Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: "System Error" at Croydon for Biometrics  (Read 1286 times)

• Liked: 24
"System Error" at Croydon for Biometrics
« on: September 17, 2019, 01:19:26 PM »
I just received an email from UKVCAS stating that I would be unable to be seen today for my biometrics appointment due to a "system error."  Luckily I received it right before I was about to leave, so that's good.  Just wanted to give others that have biometrics appointments at Croydon soon a heads up to check their email before setting off just in case something similar happens again!
Fiancee application approved: 10 Jun 2019
Arrived in UK:  2 Jul 2019
FLR#1 application submitted:  11 Sep 2019
Biometrics:  17 Sep 2019

• Liked: 1327
Re: "System Error" at Croydon for Biometrics
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »
I just received an email from UKVCAS stating that I would be unable to be seen today for my biometrics appointment due to a "system error."  Luckily I received it right before I was about to leave, so that's good.  Just wanted to give others that have biometrics appointments at Croydon soon a heads up to check their email before setting off just in case something similar happens again!

That's kind of you, and soooo annoying for you!  Hopefully, they get you re-booked in very soon so you can get your application moving.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 02:17:01 PM »
That's kind of you, and soooo annoying for you!  Hopefully, they get you re-booked in very soon so you can get your application moving.
Thanks!  Looks like I can book another appointment for Friday (at 1.5 times the cost of the appointment that I had today  ::)).  And apparently it is some kind of nationwide issue, so it looks like it might be affecting quite a few people.  It's funny because I was caught up in the biometrics service issues in the US earlier this year, and now there's this.  I think the universe is against me having my biometrics done!  ;D

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2019, 02:19:50 PM »
Thanks!  Looks like I can book another appointment for Friday (at 1.5 times the cost of the appointment that I had today  ::)).  And apparently it is some kind of nationwide issue, so it looks like it might be affecting quite a few people.  It's funny because I was caught up in the biometrics service issues in the US earlier this year, and now there's this.  I think the universe is against me having my biometrics done!  ;D

Are they really going to make you pay the additional cost for the higher-priced Friday appointment?!  After canceling on you last minute?  I think this contractor is completely unconscionable.  I would definitely write a strongly worded letter and CC the media over that.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2019, 02:45:00 PM »
Looks like I can book another appointment for Friday (at 1.5 times the cost of the appointment that I had today  ::)).

#whaaaaaaat that's ridiculous! I wonder if there's anyone you can get in touch with to get a voucher or something for it? You shouldn't have to pay twice (and then some!) for their own fault :(
2008-2013 Tier 4 (General)
2014-2016 Tier 2 (General)
2017-2019 Spouse
2019-2021 FLR (M)
As of May 2021 SET(LR)
Next step... citizenship! I've just been a bit lazy...

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 02:49:22 PM »
Are they really going to make you pay the additional cost for the higher-priced Friday appointment?!  After canceling on you last minute?  I think this contractor is completely unconscionable.  I would definitely write a strongly worded letter and CC the media over that.
Indeed.  While the guy on the phone "appreciated" my predicament and the points that I made, he said that the only option is to re-book an appointment and pay whatever amount is listed online.  I can only assume that this also means the people who had a free appointment today will either have to wait 2.5 weeks for the next free appointment or come up with the money to pay for it out of pocket.  It's shameful.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2019, 02:52:55 PM »
#whaaaaaaat that's ridiculous! I wonder if there's anyone you can get in touch with to get a voucher or something for it? You shouldn't have to pay twice (and then some!) for their own fault :(
Well, apparently they are going to refund the £50 that I paid for today's appointment, so I would just be "out" the extra £25 that Friday's appointment cost.  Plus the 10 quid fee I was charged to refund my train ticket.  Plus the extra aggravation involved with it all.  Am going to see about filing a complaint, but I imagine it won't do much good.  Who knows though, perhaps it will!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »
Indeed.  While the guy on the phone "appreciated" my predicament and the points that I made, he said that the only option is to re-book an appointment and pay whatever amount is listed online.  I can only assume that this also means the people who had a free appointment today will either have to wait 2.5 weeks for the next free appointment or come up with the money to pay for it out of pocket.  It's shameful.

Sorry this has happened, what a nightmare.

I'm not surprised at you having to pay again to begin with but there should definitely be a system in place for refunding the second payment.  I don't know if there actually is or not, but  keep the email and any other evidence you have of the first appointment and the cancellation and push as hard as you need to, to get your money back. Get your credit card company involved if you have to.

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 06:41:11 PM »
Sorry this has happened, what a nightmare.

I'm not surprised at you having to pay again to begin with but there should definitely be a system in place for refunding the second payment.  I don't know if there actually is or not, but  keep the email and any other evidence you have of the first appointment and the cancellation and push as hard as you need to, to get your money back. Get your credit card company involved if you have to.
I'm going to try to get the additional amount refunded, primarily just for the principle of it.  I have submitted an enquiry asking if this could be done.  I am assuming they will say no, so I will escalate it further after that.  It's just really unacceptable that they aren't trying to be more accommodating considering it is entirely their fault.  Fingers crossed I (and others) get at least a portion of it back!  :)

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2019, 06:50:39 PM »
I'm going to try to get the additional amount refunded, primarily just for the principle of it.  I have submitted an enquiry asking if this could be done.  I am assuming they will say no, so I will escalate it further after that.  It's just really unacceptable that they aren't trying to be more accommodating considering it is entirely their fault.  Fingers crossed I (and others) get at least a portion of it back!  :)

Good for you!  :)

When our ILR in-person appointment was cancelled due to weather, the UKVI service centre people bent over backwards to accommodate us even though it wasn't their fault!   

Good luck!  :)

• Liked: 14
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 08:02:37 PM »
Hi,

I’m scheduled for Thursday at Croydon. Is your rescheduled appointment for Friday at Croydon? I’m wondering if  Croydon is back up and running.

Thank you for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 10
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 10:55:08 PM »
We sat in the London premium centre for 3.5 hours after our 11am appointment today. We were told the exact same thing, that a nationwide system outage meant they could not process anything. We were told we could wait it out, as we did for a few hours. But they said they were going to start notifying people with afternoon appointments to reschedule, we immediately just went online to rebook for this coming Monday.

Very frustrating!!
Priority Fiancé Visa Online App Submitted: 8 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 13 March 2019
Visa Received: 15 April 2019 (in-person pickup at VFS)
Total: 21 Business Days

FLR(M) approved: 24 September 2019
FLR(M) extended: 24 March 2022

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 10:22:47 AM »
Good for you!  :)

When our ILR in-person appointment was cancelled due to weather, the UKVI service centre people bent over backwards to accommodate us even though it wasn't their fault!   

Good luck!  :)
Thanks!  I was definitely expecting them to be a little more flexible in this situation, but I guess these private contractors are only concerned with profits and not actually providing a good service.  :-X

Hi,

I’m scheduled for Thursday at Croydon. Is your rescheduled appointment for Friday at Croydon? I’m wondering if  Croydon is back up and running.

Thank you for the info!
We ended up going with a Monday afternoon appointment since it was slightly better for my schedule and we didn't figure waiting one more business day would have much of an effect on things.  The man I spoke to on the phone said that they would be sending out more emails to anyone else whose appointment was affected, but I'm not sure how far in advance they do that.  He said that you can call to check if things are up and running or not.  The number I called was 0330 123 1199, and I *think* it is free to call.

We sat in the London premium centre for 3.5 hours after our 11am appointment today. We were told the exact same thing, that a nationwide system outage meant they could not process anything. We were told we could wait it out, as we did for a few hours. But they said they were going to start notifying people with afternoon appointments to reschedule, we immediately just went online to rebook for this coming Monday.

Very frustrating!!
Oh man, that sounds terrible.  I am rebooked for Monday as well.  Hope it's all fixed by then!  Did you have to pay more for the Monday appointment?  Or I guess maybe with the premium centers they are all the same price?

• Liked: 10
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 10:30:37 AM »
...  He said that you can call to check if things are up and running or not.  The number I called was 0330 123 1199, and I *think* it is free to call...

...  Did you have to pay more for the Monday appointment?  Or I guess maybe with the premium centers they are all the same price?

I can also confirm that is the same phone number we were given yesterday. I also assume that is a free to call.

We hastily rebooked and paid (same price) for the Monday booking. As soon as they mentioned they were telling customers via email to rebook, we wanted to ensure we got a slot ASAP. The person on the phone at that number listed above said we can arrange a refund. I will let you know how that goes.
Priority Fiancé Visa Online App Submitted: 8 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 13 March 2019
Visa Received: 15 April 2019 (in-person pickup at VFS)
Total: 21 Business Days

FLR(M) approved: 24 September 2019
FLR(M) extended: 24 March 2022

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 12:09:18 PM »
Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/advice/what-are-03-numbers

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab