Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Planning my new kitchen appliances  (Read 5221 times)

• Liked: 676
Re: Planning my new kitchen appliances
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2019, 09:38:38 PM »
I know they are more expensive, but I HIGHLY recommend getting a Webber BBQ grill. We went with one and I have no regrets and am pleased we spent a bit more for it vs. the cheaper brands because I know it's going to last for a while and be sturdy. We got it because the thought was that it's a brand that has been around a long time so we can find parts easily enough to replace anything that needs replacing, it has a pretty good warranty on it, and has the best reviews. 5 stars from me! (we've had ours since June)

We've used Webers for years. They are good, reliable grills. I loved our little Weber kettle grill so much I paid to ship it over with our "stuff" when we moved. It's a bottom-of-their-line charcoal/wood cooker, but one of the best I've ever used. It's "been through the wars" and still works just fine.

This sounds like such a great adventure - refitting a kitchen from scratch!

You know, though, I have to say that the best thing I've purchased for the kitchen since we've been here has been that Lakeland counter-top oven. It heats up really fast, has top and bottom heating elements with separate controls, can broil, bake, or go "convection". It also has a rotisserie in it, although I doubt I'd ever use it. Plus it has a heating option for yogurt-making, which works well to proof bread dough. And it's SO nice to be able to quick-bake small items, like a quiche or a baked potato, without having to wait forever for the big oven to heat up. Uses a lot less electricity, too. We always had a counter-top oven in the States for pretty much the same reason, and I had forgotten how much I missed it until the new one arrived recently.  ;D

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2019, 09:42:21 PM »
I'll need to look at them. I've really only been looking at Amazon since I'm a lazy shopper.  Lol

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We got ours from a good price but we did look around a few different websites (I can't remember where we got it from in the end but it was a special sale that was ending). I think we got it from somewhere like  B&Q. They did have the smaller versions at Costco though and - if they still have them - they might be at a good price now because it's the end of the proper BBQ season for brits :)

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2019, 10:01:06 PM »
We also have a Weber grill. Liked it so much we got one for the in-laws for Christmas.  Their model gets more compact than ours in the off season.  I’ll look up what I bought and add a link if i find it.

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2019, 10:06:33 PM »
Weber Spirit 210.  Ours is 7 or 8 years old and still loads and loads of life left.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2019, 10:12:03 PM »
Yay kitchen gadgets!

Hmmm, not sure what else to buy.  A sous vide machine?
Do you have a juicer?
(I've got a Sage one that is really nice.Bought it to make homebrew apple cider. Need to dig it out actually and make something yummy) 

If you want to look somewhere other than amazon, nisbets is a fun scroll https://www.nisbets.co.uk
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2019, 10:16:11 PM »
Yay kitchen gadgets!

Hmmm, not sure what else to buy.  A sous vide machine?
Do you have a juicer?
(I've got a Sage one that is really nice.Bought it to make homebrew apple cider. Need to dig it out actually and make something yummy) 

If you want to look somewhere other than amazon, nisbets is a fun scroll https://www.nisbets.co.uk
I had a sous vide in the US but gifted it to a friend. It's on the wish list. Lol

I was thinking about a fruit press to make homemade apple cider. But not necessarily a juicer. But that is a longer term goal.

I also want a mini keg with a tap so I can store my kombucha.

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2019, 04:20:01 PM »
Ok, I ordered the Kenwood Multi One and it will be delivered tomorrow. Then it will sit in a box until I get into my new kitchen.

Need to decide on the grill next.

• Liked: 424
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 08:22:30 AM »
Well, I’m odd man out here. I would get the charbroil 2 burner infrared. I had one in the states and all I can say is...AMAZING.  It was propane (yep bbq heresy). The thing is, it cooked anything better than any other grill I have had. I could do tri tip on it with no problem. Produced massive amounts of heat like an oven when you wanted it. Had no cold or hot spots, so perfectly even grilling no matter what you put on it.
They are quite solidly built, though not as heavy as the Weber grills. I used to soak wood chips then put them on the lower shield to give that nice smoky flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 12:19:53 PM »
Well, I’m odd man out here. I would get the charbroil 2 burner infrared. I had one in the states and all I can say is...AMAZING.  It was propane (yep bbq heresy). The thing is, it cooked anything better than any other grill I have had. I could do tri tip on it with no problem. Produced massive amounts of heat like an oven when you wanted it. Had no cold or hot spots, so perfectly even grilling no matter what you put on it.
They are quite solidly built, though not as heavy as the Weber grills. I used to soak wood chips then put them on the lower shield to give that nice smoky flavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm pretty sure I will be going with the Char Broil. I can't beat the cost and the reviews are excellent. I'm just not sure which model I want..

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 12:27:59 PM »
How about a pizza oven ,like JFKimberly has?
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 12:29:47 PM »
How about a pizza oven ,like JFKimberly has?
I don't really have a useable space for a pizza oven. The garden is multi leveled and it would be awkward.

I really want a clay oven so since I won't have that, I'll no have any.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »
Candy floss machine!!!  :D

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 06:46:17 PM »
My friend, who will be living right down the street, has a candy floss machine. If I ever need candy floss, I'll be all set.

I also have this new toy. I haven't used it yet. But I will!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 07:47:56 PM »
My friend, who will be living right down the street, has a candy floss machine. If I ever need candy floss, I'll be all set.

I also have this new toy. I haven't used it yet. But I will!

Wow, that's amazing!  ;D We'll have to start calling you Heston from now on!  ;)

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 07:56:46 PM »

I do have one of those.  No blender.  No mixer (apart from my arms).  But cotton candy.  Yup! 

#priorities

Sponsored Links