Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Anyone else feel so tired/ worn down/ sad from the visa process?  (Read 1984 times)

• Liked: 5
Hi all,

Getting ready to submit my FLR(m) renewal in one week, and I gotta vent..

This is my second spouse visa and I had a student visa before that. I'm working full time, and though I don't make loads of money it's higher than the 18.5k needed to make the visa cut-off. But the whole process is very stressful for me.

I'm worried that I'll miss something in the application, or paranoid about having all the documents ready. Worried the wording of something will be wrong. The vague wording of the questions, even! These are silly fears, but I find myself really stressed this time around. Really strangely doubtful and sad and paranoid and worried. We also have to pay for the super premium, as my family is needing us to come see them around Thanksgiving and it's very important we go.

I understand the process, I just VERY MUCH look forward to one day never having to worry about the process again. About the next visa, how we'll be able to afford it. Also, I have my husband who's supportive, but I miss my family here. A family member to just come grab a coffee with me, as I sort out this whole application.

Thanks for letting me vent. This site has been tremendous :)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Anyone else feel so tired/ worn down/ sad from the visa process?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 08:17:44 PM »
Hi all,

Getting ready to submit my FLR(m) renewal in one week, and I gotta vent..

This is my second spouse visa and I had a student visa before that. I'm working full time, and though I don't make loads of money it's higher than the 18.5k needed to make the visa cut-off. But the whole process is very stressful for me.

I'm worried that I'll miss something in the application, or paranoid about having all the documents ready. Worried the wording of something will be wrong. The vague wording of the questions, even! These are silly fears, but I find myself really stressed this time around. Really strangely doubtful and sad and paranoid and worried. We also have to pay for the super premium, as my family is needing us to come see them around Thanksgiving and it's very important we go.

I understand the process, I just VERY MUCH look forward to one day never having to worry about the process again. About the next visa, how we'll be able to afford it. Also, I have my husband who's supportive, but I miss my family here. A family member to just come grab a coffee with me, as I sort out this whole application.

Thanks for letting me vent. This site has been tremendous :)

It's incredibly stressful, but the way you are feeling is completely normal. None of your fears are silly, it's very sensible to be aware and concerned about those issues. I worry when someone is not worried about all of those things!  :)
Just to note though, the financial threshold is £18,600.

You are more than half way there now and ILR will seem easier, just make sure you get your life in the UK test under your belt sooner rather than later because scrambling for that at the last minute is extra stressful!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 09:55:00 PM »
Your feelings are completely normal.  It is a very stressful thing.  We've all felt exactly like you're feeling now, and you will get through this.

I know it feels like forever from now, but you'll get there... you will appreciate the day when these visas are all behind you.  In fact, you'll continually appreciate it every time you realize you can just shred or bin some bit of post because you won't have to save it for Home Office anymore.  :)

Does anybody from UK Yankee live near you that you meet and trade war stories with over a coffee?  I'm in southwest Wales,  so probably not near you, but surely someone...?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 04:13:02 PM »
Believe it or not, I actually went into my Indefinite Leave to Remain application cool, calm, and collected.  I knew I would be 100% fine and had everything I needed and nothing extra.

But even I was surprised on the drive home at the relief I felt (back when you could apply in person).  I had no idea that having ILR would be such a weight off - when I didn't even *realise* it was a weight!

So vent away - WE GET IT!   ;D

• Liked: 170
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 05:02:42 PM »
Yup. This was why I went for citizenship as soon as I possibly could after I (finally) got ilr. I was so so sick of all the rules changing, and not to make the process easier! Being a British Citizen now means rule changes don’t affect my life like they used to. But it took me a LONG time to get there and had it all hanging over me for the whole time (see my timeline in my footer). It’s awful.

You aren’t crazy. You aren’t alone. Maybe that’s of some small comfort?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

• Liked: 13
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2019, 11:29:50 PM »

Does anybody from UK Yankee live near you that you meet and trade war stories with over a coffee?  I'm in southwest Wales,  so probably not near you, but surely someone...?

I've just sent in my spousal visa application and hoping to arrive in the U.K. At the end of the year...(didn't know I shouldn't buy a ticket) so the clock is ticking.

I'll be living in South Wales and would love to wish the dirt with a fellow ex-pat.
OCT 28 2019   ONLINE PRIORITY SPOUSAL VISA APPLICATION
NOV 5, 2019    BIOMETRICS
NOV 6, 2019    UKVI EMAIL-ONLINE APPLICATION RECEIVED
NOV 7, 2019    DOCS SCANNED IN UK/PASSPORT R'CVD IN NY
NOV 28, 2019  DECISION MADE EMAIL (17WD - BIOMETRICS)
DEC 4, 2019     VISA RECIEVED-APPROVED -  21WD TOTAL
DEC 30, 2019   ARRIVED IN THE U.K.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab