Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I am now a fully compliant US taxpayer!  (Read 964 times)

• Liked: 1892
I am now a fully compliant US taxpayer!
« on: October 22, 2019, 05:48:46 PM »
I've just completed a big project, which was to get fully caught up on all my US tax and reporting obligations. [smiley=balloon.gif] 

I was pretty nervous about it all because I own a limited company, and have bought and sold a house, and let the problem snowball over the years.  My bank, HSBC started to hassle me for information on behalf of Uncle Sam, and I was worried that they were going to close my account so I decided that now is the time to take action.  And now it's done!

Thanks Art, for letting me know that it wasn't as painful as I feared!

• Liked: 6110
Re: I am now a fully compliant US taxpayer!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 05:52:31 PM »
I've just completed a big project, which was to get fully caught up on all my US tax and reporting obligations. [smiley=balloon.gif] 

I was pretty nervous about it all because I own a limited company, and have bought and sold a house, and let the problem snowball over the years.  My bank, HSBC started to hassle me for information on behalf of Uncle Sam, and I was worried that they were going to close my account so I decided that now is the time to take action.  And now it's done!

Thanks Art, for letting me know that it wasn't as painful as I feared!

Good for you!   [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]  Bet that's a weight off!

• Liked: 718
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 06:44:44 PM »
Well done, a great achievement.

Party time!!
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 08:09:04 AM »

Thanks guys!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:53:54 AM »
Whoot!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »
I know you and I chatted privately RE this, but if you outline what your issue was and how you solved it I'm sure people looking for answers in the future would appreciate it and help them not to panic as much!

A

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 08:07:46 AM »
I know you and I chatted privately RE this, but if you outline what your issue was and how you solved it I'm sure people looking for answers in the future would appreciate it and help them not to panic as much!
A
No thanks, I'm not comfortable broadcasting details about my financial situation.  I'm also not keen to be seen as offering financial advice when I know very little about the subject. 

I am happy to re-iterate what I learned in the process, which is that most people probably won't end up owing huge amounts to the inland revenue, but paying the professionals to help you sort it out will be expensive. 

Sponsored Links