Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Permanent NI number  (Read 1663 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Permanent NI number
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2005, 05:08:03 PM »
Good God Aimiloo !!! 310 a week is pricey to say the least!!! I've come across quite a few flatshares for about 400 a MONTH...in and around Zone 2. But then again it depends on the neighbourhood as well... If i'm using public transport, it shouldnt cost much.

As for sacrifice, I guess i'm willing to substitute nights out at the pubs and clubs with lagers at home ! ...at least till I get off ground ! Eating out will also be a luxury i suppose....but becoming gourmet chef is a handy trade-off me thinks !!

Do temp employers hand out reference letters that you can use in your job hunt ??

PS Aimi...feel free to "babble"...cos its all vital info to me ! :D

Elizabeth, would you know the consequences of NOT having the necessary information ? e.g proof of employment, residence and bank statements (planning to open the account shortly). I guess its not like I can never apply again huh ?

• Liked: 1
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2005, 05:12:49 PM »
i know kiddo.  It's expensive but it's in a really safe and convinenant area.  that's what made the top of the list for us.  (and for my family who would not have been happy if i moved into a not so safe area!)

i can say my hubs lived in Brixton with a bunch of people and they each oaid 300 per month for a 4 bedroom flat.  that was great-the area was ok.....not great though.

AND to afford that flat we stick to a strict budget (we also have other things to afford as well).  I cook almost every night.  We shop at costco for stuff....there is a bunch of ways to save moola.  Search the board!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2005, 05:14:08 PM »
Here's a list of the stuff you need:

Types of evidence and information

Here are some examples of the types of evidence and information we need. We cannot accept photocopies.

General documents such as your:

passport
National Identity card
birth certificate
marriage certificate
Documents to do with employment, such as:

Payslips
A work permit
A letter from your employer
Your contract of employment
Details of any employment agencies you are registered with.
Documents to do with self-employment, such as:

Invoices
Letters from your accountant
Letters from your clients
Your Schedule D tax form.
You must bring any travel documents you have. These are documents that give information about your travel between countries. Travel documents include things like your passport, National Identity card or form NASS 35 that is issued to people seeking asylum in the UK. Leaflet GL25 How to prove your identity for social security gives more examples of this type of document.

If you have any other documents that you think may help prove your identity, please bring them with you.

From:  http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/ni_number.asp#evidence

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2005, 05:22:14 PM »
Oh my goodness Lola !!! Much appreciated !  :D Will start working on the list immediately !!!

Aimi....Brixton...supposed to be a bit shadey...according to what i've heard... Anything close to shadey is a no-no !! Was chatting with a friend the other day and one of his friends got mugged and beaten unconscious !! :o To think I'm leaving a safe haven for decent folk such as Dubai for London !! As regards the tips on frugality....shall start searching the board ! Fanks a mill !

• Liked: 1
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2005, 05:23:25 PM »
hehe.  it was cheap, didn't say it was safe.  ;)

his neighbors were tarts!  literally!  they stood on the street!  I'm SO happy he got out of there.   :P

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2005, 05:56:46 PM »
I have my appointment on 8th February and looking through the paperwork they've sent me there isn't an application per se. Do they fill this out for you during the interview? Is there not one? Am I correct in thinking you just walk in with your handful of ID & supporting documents?

what... me worry?   ::)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2005, 06:22:56 PM »
They have the application and they walk through it QUESTION by QUESTION with you.  Tedious, yes, but it's a doddle!   :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab