Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Biometrics appointment  (Read 417 times)

• Liked: 2
Biometrics appointment
« on: October 31, 2019, 05:57:20 PM »
Hi

I just had my biometrics appointment but it’s left me confused as to why they didn’t take my documents which shows my husbands income, banking statements etc. can someone explain this to me?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Biometrics appointment
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 06:05:32 PM »
Hi

I just had my biometrics appointment but it’s left me confused as to why they didn’t take my documents which shows my husbands income, banking statements etc. can someone explain this to me?

Thanks

For applications within the UK you either have to upload the documents yourself or pay for them to do it for you at your appointment. Presumably you didn't choose that service so you will have to do it yourself now.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »
As larabee said, if youre applying from within the UK, you'd either need to upload these to the website yourself or pay for the service. If you are in the UK, it sounds like you may not have paid for the service so wouldve needed to do this yourself... unfortunately, (not to make you prematurely panic) you may not have a chance to now as i believe the person at the appointment submits the documents to HO so you needed to upload before that point (unless somebody else can confirm this isnt the case as i was lead to believe). Hopefully if this happened, HO would contact you assuming there was an error and ask for a copy. 

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2019, 07:18:05 PM »
Although maybe youre not in the UK as i cant imagine them letting you leave/agreeing to submit the application without any documents

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2019, 07:52:29 PM »
I uploaded mandatory documents on the website but it didn’t ask for banking statements, payslips all that was mentioned on my checklist. I showed her and she said I already uploaded what I needed to which is hard to believe and she asked the person next to her.

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:47 PM »
I uploaded mandatory documents on the website but it didn’t ask for banking statements, payslips all that was mentioned on my checklist. I showed her and she said I already uploaded what I needed to which is hard to believe and she asked the person next to her.

Have a look at your account and see if you can get back in and upload them now. They definitely need to see your financial evidence.

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »
I don’t understand why it says that’s optional when it’s not. Yeah I can log into and upload

• Liked: 73
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2019, 09:10:47 PM »
I used to read that you can upload supporting documents up until 10pm on the day of your appointment. No idea if this is the case but I would certainly upload the ones you have missed. The term 'mandatory' on the application forms really does not cover all the documents that are required.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Married 1966, left UK 1969, returned 1998, left again 2000, returned June 2014 (husband on spousal visa) granted FLR(M) November 30th 2016  and ILR on  24th May, 2019. Yeah!

• Liked: 10
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2019, 10:00:43 PM »
As the others have mentioned, the list that is generated for you is really basic and doesn’t include the vast amount of documents you need to upload. From what I remember it just said passport bio, marriage certificate, and divorce certificate if applicable.

If you can’t upload the rest of your documents today then your best bet would be to post them with your passport/application form/stamped biometric etc to NY. I think we could still access the Upload Documents page on VFS the day after biometrics we’re done, but we’d already uploaded everything so didn’t test out whether it would actually accept them. Two days after biometrics the option wasn’t available anymore because the ‘application has been processed’.

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2019, 11:23:00 PM »
Thank you guys for the help! I got it sorted and uploaded what was on the checklist in the optional area: It’s very vague what else needs to be uploaded besides mandatory documents which was basically proof of myself and my husband and declaration, marriage certificate. Glad I went with my gut instinct. Thanks again :)

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2019, 06:33:26 AM »
If you can’t upload the rest of your documents today then your best bet would be to post them with your passport/application form/stamped biometric etc to NY. I think we could still access the Upload Documents page on VFS the day after biometrics we’re done, but we’d already uploaded everything so didn’t test out whether it would actually accept them. Two days after biometrics the option wasn’t available anymore because the ‘application has been processed’.

mdamiani is applying from within the UK.  :)

Thank you guys for the help! I got it sorted and uploaded what was on the checklist in the optional area: It’s very vague what else needs to be uploaded besides mandatory documents which was basically proof of myself and my husband and declaration, marriage certificate. Glad I went with my gut instinct. Thanks again :)

Be careful to provide everything that you need. Do not rely on the checklists, apparently none of them necessarily cover it all.

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »

Be careful to provide everything that you need. Do not rely on the checklists, apparently none of them necessarily cover it all.
I made sure I over did documents just in case. X

• Liked: 10
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 08:38:06 AM »

Ah sorry, I didn’t see that part!

Sponsored Links