Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Something for the Minecraft fans  (Read 1005 times)

• Liked: 1891
Something for the Minecraft fans
« on: September 19, 2019, 09:40:39 PM »

Check this out - my kid made this house in Minecraft, then used a mod to export the object as a 3d model, then printed it! 

• Liked: 1327
Re: Something for the Minecraft fans
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 08:39:18 AM »
He could 3d print a village... complete with villagers!

Is your daughter really not interested in this stuff at all?  I'm sad for her potentially missed opportunity.   (I'm projecting a bit... my parents gave me sooo many opportunities when I was growing up that I failed to appreciate back then, and now I'm Very Old and, for example, just learning to play guitar...)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 02:17:55 PM »
He could 3d print a village... complete with villagers!

Is your daughter really not interested in this stuff at all?  I'm sad for her potentially missed opportunity.   (I'm projecting a bit... my parents gave me sooo many opportunities when I was growing up that I failed to appreciate back then, and now I'm Very Old and, for example, just learning to play guitar...)

I thought about printing the villagers and the pigs and all that stuff but he tells me that you can only export stuff you have built. 

My daughter is interested, but not really the same way.  She's also busy living her teenage girl life and is too busy to hang out with me.  Almost the only time I see her is when I pick her up from boyfriend's house and we chat in the car. I'm happy she's independent and has her own life and interests, but sad my little girl is gone.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »
I thought about printing the villagers and the pigs and all that stuff but he tells me that you can only export stuff you have built. 

My daughter is interested, but not really the same way.  She's also busy living her teenage girl life and is too busy to hang out with me.  Almost the only time I see her is when I pick her up from boyfriend's house and we chat in the car. I'm happy she's independent and has her own life and interests, but sad my little girl is gone.

Aww.  They grow up too fast, don't they?

Except me.  When I turned 16, I used my birthday money to buy a Lego set I'd had my eye on for ages, and an NES... because I was cool like that.   ::)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 154
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2019, 06:44:49 AM »
I love this, I’m going to show my kiddo who loves mine craft.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2019, 12:01:38 PM »
3D printers would have been so helpful when I was 16 and doing an engineering technology class my sophomore year.  But at least we had 'real' plastics moulding techniques available to us , including blow moulding, thermoforming, injection moulding, CAM, rotational moulding, fiberglass manufacturing, and other techniques.   I took plastics technology my junior year to take full advantage of these things and that swayed my career for me!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »
3D printers would have been so helpful when I was 16 and doing an engineering technology class my sophomore year.  But at least we had 'real' plastics moulding techniques available to us , including blow moulding, thermoforming, injection moulding, CAM, rotational moulding, fiberglass manufacturing, and other techniques.   I took plastics technology my junior year to take full advantage of these things and that swayed my career for me!
Both of my kids have done what I guess is called vacume moulding at school, where you put something down and then melt a piece of plastic over it under a vacum.  Not sure of the details, I think they made some chocolate molds or something. 

The latest thing we've been doing is trying to use a Kinect 3d scanner to scan each other and then print out little statues.  Working OK so far.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab