Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to live in the UK with a family but still have good income?  (Read 1677 times)

• Liked: 2
We have lived in London for 4 years, temporarily moved to Australia for 1 year to give birth to my son who is 5 months now, bit going back to the UK in 2 months.
Our obvious plan is to go back to London, probably find something SW or South London. In our previous experience, living in the city it would really drain us. I work in banking and my husband works in media, and now that we are going back we want to find an area out of London, even considering another city in the UK to be honest!

Rent prices in London are crazy. We thought maybe somewhere in Essex, but train costs are so much to get into London.

We would love recommendations with a good family balance and a city where we can actually get a job as well. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated :)

( im from LA originally :)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Where to live in the UK with a family but still have good income?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 07:26:22 PM »
As a banker, I would think London is the only option for work.  All depends on how far you are willing to commute.  But no where within a reasonable commute (under 90 minutes) will be particularly affordable...

• Liked: 1892
Re: Where to live in the UK with a family but still have good income?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2019, 08:41:22 AM »
I've  lived in Twickenham  for almost 20 years and really like it.  Or Richmond if you'r budget is a bit higher.  We're 25 minutes from the city, with particularly good connections to Waterloo and Bank.  It's a quiet, green and leafy suburb with riverside walks, great playgrounds and schools. 

Are you dead set on moving back to the UK or do you have other places in mind?  The job market in England is really tanking right now and Brexit has torn the country apart. 

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab