Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Can I apply for another UK visa 1 year in advance?  (Read 3398 times)

• Liked: 0
Can I apply for another UK visa 1 year in advance?
« on: September 16, 2019, 03:59:19 PM »
Hello Everyone,

First of, i want to sincerely thank you all for your help and for taking the time to read this post. I recently got my multiple entry UK visa, we traveled to the UK and now we are back in the United States. My UK visa  will expire in December. If you are wondering why i need a visa, thats because i am not a US citizen, i am a greencard holder in the US.  My wife and I would like to travel back to the UK but we are thinking of doing so maybe in November of next year. In order to avoid the stress of waiting to get my passport back close to my departure date (i got my visa 4 days before my trip and it was nerve racking!) I was wonder if there was a way to apply way in advance for another UK visa? Or can i extend this current one?
Please let me what your thoughts are.

Thank you in advance

• Liked: 3595
Re: Can I apply for another UK visa 1 year in advance?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2019, 04:03:34 PM »
Hey there.

There's no way to extend your current visa, I'm afraid, and also it is not possible to apply for another one so far in advance.

You can only apply for a visitor visa up to 3 months before you wish to travel, so if you will be travelling back to the UK again in November next year, you will need to wait until August 2020 before you can apply for a new visa.

From the visitor visa webpages:

How long it will take
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel.

Example
You can apply from 16 March if you plan to travel on 15 June.

You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

Sponsored Links