Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question: FLR - Bank Statements  (Read 1565 times)

• Liked: 6
Question: FLR - Bank Statements
« on: October 17, 2019, 05:27:43 PM »
Hello Ladies and Gents:

I think I have this right based on what I've seen in past posts, but always like to double, triple, quadruple check.  I arrived in England on May 03, 2017 on spouse visa.   My residence permit expires January 04, 2020.  I think that means the earliest I can apply is December 07, 2019.  Is that right, 28 days before Visa expires?  Is the next visa I need to apply for the FLR? 

I am trying to remember what the bank account statement requirements are.  Is it supposed to be 6 months back from the date of the date we submit the new application?  Is that right?

I just saw that flights home are cheap right now and it would let me be home for Thanksgiving, though we are still iffy about flying back given it's so close to the visa renewal.  Flying back could mean I get to collect my bank statements and might make it easier to get the certified statements which last time I had to go into a bank branch to request...plus all the fall and Christmas decor I could haul back!!! :P  Is there any issue with having a long (19 days or so) stay outside of the UK before renewal?  I would prefer to be home for Christmas this year, but with how my renewal falls I don't think that will be possible.

Thanks.
UK Spouse Visa
Arrival to UK:                            3rd May 2017
FLR(M) Application:                1st Jan 2020. [Standard]
FLR(M) Biometrics:                 27th Feb 2020.
FLR(M) Approval:                     6th Mar 2020.

• Liked: 1327
Re: Question: FLR - Bank Statements
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2019, 05:51:45 PM »
You can apply from as early as 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK... you arrived 3 May, 2017, so 30 months is 3 November, 2019... 28 days before that was 6 October.  So, you can apply any time between now and the expiration on your BRP.  I would recommend putting it off 'til later, rather than doing it as early as you possibly can, so your next visa would be issued later and then you'll have a longer window before it expires to get your ILR application in.

FLR(M) is the next visa, correct.

You will need to supply evidence to satisfy:
- Proof of the relationship (6 pieces of official post from at least three different sources addressed to you and your spouse at the same address, spread evenly over the last 2.5 years; and your marriage certificate)
- Proof of accommodation: tenancy agreement (with letter from landlord if the applicant's name isn't listed), or land registry document if you own your home
- Proof of financial means:  If through applicant's and/or sponsor's employment, the evidence is 6 FULL months of payslips, 6 FULL months of bank statements showing the wages going in, a letter from the employer verifying the details of employment, and optionally (but recommended) the latest P60 and the employment contract.

EDITED TO ADD:  There's no issue with having a holiday right before visa renewal, as long as you are back and apply for your FLR(M) before your current visa expires.  Remember:  "Applying" means submitting the online application.  You don't have to complete biometrics before January 4th... you just have to have submitted the online application and paid the fee.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 05:54:47 PM by jfkimberly »
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:40:54 PM »
You can apply from as early as 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK... you arrived 3 May, 2017, so 30 months is 3 November, 2019... 28 days before that was 6 October.  So, you can apply any time between now and the expiration on your BRP.  I would recommend putting it off 'til later, rather than doing it as early as you possibly can, so your next visa would be issued later and then you'll have a longer window before it expires to get your ILR application in.

FLR(M) is the next visa, correct.

You will need to supply evidence to satisfy:
- Proof of the relationship (6 pieces of official post from at least three different sources addressed to you and your spouse at the same address, spread evenly over the last 2.5 years; and your marriage certificate)
- Proof of accommodation: tenancy agreement (with letter from landlord if the applicant's name isn't listed), or land registry document if you own your home
- Proof of financial means:  If through applicant's and/or sponsor's employment, the evidence is 6 FULL months of payslips, 6 FULL months of bank statements showing the wages going in, a letter from the employer verifying the details of employment, and optionally (but recommended) the latest P60 and the employment contract.

EDITED TO ADD:  There's no issue with having a holiday right before visa renewal, as long as you are back and apply for your FLR(M) before your current visa expires.  Remember:  "Applying" means submitting the online application.  You don't have to complete biometrics before January 4th... you just have to have submitted the online application and paid the fee.

oooohhhh....I was wondering why they only gave you 28 days to apply before the visa expired.  I hate to leave it so close to the deadline, but it makes more sense to have more time to apply for the ILR. 

We have been lucky enough to maintain our savings so I think I just need to send in bank account statements for the financial portion.  Is it 6 full months back/prior from the date I submit the application?

Also we are renting but do not have a lease/tenancy agreement.  Would just a letter from the landlord indicating we rent from him suffice?  Or maybe the council tax statement?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 07:57:17 PM by ConsuelaLemonPledge »
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2019, 04:52:21 AM »
oooohhhh....I was wondering why they only gave you 28 days to apply before the visa expired.  I hate to leave it so close to the deadline, but it makes more sense to have more time to apply for the ILR. 

We have been lucky enough to maintain our savings so I think I just need to send in bank account statements for the financial portion.  Is it 6 full months back/prior from the date I submit the application?

Also we are renting but do not have a lease/tenancy agreement.  Would just a letter from the landlord indicating we rent from him suffice?  Or maybe the council tax statement?

Yes, it's a full 6 months of statements (most people go over a bit for safety) the most recent of which must be dated within 28 days before the date you submit your online application.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

I'd be surprised if it's legal for you to be renting without a tenancy agreement. Are you paying money to a family member perhaps, what is the situation?

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2019, 07:18:07 PM »
Yes, it's a full 6 months of statements (most people go over a bit for safety) the most recent of which must be dated within 28 days before the date you submit your online application.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-fm-se-family-members-specified-evidence

I'd be surprised if it's legal for you to be renting without a tenancy agreement. Are you paying money to a family member perhaps, what is the situation?

We are renting from a family friend...we are in a small village and everyone knows everyone so it's pretty informal.  I can probably get a letter but not sure if that would be sufficient.
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2019, 12:50:23 AM »
Hi guys, just bumping to see if anyone has submitted just a letter from landlord confirming rental situation. 

Also, from what I see I posts here we don’t have to mail docs now.  Right?  If it’s uploads will they take a scan of online bank account transactions? Trying to avoid having to call bank to ask for a printout for December since statement won’t be ready, last time I had to go to the branch to get the branch manager to sign a printout and they were confused by the request ..and would also be much easier and cheaper if my family can scan the statements rather than mail them to me. Will the originals need to be provided at any point even if you upload them?

Thanks.
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 92
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2019, 07:34:48 AM »
Hi all. My question is related to the dates Consuela has talked about so sorry if I’m tagging along on your post! I can answer one question you asked and that is that every document is scanned and uploaded either by you or they will do it at your Biometrics for a “scanning fee”

My question though is about waiting to apply to ensure the ILR will have enough of the 60 months. I have always been under impression it’s best to do FLRm as early as possible - maybe it’s better to wait a few months?   ??? I am queen of procrastination so my mind is blown it’s better to wait a little bit! Why does everyone try to apply so early if it’s better not to? Sorry I was trying to get app in for last week of November so now this changes plans significantly. Entry date 24 June 2017. BRP issue date 28 May 17 exp 11 March 2020
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 07:37:57 AM by jessmed3 »
Application: April 5 2017
Biometrics: April 13 2017
Received: April 19 2017
Decision email: June 6 2017
Decision: June 8 2017 -- APPROVED! 😊
Arrived in UK: June 24, 2017

FLR(m): Applied standard - 20 Dec 2019
Biometrics done - 13 January 2020
Approved for FLR(m)!  Feb 2020

ILR Applied Super Priority - 12 July 2022
Biometrics (got a cancellation!) -13 July 2022
APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

Next up - Naturalisation application!

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2019, 08:03:15 AM »

My question though is about waiting to apply to ensure the ILR will have enough of the 60 months. I have always been under impression it’s best to do FLRm as early as possible - maybe it’s better to wait a few months?   ??? I am queen of procrastination so my mind is blown it’s better to wait a little bit! Why does everyone try to apply so early if it’s better not to? Sorry I was trying to get app in for last week of November so now this changes plans significantly. Entry date 24 June 2017. BRP issue date 28 May 17 exp 11 March 2020

You can apply any time from 28 days before 2.5 years since entry, up until the expiration date of your BRP. I also don't know why people apply so early for FLR as leaving it longer means your BRP should give you a validity further into the future, hence more time to apply for ILR should you need it.
Applying for ILR is different, you'll want to do that as soon as possible after 28 days before 5 years since arrival, just to get the whole thing over with!   :)

« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 08:12:18 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 08:10:20 AM »
Hi all. My question is related to the dates Consuela has talked about so sorry if I’m tagging along on your post! I can answer one question you asked and that is that every document is scanned and uploaded either by you or they will do it at your Biometrics for a “scanning fee”

The earliest you can submit your application 28 days before you reach 30 months in the UK (so 28 days before 24 Dec 2018).

The latest you can submit it is the expiry date of your visa (11 March 2020).

So, as long as you submit the application at some point between those 2 dates, you will be fine.

I believe that your FLR(M) is supposed to start from the expiry date of your current visa, but I’m not sure if this is actually done in practice, or if it’s made valid from the date it is issued.

So, the concern with applying earlier rather than later is that if you pay for the 24-hour super priority service and the visa is issued to start from that date, then you limit the amount of time you will have to apply for ILR.

I.e. say you apply on November 28th and the visa is issued to start in November 29th 2019. It will expire on May 29th 2022... but you won’t reach 5 years until June 24th, which means you can’t apply for ILR until May 27th, which only gives you a 2-day window in which to apply for ILR.

But if you apply on, say, January 24th and your visa starts the next day, it won’t expire until July 24th 2022, so that gives you a 2-month window to apply for ILR, instead of only 2 days.

Of course, this may not be an issue at all, but it’s one reason why someone might choose to apply a bit later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 08:23:42 AM »
You can apply any time from 28 days before 2.5 years since entry, up until the expiration date of your BRP. I also don't know why people apply so early for FLR as leaving it longer means your BRP should give you a validity further into the future, hence more time to apply for IRL should you need it.
Applying for ILR is different, you'll want to do that as soon as possible after 28 days before 5 years since arrival, just to get the whole thing over with!   :)

Thank you! I will reassess :)

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 08:27:23 AM »

So, the concern with applying earlier rather than later is that if you pay for the 24-hour super priority service and the visa is issued to start from that date, then you limit the amount of time you will have to apply for ILR.

I.e. say you apply on November 28th and the visa is issued to start in November 29th 2019. It will expire on May 29th 2022... but you won’t reach 5 years until June 24th, which means you can’t apply for ILR until May 27th, which only gives you a 2-day window in which to apply for ILR.

But if you apply on, say, January 24th and your visa starts the next day, it won’t expire until July 24th 2022, so that gives you a 2-month window to apply for ILR, instead of only 2 days.

Of course, this may not be an issue at all, but it’s one reason why someone might choose to apply a bit later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thank you @ksand24 —I’ll probably think about it another day to quote Scarlett O’Hara ;)

APPROVED! - 13 July 2022

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2019, 02:30:35 AM »
How likely is it to get denied entrance if only a few days left before BRP expires?  Anyone read any horror stories about this?  Kind of scared about being denied entry on return, flying out for holidays.  Can I submit my FLR from outside of UK?
UK Spouse Visa

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2019, 06:29:31 AM »
How likely is it to get denied entrance if only a few days left before BRP expires?  Anyone read any horror stories about this?  Kind of scared about being denied entry on return, flying out for holidays.  Can I submit my FLR from outside of UK?

You can only apply for FLR(M) from within the UK.

I think cutting it so fine is a risky proposition, not so much because of what might happen at the border (because you should be prepared and able to describe how you are going to apply as soon as you get home so they should let you through) but what if your travel is delayed for any reason?

Your return could be delayed by illness, industrial action, weather, volcanic activity...

Unfortunately even if you apply before you leave and pay for the £800 super priority service, there is still a risk that they won't process it as soon as they say they will, and of course you would still need to wait for your BRP unless you could have someone courier it to you maybe.

How much time do you have to apply before the trip?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 06:33:03 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2019, 07:48:30 AM »
You can only apply for FLR(M) from within the UK.

I think cutting it so fine is a risky proposition, not so much because of what might happen at the border (because you should be prepared and able to describe how you are going to apply as soon as you get home so they should let you through) but what if your travel is delayed for any reason?

Your return could be delayed by illness, industrial action, weather, volcanic activity...

Unfortunately even if you apply before you leave and pay for the £800 super priority service, there is still a risk that they won't process it as soon as they say they will, and of course you would still need to wait for your BRP unless you could have someone courier it to you maybe.

How much time do you have to apply before the trip?

Not much, I leave Nov 23rd.  We thought we would get the app ready so that it was just a matter of uploading the docs and  hitting "submit" when I was back.  I wouldn't have normally come back so close but used airline miles and the dates were restricted.  Of course after the fact then I start thinking about them denying me bc only a few days on Visa and potential overstay issues.  Maybe we can print out the app to have with us just in case they want to check how we will apply in such short time...I haven't even looked at the app system so am I pretty much being naive about being able to get back and just clicking submit?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 07:56:36 AM by ConsuelaLemonPledge »
UK Spouse Visa

• Liked: 134
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 12:47:05 AM »

I believe that your FLR(M) is supposed to start from the expiry date of your current visa, but I’m not sure if this is actually done in practice, or if it’s made valid from the date it is issued.

In my experience, they are made valid from the issue date.

I arrived on 27 October 2014. My initial entry visa (vignette) expired 17 June 2017. My BRP for FLR(M) was made valid from the day I applied, 10 May 2017, with an expiration date of 8 December 2019. My BRP for ILR has an issue date of 23 October 2019, the day of my appointment.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab