Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Renewing my FLR (M) visa  (Read 1764 times)

• Liked: 1
Renewing my FLR (M) visa
« on: October 14, 2019, 01:27:15 PM »
Hello,

I need to start renewing my FLR (M) visa and I don't know where to start. Is reapplying for this visa the same process and inititally applying for it? I would love some starting tips or some direction on where to go to get this information.

Thank you!

• Liked: 1327
Re: Renewing my FLR (M) visa
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 01:53:08 PM »
You said "renewing my FLR (M) visa".  Did you enter on a different visa and switch to FLR(M), and now you need to apply for a second FLR(M)?  Or did you enter on a spousal visa, and now you are applying for your first FLR(M) extention?

Applying for FLR(M) is very similar to the initial spouse visa, except:

-  Instead of providing proof of communication while you were living apart, as you did for the spousal visa application, you will provide six jointly-addressed or twelve individually-addressed bits of post sent to you and your spouse in the last 2.5 years (about one item each every 5 months), that are from at least three unique official sources, to prove you live together.  The acceptable sources include things like government agencies, NHS, utilities, banks, etc.  Personal letters do not count.  This, along with your marriage certificate, constitutes your proof or relationship (no photo required this time, either).

- If you are using wages from employment to meet the minimum income threshold, both the sponsor's and the applicant's income can be counted now, because the applicant has the legal right to work in the UK.

- The FLR(M) application is submitted from within the UK.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 01:59:49 PM »
Thank you, this is really helpful. I entered on a fiancé visa, then applied for an FLR (M) visa and now I need to renew it.

Do you know when applying when asked how long have that I've been living in the UK I include the time I spent here on a fiance visa?

Thanks again,
Taylor

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 02:11:45 PM »
Thank you, this is really helpful. I entered on a fiancé visa, then applied for an FLR (M) visa and now I need to renew it.

Do you know when applying when asked how long have that I've been living in the UK I include the time I spent here on a fiance visa?

Thanks again,
Taylor

Yes, answer all the questions literally.  The time on your fiance visa doesn't count for the five years toward ILR, but you were living here.

Okay, so this is your second FLR(M) application... this one will have all the same evidence required as your first one (except you will be expected to actually have all of that correspondence that you might not have had last time because you weren't here long enough to acquire it back then).  The application process is different now to what it was 2-1/2 years ago... there's no longer a paper application, and you don't post your supporting documents in.  Instead, you apply online (don't submit your application until you've collected all your evidence and you're ready), then you'll scan and upload your documents, book and attend a biometrics appointment, and then wait.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 02:21:40 PM »
Thank you for replying, I apologise for not responding sooner.

Do you know if there is a list of all supporting documents that are needed?

Thank you,
Taylor

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 04:33:55 PM »
Sorry it's been a while since I replied.  I've been ill.  Hopefully, you started a new thread somewhere and someone is helping you.

But just in case, to answer your last question, there isn't a single list of all supporting documents because what you submit will depend on your living situation (renting, own, living with family/friends, etc.), and how you will meet the financial requirement.  Also, you may or may not have prior marriages/divorces, or children from prior marriages.  All of these things factor into what you submit.

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 09:36:19 PM »
Thanks for your response and I hope you are feeling better!

How do I submit all of the supporting documents, do they need to be scanned and uploaded to the site?

Thanks again!
T

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 01:30:50 AM »
How do I submit all of the supporting documents, do they need to be scanned and uploaded to the site?

Yes.

Alternatively, you can pay extra for a biometrics appointment where they scan the documents for you but I think it costs about £100, so if you can scan and upload everything yourself, it'll save you a bit of money.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 08:19:46 AM »
Thank you. Is a biometrics appointment needed to renew?

T

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 08:24:52 AM »
Thank you. Is a biometrics appointment needed to renew?

T

You need to submit your biometric information for every visa application.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 08:38:46 AM »
Okay, will make that appointment now.

Once everything is submitted, how long does it usually take to come to a decision? I am starting to get nervous about timings and debating paying for the express service.

- T

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 09:01:58 AM »
Okay, will make that appointment now.

Once everything is submitted, how long does it usually take to come to a decision? I am starting to get nervous about timings and debating paying for the express service.

- T

Several weeks, maybe six to eight?
What is it about timings that concerns you?

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 09:44:19 AM »
My visa is due to expire at the end of January. I have all of the supporting documents needed I just need to finish the online portion and Im thinking with the Christmas holidays it might be backed up. I don't want to risk not being able to work.

T

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 09:47:17 AM »
My visa is due to expire at the end of January. I have all of the supporting documents needed I just need to finish the online portion and Im thinking with the Christmas holidays it might be backed up. I don't want to risk not being able to work.

T

As long as you submit a valid application before your current BRP expires then your current permissions are extended under article 3 c.

That means you can continue to work without a problem.

• Liked: 3595
Renewing my FLR (M) visa
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 09:50:06 AM »

T

You won’t risk not being able to work.

The only thing you have to do is make sure you submit the online application before your visa expiry date.

As long as you do that, your current visa and right to work will be extended while the application is processing.

If your employer is concerned about this they can check your right to work on the UKVI website.

Also, you can’t book your biometrics until after you have submitted the online application.

Regular free appointments can have a waiting time of several weeks, but you can pay extra (about £100) for a specific day/time appointment which I think are more readily available. Ultimately though, there’s no issue with waiting for a free appointment -it’s just your personal preference for what you want to do.

Before you complete/submit the online application, I would post a list here of all your supporting documents so we can make sure you’re not missing anything :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links