Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: applying for flr by post and got letter  (Read 2364 times)

• finally home
  • Liked: 0
Re: applying for flr by post and got letter
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2003, 12:30:53 AM »
Debz,
i came here in feb. on a fiance visa (had to fight for months to get),Took just over a month to get my flr (further leave to remain) visa.
I have read some on here get it in like 2 weeks others longer so i guess depends on how busy they are in Croydon?
Anyway if you have everything in order i would expect you wont have to much trouble if any.
good luck to you:)

• Wishing I was in the UK now!
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2003, 05:14:01 AM »
Originaly i applied to early ( few months before i was to leave for uk), so i wait for 1 1/2 month to my departure date to re-apply (had to pay more the 2nd time).
They nit picked thru everything, my wife (than fiance) wages and banks statements wheren't enough for them they wanted a letter from her employer, and so on
so be very prepared and have everything and more ready.

9iron,
Sorry so slow about this question, but I am getting ready to send off everything Fed Ex this next week.  My fiance priority mailed his portion of the papers to me on Tuesday, so I should receive by Monday at latest.  

My question is I wondered how long did it did take you for your fiance visa through the LA consulate, if you posted it?  I need at least a month notice to put in for my apartment and also for my work, and so I was hoping to get my son's and I visa's back by mid-July, because I would like to get over to the UK in August.  Is it still too soon to apply being it is late June?  But I wouldn't want to chance sending it later in case it gets delayed either.

Thanks for your help on this!  Have a good one, and congrats on your FLR!!!  
Cheers

• finally home
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2003, 12:01:40 PM »
Soontobeharrison,

I wish you luck with your fiance visa at the LA office, I would hope you will have a answer soon, depends on who you get there it seems, some have had no problems while i had every problem and hurdle thrown at me at the la office.
If you have everything in order i would assume it wont take to long, (mine was 7 months start to finish)
If you have any trouble ask for the deputy consulate (wish i knew that long before), seems there's 2 they are both nice and helpfull, avoid i repeat avoid Paul stevens (hes the boss it seems who doesnt care what happens).
Some advice here also, have with your application
Plane tickets for your departure to uk (proves your intent to move to uk)
a wedding date (if possible) or a intended date for wedding if you cant get a exact date (church wedding or town hall etc..)
pictures of you both together (proves you've met)
any emails or letters writin (didnt seem to bothered with mine tho)
Be prepared for them to request you come to La for a Interview( they stated it states you "may" on site)
I was givin 2 and only 2 dates or my application would be rejected ( the following day and a day the next week)
I was very lucky i got help from the deputy consulate (both are very nice and seemed concerned i had such trouble)

Wish you luck make sure you have everything in order and all should work out.

Sponsored Links