Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Questions about spouse visa application  (Read 570 times)

• Liked: 24
Questions about spouse visa application
« on: October 14, 2019, 04:31:45 AM »
I have pretty much completed the Finance section of the visa application. It asks for my husband's annual income before tax. His income is hourly rather than salaried. The letter his employer wrote states that his expected salary is £27,300, but when we added the past 6 payslips together, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12 it was over £27,800. Which should I put down? Also, the application didn't give me the option to select non-salaried income. It only asked about the type of contract. It also asks me to provide "Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application", but as I said he's non-salaried. I think I only need to provide the last 7? He has received 11 in total so far and still exceeds the financial requirement with those 11.

I also looked at the "documents" section of the application and they ask for "one proof of citizenship (such as a passport or UK citizenship certificate)" for my husband in addition to the mandatory copy of the bio data page from his passport. I thought I only needed to send in my own passport, not his?
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Liked: 24
Re: Questions about spouse visa application
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2019, 11:32:20 PM »
Hmm, well Appendix FM still states we only need the last 6 months of payslips (I now have the last 7 months, and they are verified as legitimate in the employer letter).  I also read elsewhere on this board that the copy of his passport bio page is enough for his proof of citizenship. I think for the salary, I will keep it at 27,300 but mention I got a higher number when I calculated.

I need to apply within the next few days, as his last payslip says it was processed on the 5th of October and 28 days after that is November 2nd. Here is what I have:

-sponsorship letter from my spouse
-stamped copy of my spouse's passport (from the post office) showing his picture/bio data page.

-letter from employer dated today (he e-mailed me a copy and will mail the original as soon as he gets it. I think I'll be okay sending the copy to the scanning center).
-the last 7 months of payslips
-bank statements that show the last 7 months of deposits, every page now stamped

-accommodation letter written by spouse/tenant with housing officer's information.
-property inspection report from a third party stating that the property won't be overcrowded
-the tenancy agreement
-council tax bill

(My husband requested his housing council write the accommodation letters, but they said they "don't do those kinds of letters." We read on other forums that people's applications have been successful without a letter from the council, as long as they had the tenancy agreement, a property inspection report and a letter from the sponsor/tenant stating that they can live there without it being required and the housing officer's name/contact information.)

-Conversation logs from the past ten years
-Google Hangout screenshots of our calls
(I may include some Skype logs too to show the lengthy Skype calls we had at the beginning of our relationship)
-Pictures of us together from our wedding and various visits
-All of our flight itineraries printed
-Copies of boarding passes (I only found a few)
-Copies of cards he sent me

My expired passport and my current passport

I believe I am supposed to write a letter too? What exactly should it say? What order should I keep everything in? Do I just bring my printed application and receipts to the biometric appointment?
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

Sponsored Links