Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: FLR(M): Proof of Finances/ Accommodation questions: Two bank accounts?  (Read 388 times)

• Liked: 5
Hi team,

My husband and I have a joint bank account, used to pay for our monthly flat that we're renting. I'm relying on my own finances for my FLR(m).

- My company pays into my own personal account
- I transfer the amount of money for our monthly rent into our joint account
- Payments are taken each month by our landlord from our joint account

Do I need to include both bank statements? Or just my primary bank statements indicating my pay going in each month (which I only plan on submitting) and include a letter of how I use a separate bank account to pay for my monthly rent, and maybe circle each time I deposit an amount into our joint account?

- Do I need a letter from the landlord or will the original contract suffice for proof of accommodation with our flat?

Also, our lease was originally from July 2018- July 2019, we are on a rolling basis. Do I need to get a letter from the landlord for that, or the lettings agency (Chancellor's?)

And finally, my husband owns a house, we lived in it from before May 2017 (when I received my FLRm visa) to July 2018. Does he just need to provide a mortgage, and include the fact that we've lived in that house in his letter?

Thanks for the help with this! Life can be a bit complicated, and this visa is stressing me out. I'm aiming to submit on 13th October!

• Liked: 6110
Re: FLR(M): Proof of Finances/ Accommodation questions: Two bank accounts?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
Hi team,

My husband and I have a joint bank account, used to pay for our monthly flat that we're renting. I'm relying on my own finances for my FLR(m).

- My company pays into my own personal account
- I transfer the amount of money for our monthly rent into our joint account
- Payments are taken each month by our landlord from our joint account

Do I need to include both bank statements? Or just my primary bank statements indicating my pay going in each month (which I only plan on submitting) and include a letter of how I use a separate bank account to pay for my monthly rent, and maybe circle each time I deposit an amount into our joint account?

- Do I need a letter from the landlord or will the original contract suffice for proof of accommodation with our flat?

Also, our lease was originally from July 2018- July 2019, we are on a rolling basis. Do I need to get a letter from the landlord for that, or the lettings agency (Chancellor's?)

And finally, my husband owns a house, we lived in it from before May 2017 (when I received my FLRm visa) to July 2018. Does he just need to provide a mortgage, and include the fact that we've lived in that house in his letter?

Thanks for the help with this! Life can be a bit complicated, and this visa is stressing me out. I'm aiming to submit on 13th October!

For the financial requirement you only need to provide the bank statements which correspond with the pay being deposited, they don't care what you do with your money after that.

You only need to provide accommodation evidence for the situation that you are actually living in. So to clarify, you don't live in the house he still owns but you do live in a rented flat? For the rental you would provide the lease if both names are on it or lease and letter if not. 

You can use the joint account as correspondence evidence.

Sponsored Links