Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Q: Does the Home Office confirm they recieved our application?  (Read 472 times)

• Liked: 11
Q: Does the Home Office confirm they recieved our application?
« on: October 30, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »

Hello all!

So I've applied for my FLRm before the deadline. I had my appointment with Sopra Steria on the 15th, did my biometric, had them scan and send my documents to HO.

My question is, does HO send you an Email When they recieved your application, or do they just send something once they have reached a descion?
I'm concerned about this because I am currently seeking employment, and two different jobs have requested that I provide a confirmation from HO that they have indeed recieved my application and that it is indeed pending.
I provided them with my confirmation of payment online, and my Sopra Steria appointment confirmation.  But that wasn't good enough. They needed something from Home Office.
So are we supposed to get something from Home Office?
I tried ringing them. No luck in speaking to a person. I sent them an E-mail requesting a confirmation, and all they did was give me a phone number for my prospective employer to call.
So now I am a bit panicky....😖
Was I supposed to get something???
Does Sopra Steria ever screw up and get stuff lost in the post???
I'm less concerned now about getting a job ( although annoying and frustrating) and now more afraid that maybe my stuff didn't make it to HO? It's been 15 days now....

Any answers that can alleviate my panic?
Or do I just wait for a descion?

The fact that 2 different employers seem to think I'm supposed to provide a letter from Home Office, make me think I was supposed to get one.... :\\\'(

Please help...
I'm a nervous wreck now....

• Liked: 7
Re: Q: Does the Home Office confirm they recieved our application?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 03:20:53 PM »
I had my appointment on 11th October for ILR and as they scanned all my documents to upload with my application electronically, I got a text on the 12th to confirm it had all been submitted to UKVI successfully... but I had paid the extra to get text updates

As far as potential employers go, they need to do what's called an ECS check on the government website to verify your right to work whilst your application is pending, as I'm in the same situation as you (made redundant through the collapse of Thomas Cook though lol)

https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration-employment-status

Hope this helps!!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »
I never received any acknowledgement from HO that they received my application, and that was very worrying for me. But I did receive my Visa in the end.

I submitted my application online on 4 September, and attended my biometric appointment on 9 September. I received my BRP last Friday and my letter from the HO the next day. The letter referred to my application "submitted 4 September", so they did get it the day I submitted it.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »
I never received any acknowledgement from HO that they received my application, and that was very worrying for me. But I did receive my Visa in the end.

I submitted my application online on 4 September, and attended my biometric appointment on 9 September. I received my BRP last Friday and my letter from the HO the next day. The letter referred to my application "submitted 4 September", so they did get it the day I submitted it.
Which visa did you apply for?

I'm trying to get an idea of how long I might be waiting for mine! Lol

May 17, 2014: Arrived in England on Fiancé Visa, July 24, 2014: Married my husband, September 19, 2014: had our wedding with friends and family, October 4, 2014: Granted first Further Leave to Remain (m)!!!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 08:39:04 PM »
Which visa did you apply for?

I'm trying to get an idea of how long I might be waiting for mine! Lol

It's my first leave to remain visa, which is good for 2 1/2 years. I received it about 7 weeks from when I submitted online, and about 6 1/2 weeks from my biometric appointment.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 08:41:11 PM by nonnymouse »

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »
My first leave to remain visa, which is good for 2 1/2 years.
Ohhh
.. I'm waiting on my ILR over here lol hopefully it's similar time frames!!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab