 EDF Bill

I know this is more than the 6 required, but it's the most evenly I can get then spread over the past 2.5 years... I tried to find something from  August 2017 but couldn't see anything that had both our names on it...

« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 03:23:34 PM by HandyTexan2014 »

• Liked: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 02:04:23 PM »
My ILR was approved last March.
I put "yes" for friends.  I listed 5 random friends that I am probably in contact the most. 
I put "no' for social groups and wrote "I am no longer a part of any social organization as I live out of the country and do not visit frequently."
13 Aug 13 Fiancé visa application submitted online
  2 Oct 13 Visa received via UPS
29 Oct 13 Arrived in the UK!
20 Jan 14 Ring-a-Ding Ding!
18 Feb 14 FLR(M) submitted via post
26 Feb 14 Biometrics submitted at Post Office
  7 Apr 14 Biometrics Residence Permit approval notification letter & card arrive (separately) via signed post
16 Sept 16 2nd FLR(M) Approved in-person in Sheffield
21 Aug 18  Passed LIUK
5 Mar 19 Applied IRL; 18 Mar 19 priority appt in NCL; 19 Mar 19 ILR granted; 21 Mar 19 DX delivery of BRP

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 02:07:37 PM »
That makes sense! Because it's the same case for me. But were the friends you listed from the UK or from your native country?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 02:25:02 PM »
That makes sense! Because it's the same case for me. But were the friends you listed from the UK or from your native country?

They mean your US friends, they are asking about ties to the US.

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »
They mean your US friends, they are asking about ties to the US.
Thank you! That makes so much more sense I'm sure it was obvious, but I'm just over thinking everything!

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »
Oh! Of course I would be sure to answer honestly, I'm just mostly unsure how to answer them in the first place lol

I have a question about the supporting dox needed for proof of address, if you might be able to help....
I've got our council tax bills for the past 3 years, as well as 3 letters from Anglian Water over the past 2.5 years (one of which is an actual bill, the other two are regarding my direct debit with them), and then I've got loads of bills and that from EDF, and have just requested my most recent one. All of these are in both mine and my husbands names - will these be sufficient enough?

These are the actual dates of the dox I have in chronological order:
March 2017 Council Tax Bill
April 2017 EDF Letter
January 2018 EDF Letter
March 2018 Anglian Water letter
March 2018 Council Tax Bill
May 2018 EDF Bill
November 2018 EDF Letter
February 2019 Anglian Water Bill
March 2019 Council Tax Bill
September 2019 EDF Bill

I know this is more than the 6 required, but it's the most evenly I can get then spread over the past 2.5 years... I tried to find something from  August 2017 but couldn't see anything that had both our names on it...

You can use 2 separate pieces of mail in a month to cover the requirement. My husband and I were only able to get my name on the council tax together, so the rest of ours will be in our individual names at the same address each month.

Ie - April 2017 - Council tax (joint)
      August 2017 - Bank statement (his), NHS Letter (mine)
     December 2017 - utility bill (his), bank statement (mine)
And so on to cover all the months evenly spaced. Each person needs the 3 sources if you're doing it with individual mail.

Glad another person had an example for the first question you asked. :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 06:43:05 PM »
Yeah so its asking about US connections. I listed the people closest to me and made sure to leave enough characters to write something along the lines of "due to the limited character count, I was only able to provide a few names). For family, I wrote something along the lines of "all of my family is from the US with most living in xyz state. Due to character count I've only listed my immediate family" and proceeded to list those in my immediate family only. For my sisters I wrote "fistname lastname, husband, and 2 children.." with the other details to just get them all lumped in together. I think I may have also added I was happy to provided further info upon request.

Re the activities/community involvement, that's more just to see if you're part of any groups which may go against the values the UK claims to uphold (like an extremist group). I put "no" to am I involved in any communjties/etc. back in the US and commented that I dont live there anymore and I'm not religious so it's hard to have any involvement in communities there (or something to that effect).

Hope that helps?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 107
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2019, 08:54:16 AM »
It's been mentioned but yes it's to make ensure you have connections should your application be rejected. Answer it completely honestly, it has no impact on your application. We listed my wife's father, mother, sister, brother, niece, grandma and two close cousins. We literally listed it as given in the example.

Friends was the same format but we listed maybe five of her closest friends.

In your image my wife stated 'yes' and listed Penn State Alumni.

There is also a question which asks something along the lines of 'is there any other country you could live in should your application be denied'. Ensure you answer 'Yes' as you can live in America. It's for the same reason as explained below. It's instinctive to say 'No' but this is exclusively for asylum reasons. You have a chance why you would not like to live in another country later on in the application. We wrote this

While my husband & I could return to the United States this would cause severe hardship to our lives. My husband & I have a strong relationship with our daughter who is currently attending nursery and relies on us both to raise her. If I was to leave the United Kingdom we would be separated and my husband would be forced to quit work to raise our daughter as we rely on both our wages to fund her nursery. In addition, we share financial responsibilities for our house and bills and being separated would cause my husband and daughter to seek unknown accommodation elsewhere.

Furthermore, there is no guarantee my husband could get a visa in the US and would be a lengthy expensive process. As mentioned above, if separated my husband would have to quit work leaving him with no opportunity to raise money for an American visa
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

Sponsored Links