Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Lyonaria's ILR thread  (Read 2601 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: Lyonaria's ILR thread
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 10:36:08 PM »
Could you perhaps hire someone to do the cleaning to take some of the pressure off?   :)
Sadly, no. Don't have the cash for that. GAH.

Is post from the RICS chartered surveyor acceptable? It's on letterhead?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 10:42:15 PM »
Sadly, no. Don't have the cash for that. GAH.

Is post from the RICS chartered surveyor acceptable? It's on letterhead?

For the correspondence?

This is the list they used to provide. It does say "examples" so that means you're not limited to those items necessarily but I would stay with the listed items unless you have no other option.

.Examples of acceptable items of correspondence
• letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing
• letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
• bank statements/letters
• building society savings books/letters
• council tax bills or statements
• electricity and/or gas bills or statements
• water rates bills or statements
• mortgage statements/agreement
• tenancy agreement(s)
• telephone bills or statements

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 11:08:21 PM »
For the correspondence?

This is the list they used to provide. It does say "examples" so that means you're not limited to those items necessarily but I would stay with the listed items unless you have no other option.
There is going to be so bloody much to scan...

Mostly using bank statements, with a council letter, water bill, and Three bill mixed in.

Our names are both on the bank statements. My husband really only gets health stuff in the post and I don't think he wants to send it away.

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 11:15:11 PM »
There is going to be so bloody much to scan...

Mostly using bank statements, with a council letter, water bill, and Three bill mixed in.

Our names are both on the bank statements. My husband really only gets health stuff in the post and I don't think he wants to send it away.

That's fine, you only need three sources and that's four right there.

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
I know it's bank statement heavy, but he really doesn't get any post. It's driving me nuts.

June bank statement -both
Aug bank statement -both
Nov bank statement -both

Feb bank statement -both
May bank statement -both
Aug bank statement -both
Oct SEAT statement -him
Dec Water statement -me

March council tax - both
April energy statement- me
??? For him
July Help to buy statement - him
Aug three (mobile) statement - me

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
I don't want to add to your stress, but the months where you have separate post, instead of jointly-addressed, they need to be in the same month, or really close in date.  October to December 2018 is too far apart.  :/

On thebright side, you can refuce your scanning a bit... you don't need the August 2017 bank statement.  Aim for intervals of about four or five months between items.  June to November 2017 is perfect.  Ideally, the next item(s) would be from April 2018 (March would also be acceptable), if you have anything.  If not, keep that time as it is, with the extra statement.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2019, 09:36:06 AM »
I don't want to add to your stress, but the months where you have separate post, instead of jointly-addressed, they need to be in the same month, or really close in date.  October to December 2018 is too far apart.  :/

On thebright side, you can refuce your scanning a bit... you don't need the August 2017 bank statement.  Aim for intervals of about four or five months between items.  June to November 2017 is perfect.  Ideally, the next item(s) would be from April 2018 (March would also be acceptable), if you have anything.  If not, keep that time as it is, with the extra statement.
Haha. I was doing every three months. Course its every 4. *Facepalm*

I don't mind swapping my December one for earlier. I think I have it...

But honestly, I sent some larger gaps like that last time for FLR and my visa was approved.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2019, 09:44:14 AM »
Yeah.  The guidance says "evenly spaced," and if you take that literally that would be every five months.  I can't imagine the ECO sits there counting the intervals to be sure it's spot on, but I wouldn't want to be the one to advise someone that a long gap is fine, only for it to not be fine.  So... aim for five months, but you can only give them what you have.  If you have your financial stuff and can sort out proof you bought your house, I'm pretty sure your correspondence will be more than adequate.  You're going to be fine.  And think how awesome you're going to feel in a few weeks, after your ILR has come through, and you're all settled in your new house!  One day in the not too distant future, you're going to be sitting back, relaxing with a hot drink, sighing contentedly in your house, without a care in the world.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2019, 09:48:23 AM »
Yeah, we've never seen anyone refused for the correspondence requirement but we always encourage applicants to follow the guidance to the letter wherever possible.

You always want to aim to give them the perfect application so that then it's a quick and easy job for them to give you an approval!  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2019, 11:08:04 AM »
I think you get the deeds to the house once it's paid off. So it would be the land registry document in your case but I don't know how long it takes for your names to be transferred onto it. If it's not ready yet, send whatever proof of purchase you have.

It takes about 2 months for the Land Registry document to be issued in your name once the house has completed.

I exchanged contracts on my house in mid-late March (got the keys late March) and my Land Registry document wasn’t issued until mid-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2019, 11:25:39 AM »
It takes about 2 months for the Land Registry document to be issued in your name once the house has completed.

I exchanged contracts on my house in mid-late March (got the keys late March) and my Land Registry document wasn’t issued until mid-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's good to know... Not sure how I can prove we own the house now. I contacted the solicitor but I haven't heard back yet.

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2019, 11:29:50 AM »
That's good to know... Not sure how I can prove we own the house now. I contacted the solicitor but I haven't heard back yet.

Keep on them, make sure they know this is a time sensitive situation.

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2019, 11:30:43 AM »
I included that in my email this morning.

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2019, 07:28:23 PM »

They said they would put our paperwork on the priority with their whatever title they gave... Not sure if that's terribly helpful though.

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 04:49:37 PM »
Anyone able to give me advice if this is enough info from our lawyers?

I think that should be fine.

But I'd take that down now or at least black out your address.  :)

Sponsored Links