Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometric residence permit  (Read 609 times)

• Liked: 2
Biometric residence permit
« on: October 15, 2019, 12:23:25 PM »
Hi. I'm looking for guidance on how to complete the BRP application. I have held ILR since 2007. My old expired passport is in my old last name. My current passport is in my married name. I did not have a new visa vignette put in my new passport. I travel with both passports.

I have started the online application for the BRP but am stuck when it asks for name. Does it want the name on my ILR or my married name in my new passport?

I searched online for help but could not find any. The GOV website specifically says that no assistance for filling in the application is available if you call the help hotline.

Thanks for any help that you can give, or websites that you can point me to.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
Re: Biometric residence permit
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 12:43:20 PM »
The name on your BRP must match the name in your current passport at all times, so you have to put your name as it is listed in your passport.

So if your new passport is in your married name, then you have to apply for the BRP in your married name too.

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 12:03:07 PM »
Thanks! I may have a few more questions before I get to the end of the application. If I do I hope you can help me with those as well :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 02:21:41 PM »
I am gathering the documentation to take with me on Wednesday for my BRP appointment. I have a few questions concerning what to provide and hope that at least one of you can provide answers, for which I would be very appreciative.

1. What would be the best proof of address? I have driving licence, October bank statement, October BT bill. I can provide an Anglian Water bill in my name from Nov17 through Nov18 but no other utility bill. We can't find the council tax bill for 2019/20. I also have a letter dated October from HMRC about a change to my tax code.

2. Regarding continuous residency from the time I got ILR in 2007 to now: I have requested a letter from my ex-employer to confirm my continuous employment from September 2005 through November 2018. If my ex-employer doesn't send me this letter do I need to print out all of my payslips and P60s for those years? What if I am missing any payslips? What do I use to prove continuous residency from for December 2018 through now?

3. The application instructions say to bring the current document showing my right to stay in the UK. Is this my ILR visa that is in my expired passport? To my knowledge I don't have anything else but the visa.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links