Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: TTC  (Read 2633 times)

• Liked: 2
TTC
« on: October 24, 2019, 05:56:14 PM »
Heya!
Here’s my story me and hubby have been trying for over a year for a little one. GP refers me over to the fertility clinic I got a letter denying me because I am not a uk citizen. So I can’t receive fertility treatment through the NHS unless a citizen? I know, we could pay private but that’s not in the cards right now. At this point I just want to figure out what’s going on with me. What are other options? I did contract my GP.   Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
Re: TTC
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »
You will not qualify for services related to IVF, but have they done the basic testing to determine why you're having difficulty? You should be able to have that done, as there are non-IVF treatments to try first.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Liked: 387
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2019, 06:16:46 PM »
From what I understand, eligibility for various options varies between NHS trusts.  I suggest contacting your local CCG to see what the eligibility criteria are in your area.  Depending on what you need, you may be eligible for some services.  Hope you can get some clarification.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2019, 06:21:07 PM »
Thank you and what they have done so far is blood tests for hormones, tested my husband, ultrasound of my ovaries but not a trans vagina. all was normal. It was my GP that referred me to the clinic.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2019, 06:40:24 PM »
Unfortunately it sounds like the next steps are not covered under the NHS.  It sucks, so huge big hugs!  But you will either need to wait until you qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain or pay out of pocket.  How far are you from ILR?

Want to expand further on your circumstances?  How old are you?  Are you experiencing regular periods?  Would a medication help that assists with ovulation?

Huge huge hugs.  I know how it feels when unable to get pregnant.  All you see are babies and bumps everywhere. 

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2019, 07:08:28 PM »
I seem to be ovulating normal and I get a period every month. I did contact my GP about what the fertility clinic said just waiting for a call back. I am 37 and ILR is another 2.5 years. Thank you for the hugs many hugs back at ya :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 07:21:51 PM »
I seem to be ovulating normal and I get a period every month. I did contact my GP about what the fertility clinic said just waiting for a call back. I am 37 and ILR is another 2.5 years. Thank you for the hugs many hugs back at ya :)

That's fantastic news.  I'm sure you are already doing it - but I found the Clear Blue Duo Ovulation Sticks to really help learn when I was ovulating.

My good news is I now need hugs as I have two WILD children running around my house.  But I struggled to conceive the second.  We were your classic case of "okay, we are a family of 3 and that's okay"  and boom - next month pregnant.  Happened on the 13th month when it wasn't the best timing.  Always the way, right?  But obviously, I wouldn't change a thing.  Well, some days maybe.  ;D

Try to have fun trying!  Shame all your money is going on visas.  That would easily cover the cost of IVF!

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »
I struggled to conceive with mine too and had to go through the nhs for ivf. IVF didn’t work so we actually had her naturally a maricle really as doctors told us we couldn’t conceive naturally. I was so down and depressed  about the whole situation though and found an online fertility forum to be really helpful. We were told hubby had issues and I had polycystic ovaries and a bit of endometriosis but had to have a laparoscopy for investigations. Sorry to hear you are having problems I understand what you are going through
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

• Liked: 239
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »
Baby dust to you! My husband and I have been trying for about a year and a half. We got one visit to the fertility clinic and were discharged saying there’s nothing wrong with us and they couldn’t do anything for us. 
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Approved: 1 May 2018

FLR(M) Standard
Approved: 16 June 2021

ILR (SET M) Super Priority
Approved: 29 August 2023

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2019, 05:09:06 PM »
Amazing ladies!!! Thank you for your stories and help! Big hugs xxxx

• Liked: 170
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
That sucks. But they’re right: assisted conception is not covered by the ihs payment... it’s a really tough thing to be confronted by.

It took us two and a half years (and ivf on the nhs because I became British a few years ago). Worst years of my life. Nothing ‘wrong’ was ever found with us... not that they really looked. Just, ‘oh trouble conceiving? Ivf will solve that.’

I found learning about the science and statistics comforting sometimes. Like 80% will conceive in a year and at least 50% of the remaining will conceive in the second year. But individuals aren’t statistics, obviously.

I did find getting my thyroid tested helped. I took meds for it all through my eventual pregnancy. As did losing a bit t of weight (despite already having a ‘normal’ bmi).

I honestly would wish infertility on my worst enemy. It’s literally the worst. Hugs.

2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2019, 02:03:46 PM »
That sucks. But they’re right: assisted conception is not covered by the ihs payment... it’s a really tough thing to be confronted by.

It took us two and a half years (and ivf on the nhs because I became British a few years ago). Worst years of my life. Nothing ‘wrong’ was ever found with us... not that they really looked. Just, ‘oh trouble conceiving? Ivf will solve that.’

I found learning about the science and statistics comforting sometimes. Like 80% will conceive in a year and at least 50% of the remaining will conceive in the second year. But individuals aren’t statistics, obviously.

I did find getting my thyroid tested helped. I took meds for it all through my eventual pregnancy. As did losing a bit t of weight (despite already having a ‘normal’ bmi).

I honestly would wish infertility on my worst enemy. It’s literally the worst. Hugs.

It’s a hard pill to swallow considering all the other things you could get denied for when needing treatments. That’s the only one I didn’t know about. I do have hypothyroidism that was diagnosed in 2014 so god knows how long I’ve had that and possible pcos which the endocrinologist in the states at the time kept shrugging it off. I’ve been on levothyroxine since then my weight has been a major issue as I never was before over weight in my life until now.  I am finding it hard to lose it doing anything to try. Umm, they did up my Levo last year cause I said me and hubby were going to try and conceive. All my tests have been normal so I’m stubbed. They have only done a hormone panel and a scan. Not trans vaginal not sure if that would show more in depth. I was trying to track ovulation but it made me cray cray lol so I stopped.

• Liked: 170
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2019, 05:11:05 PM »
Tsh should be really low (less than 2.5) and T4 should be in the higher range of ‘normal’, like high teens. I found a low gi (not specifically low carb) diet really helped and I lost a stone and a half in like three months. Thyroid issues can definitely make ttc harder.

Transvaginal scans don’t generally show much more than if you have polycysitic ovaries or not (up to 30% of women do and it’s not the same as pcos but can be one of the indicators of pcos).

You probably should have an hsg or hycosy, which is a scan to see if your tubes are clear. Is minor surgery where they put a dye through your tubes to see if they’re open. Many women get pregnant after the procedure as it’s meant to be a good ‘flush out’. But this would probably be done privately.

2004-2008: Student Visa
2008-2010: Tier 1 PSW
2010-2011: Tier 4
2011-2014: Tier 2
2013-2016: New Tier 2 (changed jobs)
16/12/15: SET (LR) successful! - It's been a long road...
12/05/16: Citizenship ceremony!

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2019, 06:22:40 PM »
 Thank you so much I will ask but it seems my GP doesn’t want to help

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab