Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Camping - solid fuel stove recommendations?  (Read 3064 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: Camping - solid fuel stove recommendations?
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2019, 12:02:45 PM »
Well! If you have more space outside, you can get gas camping ovens, which might be a better idea?

We have an Ooni Pro (technically, a pizza oven, but so much more), so our outdoor cooking needs are set.  It uses a variety of fuels (pellets, gas, wood, lump charcoal), and is large enough we can roast a turkey breast crown and veg for Thanksgiving.  We've slow-cooked pork in it, baked bread... all kinds of things.  I'm just impatient for an indoor option.  The Ooni is great in the summer/dry weather.  This time of year (apparently the rainy season, as rain is in the forecast every day for the foreseeable future) and over winter we're just not keen to go outside to make food.   ::)

But we'll continue to make do.  We're able to do surprisingly well with our limited facilities.  I even "baked" bread-like stuff in my slow cooker once.  I might revise my technique and try that again.  It wasn't too bad.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 676
Re: Camping - solid fuel stove recommendations?
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 05:23:56 PM »
Ah. The sterno-replacement (ethanol) stuff came. Used the frame for the fondu set, and it heat up 750ml of cold water to "tea" temperature in about 10 minutes. There's supposed to be 2.5 hours of use per can, and so that should solve my "need hot water/soup" problems indoors in case of power failure. And it fits my little camping foldy-up stove thing for when camping. :)

Sponsored Links