Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I will miss Thomas Cook airlines  (Read 742 times)

• Liked: 325
I will miss Thomas Cook airlines
« on: September 24, 2019, 10:32:50 AM »
Comfortable, affordable direct flights from MAN to Orlando.  I used them for visiting my family, and my family used them for visiting me.

Looking for a good alternative.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: I will miss Thomas Cook airlines
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 12:35:13 PM »
I feel so bad for the staff.  From most things I have read, it sounded like quite a decent company to work for.

I was on their planes a few times. Thy were nice, comfortable, updated, and had friendly staff.    :\\\'( 
Hopefully you can find a good alternative!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 02:49:11 PM »
I'm concerned that the tax payer is paying for flying all these people back home.  Once again, we are letting corporations treat losses like they belong to everyone while profits do not. I'm getting sick of this benefits culture by UKPlc

• Liked: 718
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2019, 03:31:33 PM »
I'm concerned that the tax payer is paying for flying all these people back home.  Once again, we are letting corporations treat losses like they belong to everyone while profits do not. I'm getting sick of this benefits culture by UKPlc

The mandatory insurance on packaged tours will cover the cost for flying those folks  back. For the flight only people that have been stranded in a foreign country then I hope the CAA is well up the line at the bankruptcy court as one of TC’s unpaid creditors, but I doubt it. 

It is hard on the travelers with ruined holidays but even harder on the employees who are now out of a job. Last night I watched BBC Look North  who had been to Newcastle Airport to interview some of those returning and they were so impressed that Thomas Cook staff had gone, unpaid, to the airport to help process the passengers.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 537
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2019, 04:20:24 PM »

They said this morning that the majority are ATOL (sp?) protected but it will cost the taxpayers £40 million.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »
They said this morning that the majority are ATOL (sp?) protected but it will cost the taxpayers £40 million.

It's absolutely bonkers that we are spending £40 million of taxpayers money on this.   People should claim on ATOL or their travel insurance, or deal with the consequences of not having insurance.  Nobody is going to die if they don't get back from Spain immediately, and if it's so important then they can pay. 

• Liked: 537
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2019, 06:15:40 PM »
It's absolutely bonkers that we are spending £40 million of taxpayers money on this.   People should claim on ATOL or their travel insurance, or deal with the consequences of not having insurance.  Nobody is going to die if they don't get back from Spain immediately, and if it's so important then they can pay.
Oh, it was £60 million are covered by ATOL, but £40 million aren't and that's what the government is paying.

If it happens with the US and the government pays, it's just a loan you have to pay back...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links