Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Are your degrees/qualifications transferable internationally?  (Read 7284 times)

• Liked: 1
Are your degrees/qualifications transferable internationally?
« on: October 14, 2019, 12:53:05 PM »
I've been living in the UK for a few years and feel like I'm completely stuck/in a dead end at my job. Career and education has always been so important to me, and I feel like I've just thrown that away with my move.

Part of the problem is that I truly have no idea which country I'm going to be "permanently settled" in. The career that I'm interested in having (counselling/therapy) requires a qualification/license and it doesn't seem to be easily transferable if I were to move. For instance, if I were qualified in the UK, from what I've read, I wouldn't be recognized as qualified in the US, and vice versa.

How have you guys handled this? What fields are you in, and how easy or difficult would it be for your degree/license/qualification to be recognized in the US if  you moved back?

• Liked: 163
Re: Are your degrees/qualifications transferable internationally?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 06:03:24 PM »
I'm a film & television editor. Nobody in either country cares about my degree, they only want to know what I've worked on and to see some examples of what I've done. Happily, the software used for editing is ubiquitous, so that's not a problem, either.

I'm sorry that's not more helpful to you.

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Re: Are your degrees/qualifications transferable internationally?
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2019, 10:32:45 AM »
What kind of career are you wanting?
They can absolutely be, depends on what you're going for?
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab