Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Living arrangments for Spousal Visa! HELP!  (Read 733 times)

• Married March 21,2005!!!
    • My Myspace page
  • Liked: 0
Living arrangments for Spousal Visa! HELP!
« on: January 02, 2005, 02:04:21 AM »
Hey guys. i dont know what to title this as really.. But i have a question.
  If we are to get a fiance or Spousal visa what are the rules for  where u live?
 I mean it is okay with his mom and dad after we are married to stay there and save money whilist we look for a house.  Is that illigal or will they be okay with that at the Embasy?
  COS u know i dont wanna get into anymore trouble.
 I would love someone to let me know this directly at ladymoonwalker2723@yahoo.com
 In case yall dont know this is STILL SHALA just a diffrent screen name .. eheheh

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!! i havent been online cos TIME WARNER CABLE  internt SUCKS BUTTS!  :-*

i hope you all are well. I hope this question makes sense and that someone can help me. Cos i was under the impression tha we have to prove we live on our own  in order to aquire all the  means for the spousal visa.

Shala
MISSY I MISS YOU!!!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 02:27:14 AM by PhoenixMoon »
Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Patrick Mulcrone. March 21,2005.  :) Temporarily back in the USA! Missing him! If you need advice I am here for you!

Re: Living arrangments for Spousal Visa! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 02:17:56 PM »
follow up via email as requested...

In general, however, you simply need to show compliance with the Housing Act of 1985 (as amended in 1996).  Here's the appropriate text:

You should be satisfied that the accommodation for a couple (or for fiancé(es) after they are married) complies with the following requirements:

it is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple (see definition in section below); and

it is capable of accommodating the couple, and any children, without overcrowding as defined in the Housing Act 1985 (see section below on overcrowding).

Depending on the circumstances of the case, there may be other relevant factors; for example you should be satisfied that housing the couple in rented accommodation will not be in breach of any tenancy agreement as regards sub-letting (see below).

and also this one:

The onus is on the applicant to provide confirmation that there is no objection to an additional resident moving into the accommodation.

But these are not generally show-stoppers for a strong application.  I only know of 11 fiance refusals for all of North America last year, there may be more but you really need to screw up badly to get refused in the US or Canada. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 02:31:49 PM by garry »

Sponsored Links