Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Chick-fil-A Opens in Reading, UK  (Read 6425 times)

• Liked: 163
Chick-fil-A Opens in Reading, UK
« on: October 13, 2019, 07:49:03 PM »
https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Article/2019/10/11/US-chain-Chick-fil-A-lands-in-Reading

While I don't agree with the politics of the family who runs it, they do make a good chicken sandwich.  :)

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
Re: Chick-fil-A Opens in Reading, UK
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 07:51:21 PM »
Ahh I want a chick fil a in Eastbourne I’m jealous !!
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 10
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 08:04:32 PM »
https://www.bighospitality.co.uk/Article/2019/10/11/US-chain-Chick-fil-A-lands-in-Reading

While I don't agree with the politics of the family who runs it, they do make a good chicken sandwich.  :)

I could agree more ... I don’t agree with the family either but CFA is one of the places I miss eating at most!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 08:12:12 PM »
I can't eat there, but I was glad when this was shared locally many agreed that they wouldn't be eating there either due to the company and their owners beliefs. My LGBT friends mean far too much to me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 768
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 08:39:39 PM »
I can't eat there, but I was glad when this was shared locally many agreed that they wouldn't be eating there either due to the company and their owners beliefs. My LGBT friends mean far too much to me.

I may have one of the gayest families in existence (2 lesbian daughters, 1 bi daughter and one of those daughters is trans plus a transgender ex husband) and they all love themselves some CFA. Lol.

Personally, I'd be more excited over a Popeyes or Bojangles taste wise.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• I'm not acting confused, I AM Confused!
  • Liked: 28
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »
Sick of this SJW bandwagon ...those of us old enough were probably served food by card carrying Nazi or Communist sympathisers without EVER knowing it, and yet we all survived. The owners of CFA are Christians who treat all their employees great, give great benefits and make good food.
If you choose not to eat there, fine, but this whole virtue signalling and prefacing statements like " I used to love their food, until I found out about their religious stance" BS is getting stale.
I think gay people should be able to marry, but I also 100% support some ones right to not think that way.

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2019, 08:46:51 PM »
I may have one of the gayest families in existence (2 lesbian daughters, 1 bi daughter and one of those daughters is trans plus a transgender ex husband) and they all love themselves some CFA. Lol.

Personally, I'd be more excited over a Popeyes or Bojangles taste wise.

That's interesting because when CFA opened where my family/friends live they were pretty outraged. I guess because we don't have any nostalgia for the flavors it's different!

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 08:58:31 PM »
Sick of this SJW bandwagon ...those of us old enough were probably served food by card carrying Nazi or Communist sympathisers without EVER knowing it, and yet we all survived. The owners of CFA are Christians who treat all their employees great, give great benefits and make good food.
If you choose not to eat there, fine, but this whole virtue signalling and prefacing statements like " I used to love their food, until I found out about their religious stance" BS is getting stale.
I think gay people should be able to marry, but I also 100% support some ones right to not think that way.
The operator of my former local CFA is a top notch human being. Treats his employees like they are gold. He invests in their futures and in the community.  And he just got approval to open a 2nd location in the same city.

The people in the area stand behind his business ethics which have nothing to do with anti LGBQT politics.

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2019, 09:34:36 PM »
My friends asked me (and the rest of their family/friends) not to support the company, so I don't, along with a few others. That's not virtue signalling. But every person and their values are different, as evidenced by Tami's who love the chicken and don't care. You can choose to put your wallet where your beliefs lie or not.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2019, 08:02:14 AM »
I've never eaten there, as it didn't exist when I left.
But... what a stupid name!  How do you pronounce that?
And WTF is 'SJW'?

Off to google 'virtue signalling'... ::)

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2019, 08:07:44 AM »
I've never eaten there, as it didn't exist when I left.
But... what a stupid name!  How do you pronounce that?
And WTF is 'SJW'?

Off to google 'virtue signalling'... ::)
Chick Fill A (filet) as opposed to how the British pronounce fillet, like fill it.

Social Justice Warrior.

And how long have you been gone? We had a CFA in my mall when I was 20 as I routinely ate breakfast there before work at the Cookie Co and that would have been very early 90's.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 08:10:21 AM by nctami72 »

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2019, 08:22:40 AM »
Chick Fil A must have gotten a WHOLE lot better since I was in the states, I never thought of it as anything special. Completely unremarkable.   I swear I remember it from my local mall before I was 10. 

I agree with Drewhsere that gay people should be allowed to marry. 

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2019, 08:24:44 AM »
Chick Fil A must have gotten a WHOLE lot better since I was in the states, I never thought of it as anything special. Completely unremarkable. 

I agree with Drewhsere that gay people should be allowed to marry.
It really hasn't. I don't think it is special at all.

But Popeyes! Yum!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2019, 08:38:18 AM »
It really hasn't. I don't think it is special at all.

But Popeyes! Yum!

Seriously, if this headline was "Popeye's opens a branch in Reading" I would be driving there now.  And I wouldn't care if the whole staff were members of ISIS, as long as it tasted like the Popeye's I remember.

• Liked: 676
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2019, 08:46:42 AM »
We used to have Chic-fil-A all the time - loved their sandwiches. Too bad Reading is so far away.

Speaking of American restaurants, I think the Denny's is, amazingly, still open here in Glasgow. And still getting horrific reviews on Trip Advisor. I would have thought it would have been shuttered by now. (?)

Sponsored Links