Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: If Shortfall of 5 years FLR (M)  (Read 5235 times)

• Liked: 4
If Shortfall of 5 years FLR (M)
« on: October 17, 2019, 02:50:53 PM »
Please, i would need input to help me in this.My situation is I was on a dependent visa as a parent to a British from January 2015 – July 2017.

June 2017 - Switched and applied for FLR (M) – Valid period = 27-July-2017 to 07-Dec-2019.
I noticed that the current visa is not 30 months or that is normal. I was expecting the expiry date to be in January 2019.

I would want to apply for an extension in November.(within the 28 days) and use priority (5 days) services and then when the extension is granted in November/December for another 30 months depending on the appointment date.

See the assumption below for the validity of the extension:
From Xx-November-2019 to xx- April or May – 2022
From Xx-Dec-2019 to xx- May or June – 2022

Please note that my initial valid date was 27/July/2017 and i know the expiry date would not go beyond May or June 2002(if granted in Nov/Dec 2019). Please, I need help to get clarity on this. Please sorry for this analysing it would cause you.

Question:
-   Would I be a shortfall of 5 years for ILR based on the above assumption expiry date in 2022?

• Liked: 1327
Re: If Shortfall of 5 years FLR (M)
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 03:29:32 PM »
I have some questions, first:

1. If you're worried about a shortfall, why are you trying to apply as early as possible, and use priority?  Why not let the system take its time, buying you time toward ILR?

2. Also, why was your first FLR(M) issued for less than 30 months?  Why didn't you notify them when it was issued?

--

Now, I don't know the answer to this, but is there any chance that your time on the "Parent" visa counts toward your five years?  Ksand24 is likely to know the answer to this.

Assuming that initial period does not count toward the five years for ILR, your 5 year anniversary from the first FLR(M) is July 27, 2022.  28 days before that is the earliest you would be able to apply for ILR, so you need your next visa to last at least until 29 June, 2022.  Subtract 30 months from that, and you want your next FLR(M) to be issued on or after 29 December, 2019.

If you submit your online application in the first week of December, just before your current visa expires, then book your biometrics for 3 weeks later (as is probably going to be necessary), you're nearly to 29 December, already, and they still need time to process it and make a decision.  I still probably wouldn't do priority, in your case.  But the timeline can work.  Just.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 04:58:26 PM »
Thank you for taking time and analyse this.I still require help from you and everyone.
I have some questions, first:

1. If you're worried about a shortfall, why are you trying to apply as early as possible, and use priority?  Why not let the system take its time, buying you time toward ILR?
Good suggestion, i just like to get a quick decision enjoying the Xmas period.

2. Also, why was your first FLR(M) issued for less than 30 months?  Why didn't you notify them when it was issued?
I thought it was normal and realised when i was checking on this forum and my solicitor did not spot it also.
Would there be an issue that i did not notify HO?
--
Now, I don't know the answer to this, but is there any chance that your time on the "Parent" visa counts toward your five years?  Ksand24 is likely to know the answer to this.
I need your input please
Assuming that initial period does not count toward the five years for ILR, your 5 year anniversary from the first FLR(M) is July 27, 2022.  28 days before that is the earliest you would be able to apply for ILR, so you need your next visa to last at least until 29 June, 2022.  Subtract 30 months from that, and you want your next FLR(M) to be issued on or after 29 December, 2019.

If you submit your online application in the first week of December, just before your current visa expires, then book your biometrics for 3 weeks later (as is probably going to be necessary), you're nearly to 29 December, already, and they still need time to process it and make a decision.  I still probably wouldn't do priority, in your case.  But the timeline can work.  Just.
Thank you for the suggestion,  29 June, 2022 is the least, if apply on 29 Nov 2019.At least it would take 6 or 8 weeks to make a decision.If a decision do make in January 2020, i think the expiry should run to July(may be first week or ....).But based on  29 June, 2022 , i was still short for 5 years.Please enlighten me.Any suggestion help.Thank you

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 05:37:41 PM »
I would suggest doing the following:
- apply as close to your expiry date as you can... so, the first week of December
- book a biometrics appointment for as late as you can... maybe late December or early January?
- don't pay for priority service so that it takes as long as possible to be processed

Assuming the processing time starts from the biometrics date (and the visa will start from when the decision is made), a few scenarios:

- if you give biometrics on say, 20th December and it takes 6 weeks to be processed (end of Jan), your new FLR(M) should be valid until the end of July 2022, which will give you about a month to apply for ILR before it expires.

- if you were to give biometrics in early January and it takes 8 weeks to be processed (early March), your new FLR(M) would likely be valid until September 2022, which gives you almost 3 months to apply for ILR before it expires.

- even if you gave biometrics in mid-December and the visa only takes, say 4 weeks to be processed, it would be issued mid-Jan 2020 and would be valid until mid-July 2020... so again, you would have a couple of weeks to apply for ILR before it expires.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:45:27 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 06:40:16 PM »
Thank you for taking time to provide solution for this.I really appreciate you and  jfkimberly

I would suggest doing the following:
- apply as close to your expiry date as you can... so, the first week of December
Noted. Thank you.I will do it around the 3rd of December.

- book a biometrics appointment for as late as you can... maybe late December or early January?
How long can some wait for an appointment after the application has been submitted and also after the visa expiry date?

- don't pay for priority service so that it takes as long as possible to be processed

Assuming the processing time starts from the biometrics date (and the visa will start from when the decision is made), a few scenarios:

- if you give biometrics on say, 20th December and it takes 6 weeks to be processed (end of Jan), your new FLR(M) should be valid until the end of July 2022, which will give you about a month to apply for ILR before it expires.

- if you were to give biometrics in early January and it takes 8 weeks to be processed (early March), your new FLR(M) would likely be valid until September 2022, which gives you almost 3 months to apply for ILR before it expires.

- even if you gave biometrics in mid-December and the visa only takes, say 4 weeks to be processed, it would be issued mid-Jan 2020 and would be valid until mid-July 2020... so again, you would have a couple of weeks to apply for ILR before it expires.
The best suggestion in my own case from you and @fkimberly.I do really appreciate you guys.
I have more question,you have provided an answer for this before, but i would create a new post, no need for long thread.You and @fkimberly have provided solution for this.It is only God that can reward you all for all these supports.Thank you all.

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 06:55:33 PM »
How long can some wait for an appointment after the application has been submitted and also after the visa expiry date?

I'm not sure how long it can take, but I think some people have had to wait a few weeks for an appointment anyway. In regards to your visa expiring, the only date that matters is the date you submit your online application, as that is your official application date. As long as you submit it before the expiry date, I don't think it matters when you attend biometrics.

I have more question,you have provided an answer for this before, but i would create a new post, no need for long thread

Actually, it's much, much easier for us to help you if you can keep all your questions in one thread only.

That way, all the information and advice about your application and visa situation is in one place and we can just scroll up to check what you have already asked and what advice you have been given.

If you have multiple threads, all the information can get confusing and jumbled and we end up having to search the board to find out what you've already asked and have been told.

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2019, 07:44:16 PM »
Actually, it's much, much easier for us to help you if you can keep all your questions in one thread only.

That way, all the information and advice about your application and visa situation is in one place and we can just scroll up to check what you have already asked and what advice you have been given.

If you have multiple threads, all the information can get confusing and jumbled and we end up having to search the board to find out what you've already asked and have been told.
Thank you for letting me know.I would do as required.
Please, you need to tolerate me with these questions, I just need to get things right. You have helped me before but the Month for the application has changed.

I would apply for the extension on 3rd of December 2019 and expiry date is 7th December. I would book an appointment on the 20th of December

Is this below the right format for Cohabitating Documents for unmarried?
December 2017 > April 2018 > August 2018 > December 1018 > April 2019 > August 2019 > December 2019(not sure if would receive December mail before 3rd of December ).

Can I submit documents e.g “Cohabitating Documents”, “Letter from employer” which is dated after the application date?Apply on 3rd Decemeber and document after the application date[e.g10th of December].

Employment
My pay day is every 28 of the month. The last day would be 28th of November prior to application in 3rd Of December. At which date can my employer should write the support letter as required.by HO e.g type of contract, pay slips authentication. Is it okay before 28th of November or after 28th of November?

• Liked: 107
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2019, 11:41:33 AM »
Using my wife's ILR application as a reference of time, we had to wait two weeks for a biometrics appointment and that was us paying extra to get it as quickly as possible. You could easily wait for months for a biometrics appointment. The 'free' biometrics appointment at the earliest was at least 3 months when we were looking for ours. Never thought waiting longer would be a positive thing haha
Feb 2014 - Married
29/04/2014 - Spouse Application Approved
02/05/2014 - Visa Received
09/01/2017 - FLR(M) Granted
22/07/2019 - ILR Granted
05/05/2022 - Citizenship

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 11:39:39 AM »
Using my wife's ILR application as a reference of time, we had to wait two weeks for a biometrics appointment and that was us paying extra to get it as quickly as possible. You could easily wait for months for a biometrics appointment. The 'free' biometrics appointment at the earliest was at least 3 months when we were looking for ours. Never thought waiting longer would be a positive thing haha
Thank you @Ben1989 for sharing your experience.

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »
Thank you for letting me know.I would do as required.
Please, you need to tolerate me with these questions, I just need to get things right. You have helped me before but the Month for the application has changed.

I would apply for the extension on 3rd of December 2019 and expiry date is 7th December. I would book an appointment on the 20th of December

Is this below the right format for Cohabitating Documents for unmarried?
December 2017 > April 2018 > August 2018 > December 1018 > April 2019 > August 2019 > December 2019(not sure if would receive December mail before 3rd of December ).

Can I submit documents e.g “Cohabitating Documents”, “Letter from employer” which is dated after the application date? If Apply on 3rd December and submit document after the application date[e.g10th of December].

Employment
My pay day is every 28 of the month. The last day would be 28th of November prior to application e.g 3rd Of December. At which date can my employer should write the support letter as required by HO e.g type of contract, pay slips authentication. Is it okay before 28th of November or after 28th of November?

I would really need help for the above.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »
The evidence you submit needs to be dated before the application is submitted.  For the employer letter, it needs to be within 28 days of the date you submit your application.  Do you receive original payslips from your employer, printed on their paper?  Or do you print your own payslips from online?  If your employer prints your payslips on their paper, you do not need to have them authenticated.

For the proof of cohabitation, your first six dates look suitable, and that's all you need.  You won't need one from December 2019.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2019, 01:00:15 PM »
The evidence you submit needs to be dated before the application is submitted.  For the employer letter, it needs to be within 28 days of the date you submit your application.  Do you receive original payslips from your employer, printed on their paper?  Or do you print your own payslips from online?  If your employer prints your payslips on their paper, you do not need to have them authenticated.
Thank you for these clarifications.We print our payslips online, I will print the pay slips online and give it the Payroll to stamp and sign it.
HR agreed for the letter and payroll officer for the payslips to be stamped and signed.

[/quote]
 the proof of cohabitation, your first six dates look suitable, and that's all you need.  You won't need one from December 2019.
[/quote]
Sorry for this question.If i don't need Dec 2019, the length will be less than 2 years from Dec 2017 to August 2019.

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2019, 02:15:36 PM »
the proof of cohabitation, your first six dates look suitable, and that's all you need.  You won't need one from December 2019.
Sorry for this question.If i don't need Dec 2019, the length will be less than 2 years from Dec 2017 to August 2019.

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2019, 03:14:48 PM »

But your accommodation evidence will cover you for December 2019 (as you are showing you both live there at the time of application), so you don’t need to show relationship evidence from that period too.

Remember you only need 6 documents each, every 4 months, but if you included December 2019, that would be 7 documents.

So, tou only need to send:
1. Dec 2017
2. Apr 2018
3. Aug 2018
4. Dec 2018
5. Apr 2019
6. Aug 2019

And then your accommodation documents will cover Dec 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2019, 12:13:29 AM »

But your accommodation evidence will cover you for December 2019 (as you are showing you both live there at the time of application), so you don’t need to show relationship evidence from that period too.

Remember you only need 6 documents each, every 4 months, but if you included December 2019, that would be 7 documents.

So, tou only need to send:
1. Dec 2017
2. Apr 2018
3. Aug 2018
4. Dec 2018
5. Apr 2019
6. Aug 2019

And then your accommodation documents will cover Dec 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for this clarification and support.I have learnt a lot from you and others.Stay blessed.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab